Politics & Current Events

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:19 pm

Plus, as people have pointed out, this isn't just him being rude or thoughtless, or making a gaffe. This is straight up sociopath behavior, as questioning just his basic competence as a functioning human being.
0 x

NOLA
All-Star

Postby NOLA » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:29 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
NOLA wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
The completely arbitrary priority scale you have in your head is nonsensical and without meaning. There's not some kind of cutoff point where we reach critical mass of being able to keep track of the terrible things this goon does and says, despite the repeated wails to the contrary.

Maybe on a message board I’ll grant you, but it seems to consume social media (which carries more weight than it should) and definitely with the 24/7 news. Reading all the angst over stupid Trump statements here is just a small example of a larger problem in my mind. Forest amidst the trees.

There were a couple posts about it until you decided to tell people they shouldn't be upset about it.

Social media is monitoring everything, don't worry. It's not a one story situation.

Actually, no.
-People express outrage at another stupid thing Trump said.
-I post that this is low hanging fruit and pales in comparison considering the horrible horsefeathers he’s quietly doing that doesn’t get the same attention.
-I get accused of “excusing” Trump’s behavior because I’m not internet outraged enough over this. I just was trying to give some context.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:34 pm

NOLA wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
NOLA wrote:Maybe on a message board I’ll grant you, but it seems to consume social media (which carries more weight than it should) and definitely with the 24/7 news. Reading all the angst over stupid Trump statements here is just a small example of a larger problem in my mind. Forest amidst the trees.

There were a couple posts about it until you decided to tell people they shouldn't be upset about it.

Social media is monitoring everything, don't worry. It's not a one story situation.

Actually, no.
-I post that this is low hanging fruit and pales in comparison considering the horrible horsefeathers he’s quietly doing that doesn’t get the same attention.
-I get accused of “excusing” Trump’s behavior because I’m not internet outraged enough over this. I just was trying to give some context.

thank you for you service.
the rest of us are certainly incapable of realizing other bad things are happening.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:44 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:The President of the United States being so mentally ill that he can't get through a simple consolatory phone call without being wildly offensive is not a minor issue.

Nor is the fact that 40% of America would still vote for this piece of horsefeathers
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:51 pm

NOLA wrote:-I post that this is low hanging fruit and pales in comparison considering the horrible horsefeathers he’s quietly doing that doesn’t get the same attention.

Like what?
0 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:15 pm

This will shock you guys, but Trump's 'proof' was just that there was Cabinet members present in the room and they said it was very respectful. Sarah Sanders couldn't even deny the 'this is what he signed up for' line when asked repeatedly about it.
0 x

NOLA
All-Star

Postby NOLA » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:32 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
NOLA wrote:-I post that this is low hanging fruit and pales in comparison considering the horrible horsefeathers he’s quietly doing that doesn’t get the same attention.

Like what?

Allowing Pruitt to rubberstamp mining in a protected fishery in Alaska, Kushner’s security clearance and the continuing use of personal email accounts, his stance of eliminating filibusters, even Puerto Rico, Houston and Florida are becoming yesterday’s news. None of these things get the play that stupid things Trump says gets. If he were smarter I’d say it’s a genius ploy.
0 x

NOLA
All-Star

Postby NOLA » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
NOLA wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:There were a couple posts about it until you decided to tell people they shouldn't be upset about it.

Actually, no.

thank you for you service.
the rest of us are certainly incapable of realizing other bad things are happening.

:dontknow: you’re welcome??

Don’t get butthurt now. You’re the one who accused me of “excusing” Trump. We’re on the same side here. I’m just more outraged by other things he does.
0 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:45 pm

I bet all those people wavering on Trump will finally flip once they hear about mining in a protected fishery in Alaska
5 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

Cubfanintheknow
All-Star

Postby Cubfanintheknow » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:54 pm

NOLA wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Like what?

Allowing Pruitt to rubberstamp mining in a protected fishery in Alaska, Kushner’s security clearance and the continuing use of personal email accounts, his stance of eliminating filibusters, even Puerto Rico, Houston and Florida are becoming yesterday’s news. None of these things get the play that stupid things Trump says gets. If he were smarter I’d say it’s a genius ploy.

This line of thinking has been hashed out at least a dozen times in this thread. Yes, crap like this gets a lot of play. Rightfully so; the creep proves time and again he can't get anything right. Not a thing. Nothing.

The other items you mentioned will come out in due time. The list of offenses against 45 is long. horsefeathers will hit the fan. It's coming.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:07 pm

NOLA wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Like what?

Why would these things go away? Minus the fishery thing; nobody would ever give a horsefeathers about that. We've seen repeatedly that tings he's done or said come back up again, yet this time it's a problem that him being a monster is going to somehow torpedo everyone's memory of other things like his glowing skin works like the memory stick thing in Men in Black?

All we keep hearing are people bemoaning how people forget about the terrible things he's done, yet nobody has forgotten any of the terrible things he's done. horsefeathers he said and did on the campaign trail still come back up, for horsefeathers's sake.
0 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:10 pm

0 x

NOLA
All-Star

Postby NOLA » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:08 pm

SouthSideRyan wrote:I bet all those people wavering on Trump will finally flip once they hear about mining in a protected fishery in Alaska

You kid, but likewise I could say that all those people waivering on Trump will surely flip once they hear that he was really, really a jerk to someone this time.

Seriously, if you don’t already know about what’s happening with that pending permit in Alaska you should look it up.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Today the NFL talked it over with their lawyers, and yes it is quite against the law to compel their workers to stand for the national anthem. They could have asked any 17-year old who just finished US History and he would have told them the same. Trump, not knowing anything about history or the law made an obvious tweet.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:45 pm

NOLA wrote:
SouthSideRyan wrote:I bet all those people wavering on Trump will finally flip once they hear about mining in a protected fishery in Alaska

You kid, but likewise I could say that all those people waivering on Trump will surely flip once they hear that he was really, really a jerk to someone this time.

Seriously, if you don’t already know about what’s happening with that pending permit in Alaska you should look it up.

Can't; I'm too busy ignoring any new stuff Trump does so I don't end up ignoring the stuff he's already done.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:55 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
NOLA wrote:

Can't; I'm too busy ignoring any new stuff Trump does so I don't end up ignoring the stuff he's already done.

The human brain can only hold so much information...it's like you've never even seen Johnny Mnemonic!
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:57 pm

Banedon wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
NOLA wrote:You kid, but likewise I could say that all those people waivering on Trump will surely flip once they hear that he was really, really a jerk to someone this time.

The human brain can only hold so much information...it's like you've never even seen Johnny Mnemonic!

Or listened to Trump! We only have so much energy in our bodies.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:58 pm

Not sure where to put this but, Alligator brewery in Gainsville is offering a draft beer for each Richard Spencer ticket bought and brought in. They are burning the tickets. Way to go!
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:11 pm

CubinNY wrote:Today the NFL talked it over with their lawyers, and yes it is quite against the law to compel their workers to stand for the national anthem. They could have asked any 17-year old who just finished US History and he would have told them the same. Trump, not knowing anything about history or the law made an obvious tweet.

The NBA requires its players to stand for the anthem. I don't see any constitutional lawyers taking them to court
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:17 pm

Derwood wrote:
CubinNY wrote:Today the NFL talked it over with their lawyers, and yes it is quite against the law to compel their workers to stand for the national anthem. They could have asked any 17-year old who just finished US History and he would have told them the same. Trump, not knowing anything about history or the law made an obvious tweet.

The NBA requires its players to stand for the anthem. I don't see any constitutional lawyers taking them to court

Because, surprise surprise, they flipped out 20 years ago over a black Muslim player not wanting to have to stand or on the court for the anthem. And then, even bigger surprise, dude basically was oddly not signed after his contract was up at age 29. WEIRD.

Basically a player needs to challenge this today, because I think it's doubtful a team or the league would do anything.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:37 pm

Derwood wrote:

Apparently, the NFL should not ask Derwood his opinion.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:42 pm

CubinNY wrote:
Derwood wrote:

I'm not saying any league should force their players to do this; that's a dumb thing to do. But to say that the NFL can't do it clearly isn't true
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:44 pm

Derwood wrote:
CubinNY wrote:
Derwood wrote:

I'm not saying any league should force their players to do this; that's a dumb thing to do. But to say that the NFL can't do it clearly isn't true

I'm not sure why you think that it clearly isn't true.

Businesses can and do attempt to do all sorts of things to their employees. That isn't the question.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:45 pm

Derwood wrote:
CubinNY wrote:
Derwood wrote:

They can't do it is absolutely true. The players are agreeing to do it. They don't have to agree.
0 x

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:56 pm

0 x

Return to “Social”