Politics & Current Events

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 64180
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 332
x 1001

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Derwood » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:51 pm

Image
1 x
Image

User avatar
NOLA
All-Star
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Marigny, New Orleans
x 335
x 218
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby NOLA » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:32 pm

Derwood wrote:CNN Headline: "Trump to Merkel: We Were Both Wiretapped"

At one point does he suffer for throwing out random crap?

He is already.
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 64180
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 332
x 1001

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Derwood » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:38 pm

NOLA wrote:
Derwood wrote:CNN Headline: "Trump to Merkel: We Were Both Wiretapped"

At one point does he suffer for throwing out random crap?

He is already.


ehhhhhh
0 x
Image

User avatar
NOLA
All-Star
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Marigny, New Orleans
x 335
x 218
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby NOLA » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Derwood wrote:
NOLA wrote:
Derwood wrote:CNN Headline: "Trump to Merkel: We Were Both Wiretapped"

At one point does he suffer for throwing out random crap?

He is already.


ehhhhhh

I guess it depends on your definition of suffering.
He's already shedding allies from the Right, which will prove costly as the investigations proceed. If he had to this point behaved like a steady hand at the wheel, do you think Lindsay Graham and others in the Senate would be calling for inquiries?
His approval ratings are historically low and seem to be getting lower. He's a punchline to at least 65% of America. Short of impeachment, which still might be coming, I'm not sure how he hasn't paid a price for all his BS spewing.
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 64180
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 332
x 1001

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Derwood » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:01 pm

NOLA wrote:Short of impeachment, which still might be coming, I'm not sure how he hasn't paid a price for all his BS spewing.


He's still in power
His racist cronies are still in power
He's still golfing every weekend on the taxpayer dime
0 x
Image

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 53558
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 234
x 3159

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Derwood wrote:
NOLA wrote:Short of impeachment, which still might be coming, I'm not sure how he hasn't paid a price for all his BS spewing.


He's still in power
His racist cronies are still in power
He's still golfing every weekend on the taxpayer dime


Were you expecting congress to tell him to go to his room for lying and control his travel schedule or something? Or were you expecting him to have been impeached already, less than 2 months into the job?
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 64180
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 332
x 1001

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Derwood » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:09 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
Derwood wrote:
NOLA wrote:Short of impeachment, which still might be coming, I'm not sure how he hasn't paid a price for all his BS spewing.


He's still in power
His racist cronies are still in power
He's still golfing every weekend on the taxpayer dime


Were you expecting congress to tell him to go to his room for lying and control his travel schedule or something? Or were you expecting him to have been impeached already, less than 2 months into the job?


I'm not expecting anything, as we've never seen this type of behavior from a President before. There's no precedent for how to proceed.

But for now, he just keeps on saying crazy horsefeathers with impunity
0 x
Image

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 53558
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 234
x 3159

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:11 pm

A lack of immediate consequences is not the same thing as impunity, as NOLA pretty clearly illustrated.
1 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 64180
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 332
x 1001

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Derwood » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:16 pm

I'll believe he's losing GOP support when they actually vote against him on something.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 68241
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 4475
x 5765

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:17 pm

Derwood wrote:But for now, he just keeps on saying crazy horsefeathers with impunity


What do you think "impunity" means?
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 64180
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 332
x 1001

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Derwood » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:20 pm

0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 68241
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 4475
x 5765

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:51 pm

He's constantly getting that kind of pushback.
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 64180
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 332
x 1001

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Derwood » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:53 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:He's constantly getting that kind of pushback.


And we have to wait to see if that pushback amounts to anything. Neither Trump nor his cronies have any interest in learning from their mistakes
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 68241
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 4475
x 5765

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:00 pm

Image
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 68241
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 4475
x 5765

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:10 pm

Zing:

2 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63068
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 2445
x 2654

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Banedon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:26 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Zing:



US reporters shocked when German reporter asks the question that everyone wants to ask the President but US reporters are too horsefeathers to actually ask.
1 x
Image

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 64180
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 332
x 1001

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Derwood » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:28 pm

Banedon wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Zing:



US reporters shocked when German reporter asks the question that everyone wants to ask the President but US reporters are too horsefeathers to actually ask.


They all want to ask it, but it's career suicide to do so as you'll never be allowed back to the White House again
0 x
Image

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63068
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 2445
x 2654

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Banedon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:34 pm

Derwood wrote:
Banedon wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Zing:



US reporters shocked when German reporter asks the question that everyone wants to ask the President but US reporters are too horsefeathers to actually ask.


They all want to ask it, but it's career suicide to do so as you'll never be allowed back to the White House again


Tough horsefeathers. That's their horsefeathering job. Trump may not let them back in the White House for anything remotely critical anyway.
1 x
Image

User avatar
NOLA
All-Star
Posts: 3274
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Marigny, New Orleans
x 335
x 218
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby NOLA » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:50 pm

Derwood wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:He's constantly getting that kind of pushback.


And we have to wait to see if that pushback amounts to anything. Neither Trump nor his cronies have any interest in learning from their mistakes

It's only March, and because Trump and his cronies don't learn from their mistakes is exactly why this will get worse for him before it gets better. Damage control and mitigating a scandal aren't things they are very good at doing.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 68241
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 4475
x 5765

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:22 pm

NOLA wrote:
Derwood wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:He's constantly getting that kind of pushback.


And we have to wait to see if that pushback amounts to anything. Neither Trump nor his cronies have any interest in learning from their mistakes

It's only March, and because Trump and his cronies don't learn from their mistakes is exactly why this will get worse for him before it gets better. Damage control and mitigating a scandal aren't things they are very good at doing.


Yeah, that their main efforts so far have been trying again with the travel ban that easily gets smacked down and a base-alienating budget plan and ACA replacement really speaks to the dim bulbs we're dealing with here. Sure, they're evil, but they're a really stupid kind of evil that doesn't get things.
1 x

User avatar
Duke Silver
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8071
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:45 am
x 6037
x 3591

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Duke Silver » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:40 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
NOLA wrote:
Derwood wrote:
And we have to wait to see if that pushback amounts to anything. Neither Trump nor his cronies have any interest in learning from their mistakes

It's only March, and because Trump and his cronies don't learn from their mistakes is exactly why this will get worse for him before it gets better. Damage control and mitigating a scandal aren't things they are very good at doing.


Yeah, that their main efforts so far have been trying again with the travel ban that easily gets smacked down and a base-alienating budget plan and ACA replacement really speaks to the dim bulbs we're dealing with here. Sure, they're evil, but they're a really stupid kind of evil that doesn't get things.


Yep, their ineptitude outweighs their villainy. And beyond their inability to get things done leading to... things not getting done, I hope it leads to Trump not even caring about getting things done. Stay on the golf course. Keep holding campaign rallies. You don't like or want to actually run the country, so just don't.
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 64180
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 332
x 1001

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Derwood » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:27 am

Duke Silver wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
NOLA wrote:It's only March, and because Trump and his cronies don't learn from their mistakes is exactly why this will get worse for him before it gets better. Damage control and mitigating a scandal aren't things they are very good at doing.


Yeah, that their main efforts so far have been trying again with the travel ban that easily gets smacked down and a base-alienating budget plan and ACA replacement really speaks to the dim bulbs we're dealing with here. Sure, they're evil, but they're a really stupid kind of evil that doesn't get things.


Yep, their ineptitude outweighs their villainy. And beyond their inability to get things done leading to... things not getting done, I hope it leads to Trump not even caring about getting things done. Stay on the golf course. Keep holding campaign rallies. You don't like or want to actually run the country, so just don't.


So Steve Bannon can run it? No thanks
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 68241
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 4475
x 5765

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:33 am

Derwood wrote:So Steve Bannon can run it? No thanks


Every post of yours in here sounds like Kramer talking about writing things off.
4 x

User avatar
Duke Silver
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8071
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:45 am
x 6037
x 3591

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Duke Silver » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:50 am

Derwood wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
Yeah, that their main efforts so far have been trying again with the travel ban that easily gets smacked down and a base-alienating budget plan and ACA replacement really speaks to the dim bulbs we're dealing with here. Sure, they're evil, but they're a really stupid kind of evil that doesn't get things.


Yep, their ineptitude outweighs their villainy. And beyond their inability to get things done leading to... things not getting done, I hope it leads to Trump not even caring about getting things done. Stay on the golf course. Keep holding campaign rallies. You don't like or want to actually run the country, so just don't.


So Steve Bannon can run it? No thanks


Well, nothing is appealing about this situation. But our horrible president being disinterested in doing President Things is probably for the best. It's not like Bannon isn't essentially already running things, anyway.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 68241
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 4475
x 5765

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:54 am

Meet the Mercer family, who make the Koch brothers look like a couple of pikers:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/mercer-bannon/

The champagne was flowing as hedge fund executive Robert Mercer and his daughter Rebekah hosted a reception during the Cannes Film Festival last May to promote “Clinton Cash,” a film by their political adviser Stephen K. Bannon and the production company they co-founded, Glittering Steel.

The Mercers, Republican mega-donors who had spent millions on the failed presidential bid of Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, and Bannon, then executive chairman of Breitbart News Network, were still weeks from formally aligning with Donald Trump’s campaign. But the festivities that balmy evening aboard the Sea Owl, the Mercers’ luxurious yacht, marked the growing influence of their financial and political partnership in shaping the 2016 campaign — and in encouraging the populist surge now reverberating around the world.

The Mercers’ approach is far different from that of other big donors. While better-known players such as the Koch brothers on the right and George Soros on the left focus on mobilizing activists and voters, the Mercers have exerted pressure on the political system by helping erect an alternative media ecosystem, whose storylines dominated the 2016 race.

Their alliance with Bannon provided fuel for the narrative that drove Trump’s victory: that dangerous immigrants are ruining the country and corrupt power brokers are sabotaging Washington.


Seriously though; people really, really should read that article.
1 x


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bcl412, vance_the_cubs_fan and 4 guests