Politics & Current Events

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:51 pm

I'm confused; Obama looks serious and is wearing a dark suit.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:04 pm

By the time Mueller is done there will be little doubt that Trump is guilty and will have to resign or else his investigation would have ended months ago. Trump knows that and so do Republican leadership.

Now they are going to try to get the most done to further their agenda.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:15 pm

CubinNY wrote:By the time Mueller is done there will be little doubt that Trump is guilty and will have to resign or else his investigation would have ended months ago. Trump knows that and so do Republican leadership.

Wait, do you think the cops or the FBI will storm the White House and arrest the president?
0 x

The_Achiever
Starter

Postby The_Achiever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:17 pm

CubinNY wrote:By the time Mueller is done there will be little doubt that Trump is guilty and will have to resign or else his investigation would have ended months ago. Trump knows that and so do Republican leadership.

He will never resign and the GOP will always deny any wrong-doing, no matter the evidence.
0 x

The_Achiever
Starter

Postby The_Achiever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Maybe it's just me but Obama probably should have used a different artist than the Kill Whitey one.

Just maybe.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:20 pm

The_Achiever wrote:Maybe it's just me but Obama probably should have used a different artist than the Kill Whitey one.

Just maybe.

Our entire government is full of racist horsefeathers doing their best to oppress every non-white, non-male member of our society, but oh no a guy that painted Obama's portrait once painted a controversial picture.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:24 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:

Wait, do you think the cops or the FBI will storm the White House and arrest the president?

No horsefeathers, Mueller will present his evidence and it will be clear that Trump and company committed crimes before, during, and after the election and that he will have to resign.
Last edited by CubinNY on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

The_Achiever
Starter

Postby The_Achiever » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:25 pm

Banedon wrote:
The_Achiever wrote:Maybe it's just me but Obama probably should have used a different artist than the Kill Whitey one.

Just maybe.

Our entire government is full of racist horsefeathers doing their best to oppress every non-white, non-male member of our society, but oh no a guy that painted Obama's portrait once painted a controversial picture.

I don't disagree, but still think he should have picked someone else.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:26 pm

CubinNY wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

No horsefeathers, Mueller will present his evidence and it will be clear that Trump and company committed crimes before, during, and after the election and that he will have to resign.

Why?
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:42 pm

There's no reason for him to resign. Even if they take back the House, impeachment is still slim to none.

Your best bet is to hope the left take back the House and (miraculously) the Senate in '18 to limit the GOP destructive agenda. Then, in 2020 gain control of all 3 and give the right the middle finger for at least 2 years.
0 x
http://www.sisterdistrict.com

Go from Red to Blue.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:43 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I'm confused; Obama looks serious and is wearing a dark suit.

You’re not confused, you’re just being Mojo
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:49 pm

Derwood wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:I'm confused; Obama looks serious and is wearing a dark suit.

You’re not confused, you’re just being Mojo

Derwood wrote:Now that Obama broke the mold of "over-serious president in dark suit" portraits

Please explain. Thanks.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:52 pm

Also:

0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
CubinNY wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Why?

Becuase it will be clear that he committed high crimes. People will be on the streets.

If Mueller has just circumstantial evidence that Trump or his people might have done something illegal he would have stopped already. He has to know that given the political climate he cannot do that. I'm convinced now more than ever that they already have all the information and it was gathered before and shortly after the election. Now that they have Papadopoulos, Gates, and most importantly Flynn as collaborating witnesses they are making the case airtight. It's the only way Mueller can move forward.
1 x

Cubfanintheknow
All-Star

Postby Cubfanintheknow » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:09 pm

CubinNY wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
CubinNY wrote:No horsefeathers, Mueller will present his evidence and it will be clear that Trump and company committed crimes before, during, and after the election and that he will have to resign.

Why?

Becuase it will be clear that he committed high crimes. People will be on the streets.

If Mueller has just circumstantial evidence that Trump or his people might have done something illegal he would have stopped already. He has to know that given the political climate he cannot do that. I'm convinced now more than ever that they already have all the information and it was gathered before and shortly after the election. Now that they have Papadopoulos, Gates, and most importantly Flynn as collaborating witnesses they are making the case airtight. It's the only way Mueller can move forward.

Yup. Go big or go home.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 pm

CubinNY wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
CubinNY wrote:No horsefeathers, Mueller will present his evidence and it will be clear that Trump and company committed crimes before, during, and after the election and that he will have to resign.

Why?

If the Republicans refuse to move forward in the wake of such an investigation, that kind of puts the kibosh on the whole thing. And I think you're hugely overstating the idea that people will essentially be in open rebellion over it. There's a massive segment of the population that has no desire to see a sitting Republican president unseated, and really, he's just getting more and more normalized every day. So what if Mueller releases a report that simply confirms what everyone either assumes is true about him or doesn't care that it's true or will simply refuse to believe that it's true? I genuinely think it wouldn't move the needle that much, and the only way it would proceed forward is if the Democrats take back Congress.
2 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:13 pm

Cubfanintheknow wrote:
CubinNY wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
Why?

Yup. Go big or go home.

I applaud both of your optimism, but whatever eventually comes from Mueller, if anything at all, will be, according to Trump, the GOP, and Fox News, the work of a liberal team of Hillary fans out to get the capital P President, and therefore, can't be trusted.
2 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 pm

squally1313 wrote:
Cubfanintheknow wrote:
CubinNY wrote:Becuase it will be clear that he committed high crimes. People will be on the streets.

Yup. Go big or go home.

I applaud both of your optimism, but whatever eventually comes from Mueller, if anything at all, will be, according to Trump, the GOP, and Fox News, the work of a liberal team of Hillary fans out to get the capital P President, and therefore, can't be trusted.

Exactly. If they refuse to do anything about it, that's kinda it. I could see the GOP easily doing something as wishy-washy as getting Trump to simply not run for re-election at BEST. Hell, even then, if he decided to run again, I seriously doubt they'd back off and would still support him.
0 x

CubInOK
5-Time All-Star

Postby CubInOK » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:19 pm

IMB, I can't mention this publicly because my current job won't allow it, but thanks for killing Preston Doerflinger's career.
3 x

bukie
Superstar

Postby bukie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:25 pm

The only way Rs will turn on Trump is if it'll hurt them politically otherwise, and from all the news they've been watching, everyone that matters loves the Don.
0 x
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:25 pm

Really, the only things that are getting him out of office at this point are:

1. Death
2. Some extremely convincing metoo scandal with completely irrefutable evidence. Which, if it hasn't come out yet, it probably isn't, but who knows, maybe he pops one too many Xanax and gets caught on camera groping some intern.

That's part of the reason why, to beat my earlier dead horse, I'd love to see more of a focus on all the easily disproved lies coming out of the White House on a daily basis. The Rob Porter thing is gross and depressing, but it's not going to have any impact on Trump because something worse is just going to come along in the next week or so. But if the WH is going to call every unflattering story/accusation/etc against them Fake News, make it a point to highlight all the lies going the other way.
0 x

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:37 pm

CubinNY wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Why?

I love your optimism but this is a pipe dream. And even if he died, or was somehow forced out we are still stuck with Mike horsefeathering Pence or Ryan.
I think Mueller has the goods on him and its probably worse then anyone of us can imagine but nothing will change Trump being the president.

There is a reason Trump said something to the effect " I could murder someone on 5th avenue and get away with it"
0 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:55 pm

bukie wrote:The only way Rs will turn on Trump is if it'll hurt them politically otherwise, and from all the news they've been watching, everyone that matters loves the Don.

Yeah, this is what I'm interested in long term. There's a good argument that, elections aside, President Pence is a lot better for pushing their agenda than President Trump is. Even if he is a religious weirdo, the Koch brothers still own him like they do everyone else in the GOP.

Obviously they realize they need the 'Trump vote' to maintain any realistic chance at winning elections down the road, but Trump is such a unique character that it'll be interesting to see how it plays out in a post-Trump world. Will the MAGA base come out to vote for a Paul Ryan or one of the other idiots who bombed out of the 2016 primary? Or will we just see a parade of Trump children getting nominated for the next 30 years?

It's funny, the friends I have who identify as Republican remain convinced that Trump isn't a Republican, isn't the leader of the Republican party, etc. But even if they're correct that there are somehow two separate parties that accidentally managed to team up and defeat crooked Hillary, how does that play out in 2020, and beyond that?
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:06 pm

I wouldn't even assume Mueller actually releases a report, at least one viewable by those outside Congress. There are going to be a horsefeathers -load of disappointed people.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:26 pm

I have more faith in our elected leaders, even Republicans. If they let truly criminal activity pass, then our democracy is lost. I mean it’s over.

They can’t let that happen. It will cause a global financial catastrophe.
0 x

Return to “Social”