Politics & Current Events

NonProfitCow
All-Star
Posts: 4336
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:15 am
x 74
x 257

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby NonProfitCow » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:36 pm

The_Achiever wrote:
Banedon wrote:
The_Achiever wrote:Maybe it's just me but Obama probably should have used a different artist than the Kill Whitey one.

Just maybe.


Our entire government is full of racist horsefeathers doing their best to oppress every non-white, non-male member of our society, but oh no a guy that painted Obama's portrait once painted a controversial picture.


I don't disagree, but still think he should have picked someone else.

Sure. Also, protesting is good and all and I understand why, but don't disrespect the troops, right?

horsefeathers a painting, he should have had a presidential hologram done to really rile people up.
2 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21957
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 139
x 361

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CubinNY » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:02 am

CubInOK wrote:IMB, I can't mention this publicly because my current job won't allow it, but thanks for killing Preston Doerflinger's career.

Incredible reporting, IMB.

“You know that old saying, ‘By the grace of God go I,’” Grimm asked. “What really is domestic violence?”

That’s a quote from the wife’s lawyer.

https://www.readfrontier.org/stories/pr ... et-member/
2 x

scarey
All-Star
Posts: 1598
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:34 pm
x 1
x 15

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby scarey » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:03 am

There are optics at work here though. Republicans recently have been able to shrug them off, but let's say Mueller does present a case and Trump/the Trump administration is eventually found guilty of whatever charges are brought against him. Does this sitting congress want to be known as the people who didn't even want to hold impeachment hearings?

And I just want to be clear here... I honestly have no idea how all this works from a judicial perspective. I know the president isn't immune to the laws of our land... but can you actually present a summons to criminal court to the POTUS?
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 66284
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 720
x 1481

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Derwood » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:07 am

scarey wrote:Does this sitting congress want to be known as the people who didn't even want to hold impeachment hearings?


They seem alarmingly unaware of their current place in history and how their legacy will be defined
0 x

User avatar
Duke Silver
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9977
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:45 am
x 10167
x 6833

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Duke Silver » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:21 am

CubinNY wrote:I have more faith in our elected leaders, even Republicans. If they let truly criminal activity pass, then our democracy is lost. I mean it’s over.

They can’t let that happen. It will cause a global financial catastrophe.


Welcome to 2018.
0 x

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 2455
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 635
x 544

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby squally1313 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:31 am

scarey wrote:There are optics at work here though. Republicans recently have been able to shrug them off, but let's say Mueller does present a case and Trump/the Trump administration is eventually found guilty of whatever charges are brought against him. Does this sitting congress want to be known as the people who didn't even want to hold impeachment hearings?

And I just want to be clear here... I honestly have no idea how all this works from a judicial perspective. I know the president isn't immune to the laws of our land... but can you actually present a summons to criminal court to the POTUS?


Think of how long this has already played out. It's weird saying this barely 25% of the way into his presidency, but the WH is pretty much in a full run out the clock strategy. How long have they been talking about even interviewing Bannon and Trump? And even if anything does come out, whatever 'appeals' process there is will drag on for years.

Snap a lie detector to any Congressmen's chest and they'll tell you they believe the Trump family colluded with the White House. The GOP just doesn't care.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 73332
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 7481
x 10019

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:49 am

CubinNY wrote:I have more faith in our elected leaders, even Republicans. If they let truly criminal activity pass, then our democracy is lost. I mean it’s over.


"If?" I've got some bad news for you, dude...
2 x

NonProfitCow
All-Star
Posts: 4336
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:15 am
x 74
x 257

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby NonProfitCow » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:11 am

CubinNY wrote:
CubInOK wrote:IMB, I can't mention this publicly because my current job won't allow it, but thanks for killing Preston Doerflinger's career.

Incredible reporting, IMB.

“You know that old saying, ‘By the grace of God go I,’” Grimm asked. “What really is domestic violence?”

That’s a quote from the wife’s lawyer.

https://www.readfrontier.org/stories/pr ... et-member/

Seriously, great job IMB.
1 x

User avatar
Regular Show
Starter
Posts: 974
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 10:16 am
Location: Chicago, IL
x 911
x 196

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Regular Show » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:17 am

Duke Silver wrote:
CubinNY wrote:I have more faith in our elected leaders, even Republicans. If they let truly criminal activity pass, then our democracy is lost. I mean it’s over.

They can’t let that happen. It will cause a global financial catastrophe.


Welcome to 2018.


"I have more faith in our elected leaders, even Republicans."

What gives you faith in Republicans? The Republican party supported a well known pedophile candidate in Alabama, a racist backwards thinking AG who can't remember horsefeathers during Congressional hearings, a President who is waging war on every Democratic institution in this country?

I hope the case Mueller presents is so damning that Republicans have no choice but to impeach the President, but I'm not counting on that happening. We'll see what happens, but right now I have zero faith and trust in anyone from the Republican party.
1 x

scarey
All-Star
Posts: 1598
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:34 pm
x 1
x 15

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby scarey » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:21 am

Trump trolls think meme's are pretty cool. I wonder how they feel about Germany's IRL meme.

NSFW

Spoiler: show
Image
0 x

User avatar
TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 53278
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:47 pm
Location: Perth, W.A.
x 1004
x 1501
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby TruffleShuffle » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:27 am


Image
Last edited by TruffleShuffle on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

User avatar
CubInOK
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6563
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 1:08 am
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
x 1229
x 347

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CubInOK » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:29 am

NonProfitCow wrote:
CubinNY wrote:
CubInOK wrote:IMB, I can't mention this publicly because my current job won't allow it, but thanks for killing Preston Doerflinger's career.

Incredible reporting, IMB.

“You know that old saying, ‘By the grace of God go I,’” Grimm asked. “What really is domestic violence?”

That’s a quote from the wife’s lawyer.

https://www.readfrontier.org/stories/pr ... et-member/

Seriously, great job IMB.

I know a few people at the OK Dept of Health that have tried to work with this piece of horsefeathers. I'm pretty happy this moron is out of the OK state government.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he joined Scott Pruitt in demolishing the EPA this week.
0 x

User avatar
TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 53278
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:47 pm
Location: Perth, W.A.
x 1004
x 1501
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby TruffleShuffle » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:45 am

CubInOK wrote:I know a few people at the OK Dept of Health that have tried to work with this piece of horsefeathers. I'm pretty happy this moron is out of the OK state government.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he joined Scott Pruitt in demolishing the EPA this week.


not sure the white house is really in a position to be hiring disgraced wife beaters right now.
0 x
Fred Hornkohl wrote:Go CUBS !!

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21957
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 139
x 361

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CubinNY » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:46 am

Regular Show wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:
CubinNY wrote:I have more faith in our elected leaders, even Republicans. If they let truly criminal activity pass, then our democracy is lost. I mean it’s over.

They can’t let that happen. It will cause a global financial catastrophe.


Welcome to 2018.


"I have more faith in our elected leaders, even Republicans."

What gives you faith in Republicans? The Republican party supported a well known pedophile candidate in Alabama, a racist backwards thinking AG who can't remember horsefeathers during Congressional hearings, a President who is waging war on every Democratic institution in this country?

I hope the case Mueller presents is so damning that Republicans have no choice but to impeach the President, but I'm not counting on that happening. We'll see what happens, but right now I have zero faith and trust in anyone from the Republican party.

The Republicans didn’t support Moore, Trump did. But I get your point.

I couldn’t believe it either when the Democrats stood by Clinton either.
0 x

User avatar
CubInOK
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6563
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 1:08 am
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
x 1229
x 347

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CubInOK » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:54 am

TruffleShuffle wrote:
CubInOK wrote:I know a few people at the OK Dept of Health that have tried to work with this piece of horsefeathers. I'm pretty happy this moron is out of the OK state government.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he joined Scott Pruitt in demolishing the EPA this week.


not sure the white house is really in a position to be hiring disgraced wife beaters right now.

Which is exactly why Trump and Pruitt will.
0 x

NonProfitCow
All-Star
Posts: 4336
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:15 am
x 74
x 257

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby NonProfitCow » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:00 am

CubinNY wrote:The Republicans didn’t support Moore, Trump did. But I get your point.

I couldn’t believe it either when the Democrats stood by Clinton either.

Image
3 x

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 2455
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 635
x 544

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby squally1313 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:17 am

CubinNY wrote:The Republicans didn’t support Moore, Trump did. But I get your point.

I couldn’t believe it either when the Democrats stood by Clinton either.


Can you elaborate on, ummm...all of this?
0 x

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 31348
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 1792
x 4235
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:44 am

CubInOK wrote:IMB, I can't mention this publicly because my current job won't allow it, but thanks for killing Preston Doerflinger's career.


That story took me more than 2 years to get and he resigned from all 3 jobs less than 24 hours after I published it. Crazy day.
15 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 57370
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1858
x 6133

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:13 am

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 53278
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:47 pm
Location: Perth, W.A.
x 1004
x 1501
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby TruffleShuffle » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:00 am

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
CubInOK wrote:IMB, I can't mention this publicly because my current job won't allow it, but thanks for killing Preston Doerflinger's career.


That story took me more than 2 years to get and he resigned from all 3 jobs less than 24 hours after I published it. Crazy day.


now you need to find the pee tape.
3 x
Fred Hornkohl wrote:Go CUBS !!

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5621
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 66
x 1157

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:33 am

This seems problematic...

0 x

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 32929
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
x 1183
x 1018

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:48 am

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
CubInOK wrote:IMB, I can't mention this publicly because my current job won't allow it, but thanks for killing Preston Doerflinger's career.


That story took me more than 2 years to get and he resigned from all 3 jobs less than 24 hours after I published it. Crazy day.


At least he didn't tweet it out.
0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5621
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 66
x 1157

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:04 am

Behold, all you horsefeathering #MAGA goons

4 x

NewUserName
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6656
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 2:19 am
x 2
x 50

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby NewUserName » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:11 am

CyHawk_Cub wrote:Behold, all you horsefeathering #MAGA goons


Lady at work was complaining to me that there were more Asians than Americans on the Olympic team.

I mentioned that they were all Americans

She said that you know what I mean

I know exactly what she meant
12 x
“There are 2,000 verses of Scripture that call upon us to respond to the needs of the poor. And yet, I find that when Christians talked about values in this last election that was not on the agenda, that was not a concern. ”-Tony Campolo

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5621
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 66
x 1157

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:03 pm

Meanwhile,

0 x


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests