Politics & Current Events

NonProfitCow
All-Star

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby NonProfitCow » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:27 am

Donny doesn't like getting his fee-fee's hurt.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:36 am

So begins the official banning of the press.

If the rest of the WH Press Corps had any balls, they would boycott the press briefings en masse
0 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:36 am

He is pointing at the President and brings his arm down a little bit a couple of times to emphasize. At one point, the intern tries to to reach under his arm to grab the microphone at the same time he makes one of those gestures and there is light contact.

This is being described as a "karate chop" by the bot networks.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:39 am

Bring me all of the tears of the out-going GOPers
1 x

NonProfitCow
All-Star

Postby NonProfitCow » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:48 am

Derwood wrote:

Bring me all of the tears of the out-going GOPers

3 x

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:55 am

wow what do you know, a woefully underqualified scam artist reaches a high place in the trump administration.

0 x

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:25 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ8VV6TqeXI

i have no idea why a humorless clod like cruz thought it was a good idea to respond to an actual comedian, but thanks for providing the punch lines and the laughs, buddy.
0 x
Fred Hornkohl wrote:Go CUBS !!

philosophizer75
All-Star

Postby philosophizer75 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:46 am

Chocolate Milk wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:Regardless of the AG, wouldnt firing Mueller still be a disastrous move for Trump, similar to Nixon firing the special investigator during Watergate? (not to mention Nixon basically forcing the current AG to resign before the firing)

As with so may things at this level, so much of it comes down to the willingness of people in power to actually put feet to the fire. That was a disaster for Nixon because enough of the GOP at the time ultimately showed it had some kind of standards and ended up pushing him out.

Given how openly today's GOP detests Mueller and his investigation, I don't see many of the, if any, going to bat against any actions Trump of the DoJ take against the investigation. They'll likely just crow about how unpopular it is and "no collusion" and not give a horsefeathers what anyone else thinks or says.

100% agree with this take. Nothing will move the needle. They'll just shrug it off, call it a hoax, and move on. I don't know what it's going to take to convince people that Trump will never be held accountable for anything politically.

GOP party-wide stance on the firing of Mueller: "Well I just don't think the American taxpayers should have to pay for this investigation any longer. 2 years is enough. We want to move on from this disturbing assumption that Trump won solely due to outside help."

Everyone with a brain on twitter: "How much have we spent paying Trump's hotels for his weekly golf outing?"

GOP: :dontknow: :barf: "... HER EMAILS!"

Everyone: *waits for 2020...*
0 x
\:D/ wubalubaCUBCUB! \:D/

When Schwarber wins the WS with a big fat dong and uses his bat to club to death every player on the other team and half their fans, I expect every one of these talking heads to defend him. -yanrslatr

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:27 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Irrelevant Dude wrote:Checking on the Senate races yet to be called, it looks like they are all likely to go Republican.

As much as I hate to say it, Republicans came out on top yesterday. They won basically every close Senate race, which was pretty much their best case scenario.

The results also reinforced Trump's influence. Trump-backed candidates win and moderate Republicans lose. Don't expect to see Republicans breaking from Trump anytime soon. They are tied to him more than ever.

Winning the House is a positive step for Democrats, but the Senate results paint a scary picture for 2020. Trump will certainly lose the popular vote in 2020, and possibly by a much larger margin than 2016, but that may not be enough to defeat the electoral college.

While it's obvious that Democrats appear at an electoral disadvantage for at least as long as Trump is around, the 3 states they did best in last night are their "blue firewall". And they appear to keep making progress in AZ.

Obviously it would be great if Florida saw a better night (although it did flip some R house seats), there should be valuable lessons and a game plan learned.

It's like I should be working for 538.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/th ... bout-2020/
0 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:00 pm

Oh just the press secretary spreading legit propaganda. This is a video that appears to be edited by infowars.

0 x

JennieGarthAlgar
All-Star

Postby JennieGarthAlgar » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:52 pm

RBG hospitalized, but not for cancer or anything. Fell and broke ribs. Shes tough I think she will be ok but still... she better be ok...
0 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:53 pm

Yeah I wonder how many heart attacks were caused by push notifications that began "US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsubrg..."
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:56 pm

She needed to retire during the Obama admin.
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:21 pm

Oh, good lord.

There's talk that Trump will nominate Kobach as AG.
0 x
Spoiler: show

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:22 pm

Tim wrote:Oh, good lord.

There's talk that Trump will nominate Kobach as AG.

If he does I really hope he strings Christie along first, again.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:58 pm

President Donald Trump’s appointment of Matthew Whitaker as Acting Attorney General may be illegal, Andrew Napolitano, senior judicial analyst for Fox News, said on Wednesday.

“Under the law, the person running the Department of Justice must have been approved by the United States Senate for some previous position. Even on an interim post,” Napolitano told Fox News’ Dana Perino.

Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions was dismissed on Wednesday and Napolitano said his interim replacement should have been Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:00 pm

I think we need to remember that Bernie Sanders is, at best, a racist apologist.

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:21 pm

Sure, Bernie. I mean 10 years ago a Black guy with a Muslim name gathered 4.282m 1.844m votes in FL and GA, but couldn't vote for black candidates in 2018 because of "first time jitters" to exceed the 4.067m and 1.974m needed to win those races. Must have been all those not racist old people who've died since then and been replaced by racist gen Y's.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:22 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:I think we need to remember that Bernie Sanders is, at best, a racist apologist.

0 x

NOLA
All-Star

Postby NOLA » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:51 pm

I am far from a Bernie Bro, but how is anything he said being racist or an apologist for racists? He was just stating a fact, that there are parts of America that have still have a mental hang up about voting for a non white person, but that will hopefully change soon. What’s the issue with having an honest dialogue about racism that exists in even Dem voters?
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:55 pm

NOLA wrote:I am far from a Bernie Bro, but how is anything he said being racist or an apologist for racists? He was just stating a fact, that there are parts of America that have still have a mental hang up about voting for a non white person, but that will hopefully change soon. What’s the issue with having an honest dialogue about racism that exists in even Dem voters?

Because he's not just saying that: he very clearly goes on a classic old man ramble where he's talking about white voters ostensibly on the Left basically needing to warm up to the idea of voting for PoC...as if Obama and every other PoC who has held office on the state or national level didn't exist.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:58 pm

NOLA wrote:I am far from a Bernie Bro, but how is anything he said being racist or an apologist for racists? He was just stating a fact, that there are parts of America that have still have a mental hang up about voting for a non white person, but that will hopefully change soon. What’s the issue with having an honest dialogue about racism that exists in even Dem voters?

If you are uncomfortable voting for a black person you are racist, period.

If you say people who are uncomfortable voting for a black person are something other than racist, you are, at best, an apologist for racists, and taken with everything else regarding Bernie and how he perceives racial issues, there's a good case to make that the old man is himself racist.

Also wrigleyfield22 pointed out how wrong his point was in the first place, regardless of how apologetic he was for racist.
2 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:58 pm

And then the added bonus of saying people like Gillum and Abrams need to "be more" like O'Rourke, which is the nice double whammy of crappily throwing shade on their liberal bonafides, AND chastising them for not "passing" as well as Beto does (in Bernie's eyes).
3 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:00 pm

If you are having a hard time voting for a person of color, when you know that person is otherwise the right candidate, then you are a racist.

The fact that he calls racist behavior not racist is a problem.

Having an honest dialogue means that you can't handwave away racist behavior.
4 x

Cubfanintheknow
All-Star

Postby Cubfanintheknow » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:45 pm

"Get over your horsefeathering prejudices and vote for them. They've earned your support and deserve your vote. Get over yourselves and do the right thing!"

Not that hard.
0 x

Return to “Social”