Politics & Current Events

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 13687
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 2169
x 1307

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:53 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:I thought this was gonna pay for...wait...am I confusing it with the tax cuts that were gonna pay for themselves, but likewise won't as the government might run out of money in the next 45 days or so? Yeah, that must be it. I'm just confusing which voodoo math is being used when.

Image
0 x
Image

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 15630
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Southport Corridor
x 6688
x 2239

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby The Logan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:58 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ?tid=sm_fb

#NotTheOnion


“I’d say, ‘C’mon Donald, c’mon man. How many push-ups do you want to do here, pal?’” Biden said. “I mean, jokingly. . . . C’mon, run with me, man.”
1 x
Image

User avatar
Burtonbell
All-Star
Posts: 2296
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:14 pm
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
x 12
x 13
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Burtonbell » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:29 pm

The Logan wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/joe-biden-ill-challenge-trump-to-do-push-ups-on-stage-if-he-makes-fun-of-my-age-or-mental-state/2019/07/16/efe9d848-a7b3-11e9-a3a6-ab670962db05_story.html?tid=sm_fb

#NotTheOnion


“I’d say, ‘C’mon Donald, c’mon man. How many push-ups do you want to do here, pal?’” Biden said. “I mean, jokingly. . . . C’mon, run with me, man.”


If Biden gets the nomination the debate will be about the size of their hands with these two clowns, right?
0 x
:flythew:

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9112
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 383
x 3469

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:31 pm

Turtle just didn't want to deal with a domestic spat.
1 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 71830
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1393
x 2977

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Derwood » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:34 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:Turtle just didn't want to deal with a domestic spat.


He won't use the term "racist". He will repeat over and over again "I disagree with what they said" but he will never label it
0 x

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 4267
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 1386
x 1637

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby squally1313 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:43 pm

You guys. Everyone is overreacting. This is just a common phrase Trump uses all the time. White, black, doesn't matter.

0 x

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 37881
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1356
x 1703

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:46 pm



“Alcaida”
Last edited by OleMissCub on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9112
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 383
x 3469

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:47 pm

0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9112
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 383
x 3469

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:48 pm

0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9112
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 383
x 3469

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:08 pm

:lol: :lol:
@TheRiclWilson wrote:As she's walking into the diner, the Kia whips into the parking and out steps a dark-haired man wearing a vintage Affliction t-shirt, a quart of Drakkar Noir, and skinny jeans springs out.


thread:
Spoiler: show









0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9112
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 383
x 3469

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:58 pm

1 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9112
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 383
x 3469

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:45 pm

0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9112
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 383
x 3469

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:05 pm

"Feckless" or "impotent." Take your choice.
This maddening cycle continues.
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 71830
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1393
x 2977

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Derwood » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:29 pm

They will never horsefeathering learn. You'd think that Obama giving up a million concessions on the ACA only to have no Republicans vote for it would have taught them something. Guess not
0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9112
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 383
x 3469

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:07 pm

0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9112
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 383
x 3469

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:13 pm

GOPers being GOPers

0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 71830
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1393
x 2977

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Derwood » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:56 pm

While Biden's lead is fading (latest CNN poll has Biden 24%, with Warren and Sanders at 19% each), there is fear that Warren and Sanders could split votes enough to give Biden the nomination. If one or the other were to fade and drop out, and the majority of their voters floated to the other, it would be enough to keep Biden off the ticket
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 71830
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1393
x 2977

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby Derwood » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:43 am

0 x

NOLA
All-Star
Posts: 4657
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 1087
x 803
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby NOLA » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:46 am

Derwood wrote:While Biden's lead is fading (latest CNN poll has Biden 24%, with Warren and Sanders at 19% each), there is fear that Warren and Sanders could split votes enough to give Biden the nomination. If one or the other were to fade and drop out, and the majority of their voters floated to the other, it would be enough to keep Biden off the ticket

Bernie and his supporters splitting the vote enough to create a horsefeathers outcome in an election? Say it ain’t so.
1 x

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5596
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 5411
x 2337

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:53 am

NOLA wrote:
Derwood wrote:While Biden's lead is fading (latest CNN poll has Biden 24%, with Warren and Sanders at 19% each), there is fear that Warren and Sanders could split votes enough to give Biden the nomination. If one or the other were to fade and drop out, and the majority of their voters floated to the other, it would be enough to keep Biden off the ticket

Bernie and his supporters splitting the vote enough to create a horsefeathers outcome in an election? Say it ain’t so.

Are you doing an impersonation of your imagination's version of a Bernie supporter by refusing to let sleeping dogs lie? Seriously, its getting depressing at this point.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

NOLA
All-Star
Posts: 4657
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 1087
x 803
Contact:

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby NOLA » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:33 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
NOLA wrote:
Derwood wrote:While Biden's lead is fading (latest CNN poll has Biden 24%, with Warren and Sanders at 19% each), there is fear that Warren and Sanders could split votes enough to give Biden the nomination. If one or the other were to fade and drop out, and the majority of their voters floated to the other, it would be enough to keep Biden off the ticket

Bernie and his supporters splitting the vote enough to create a horsefeathers outcome in an election? Say it ain’t so.

Are you doing an impersonation of your imagination's version of a Bernie supporter by refusing to let sleeping dogs lie? Seriously, its getting depressing at this point.

No idea what you're trying to riddle here, but sorry if my posts depress you. This site is supposed to be fun, right?
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61554
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3212
x 11281

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:54 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9112
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 383
x 3469

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:21 pm

Celebrating traitors is as 'Murican you can get among the trash white nationalists I know. They are increasingly o.k. with the label "white nationalist." Their orange god-king makes all sorts of things palatable, no sense in hiding it anymore.
0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9112
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 383
x 3469

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:55 pm

I'd prefer to not even link to this, even though the site was started by #nevertrump'ers (or maybe because? heh). I just had to share this and show where upper-crust conservative thought is these days.
0 x

User avatar
CubInOK
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6834
Joined: Wed May 07, 2003 1:08 am
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
x 1486
x 485

Re: Politics & Current Events

Postby CubInOK » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:10 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:I'd prefer to not even link to this, even though the site was started by #nevertrump'ers (or maybe because? heh). I just had to share this and show where upper-crust conservative thought is these days.

He could barely save Wisconsin. Dude made tons of shady deals and once governed the state with the highest unemployment rate.
0 x


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Cubs 32 and 5 guests