TV thread

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star
Posts: 3543
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 3292
x 1415

Re: TV thread

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Bluescale wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:I have dumped cable. The reason I haven't gotten Hulu is that I'm worried I'll watch it a lot more than Netflix in the future.


Why is that something to worry about?

I would like to watch less TV, but I also enjoy TV. It is an internal struggle. Basically I can't regret missing something that I don't fully appreciate.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

User avatar
Bluescale
All-Star
Posts: 2963
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:44 pm
Location: Eugene, OR
x 270
x 127
Contact:

Re: TV thread

Postby Bluescale » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:28 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:I would like to watch less TV, but I also enjoy TV. It is an internal struggle. Basically I can't regret missing something that I don't fully appreciate.


Okay, that makes more sense.
0 x
A toast to Darrel Sink - a lifelong Cubs fan. You'll be missed.

User avatar
Butterscup
Hall of Fame
Posts: 31624
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:25 am
x 27
x 469

Re: TV thread

Postby Butterscup » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:53 pm

NonProfitCow wrote:I really love "Crashing."

But, I'm a Pete Holmes honk too.


Same and same. Pete Holmes' latest stand up special is a lot of fun. He's just a big dork and I really enjoy him.
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66631
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5353
x 5214

Re: TV thread

Postby Banedon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:26 am

Hulu's future is a pretty big question mark anyway. With all the different media outlets building their own streaming service, there's a good chance it falls apart in the next few years, imo.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 78216
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 10400
x 13366

Re: TV thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:50 am

Soooooooo might as well watch it now before it goes.
0 x

User avatar
Bluescale
All-Star
Posts: 2963
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:44 pm
Location: Eugene, OR
x 270
x 127
Contact:

Re: TV thread

Postby Bluescale » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:03 am

Banedon wrote:Hulu's future is a pretty big question mark anyway. With all the different media outlets building their own streaming service, there's a good chance it falls apart in the next few years, imo.


I have a feeling Disney will eventually buy the last 30% ownership stake in Hulu, and then just merge it with their online service.
0 x
A toast to Darrel Sink - a lifelong Cubs fan. You'll be missed.

Bertz
Starter
Posts: 844
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 pm
x 337
x 452

Re: TV thread

Postby Bertz » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:15 am

Bluescale wrote:
Banedon wrote:Hulu's future is a pretty big question mark anyway. With all the different media outlets building their own streaming service, there's a good chance it falls apart in the next few years, imo.


I have a feeling Disney will eventually buy the last 30% ownership stake in Hulu, and then just merge it with their online service.


Yeah I think Disney is going to buy it out too. I think they'll keep it separate though as a place to store all the more adult stuff in their catalog. For example, I'm watching You're the Worst on Hulu right now, I can't imagine that ever setting foot on Disney+.
0 x

User avatar
Bluescale
All-Star
Posts: 2963
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:44 pm
Location: Eugene, OR
x 270
x 127
Contact:

Re: TV thread

Postby Bluescale » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:50 pm

Bertz wrote:
Bluescale wrote:
Banedon wrote:Hulu's future is a pretty big question mark anyway. With all the different media outlets building their own streaming service, there's a good chance it falls apart in the next few years, imo.


I have a feeling Disney will eventually buy the last 30% ownership stake in Hulu, and then just merge it with their online service.


Yeah I think Disney is going to buy it out too. I think they'll keep it separate though as a place to store all the more adult stuff in their catalog. For example, I'm watching You're the Worst on Hulu right now, I can't imagine that ever setting foot on Disney+.


Certinaly possible, especially when you start to consider all the more mature stuff released by Disney owned subsidiaries like Touchstone, and now Fox.
0 x
A toast to Darrel Sink - a lifelong Cubs fan. You'll be missed.

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 45102
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:02 pm
Location: Naperville, IL
x 77
x 2382
Contact:

Re: TV thread

Postby Tim » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:36 am

So I've watched all of GOT, but I'm rewatching with my wife who is seeing it for the first time.
Spoiler: show
She just freaked when Ned's head came off
0 x
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 12200
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1669
x 704

Re: TV thread

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:40 am

Tim wrote:So I've watched all of GOT, but I'm rewatching with my wife who is seeing it for the first time.
Spoiler: show
She just freaked when Ned's head came off

What's that statute of limitations for still spoiler tagging things?
0 x
Image

User avatar
Bluescale
All-Star
Posts: 2963
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:44 pm
Location: Eugene, OR
x 270
x 127
Contact:

Re: TV thread

Postby Bluescale » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:57 am

Tim wrote:So I've watched all of GOT, but I'm rewatching with my wife who is seeing it for the first time.
Spoiler: show
She just freaked when Ned's head came off


And just when she's getting settled...
► Show Spoiler
0 x
A toast to Darrel Sink - a lifelong Cubs fan. You'll be missed.

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 34163
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 840
x 5686

Re: TV thread

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:00 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Tim wrote:So I've watched all of GOT, but I'm rewatching with my wife who is seeing it for the first time.
Spoiler: show
She just freaked when Ned's head came off

What's that statute of limitations for still spoiler tagging things?

I wish the show would have spoilered the entire faceless men storyline.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66631
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5353
x 5214

Re: TV thread

Postby Banedon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:05 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Tim wrote:So I've watched all of GOT, but I'm rewatching with my wife who is seeing it for the first time.
Spoiler: show
She just freaked when Ned's head came off

What's that statute of limitations for still spoiler tagging things?

I wish the show would have spoilered the entire faceless men storyline.


That's the one storyline that really was done better in the books, imo.
0 x
Image

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 15046
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Lakeview
x 5034
x 1689

Re: TV thread

Postby The Logan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:32 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Tim wrote:So I've watched all of GOT, but I'm rewatching with my wife who is seeing it for the first time.
Spoiler: show
She just freaked when Ned's head came off

What's that statute of limitations for still spoiler tagging things?

I wish the show would have spoilered the entire faceless men Dorne storyline.
3 x
Image

User avatar
Bluescale
All-Star
Posts: 2963
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:44 pm
Location: Eugene, OR
x 270
x 127
Contact:

Re: TV thread

Postby Bluescale » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:23 pm

The Logan wrote:
Ding Dong Johnson wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:What's that statute of limitations for still spoiler tagging things?

I wish the show would have spoilered the entire faceless men Dorne storyline.


OMG, yes. Dorne is an abomination in the show. The Sand Snakes come across as vapid.
0 x
A toast to Darrel Sink - a lifelong Cubs fan. You'll be missed.

User avatar
philosophizer75
All-Star
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 4:45 am
Location: Maryland
x 267
x 251

Re: TV thread

Postby philosophizer75 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:51 am

Yeah but the one sand snake is really cute so there's that
0 x
\:D/ wubalubaCUBCUB! \:D/

When Schwarber wins the WS with a big fat dong and uses his bat to club to death every player on the other team and half their fans, I expect every one of these talking heads to defend him. -yanrslatr


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ding Dong Johnson, Forgotmyoldlogin, woodchip2153 and 11 guests