TV thread

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Re: TV thread

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:22 pm

Jean-Claude Van Johnson is one of the most insanely goofy and hilarious things I have ever watched. it is so far beyond dumb that it is utterly fantastic
0 x

Thurman Merman
Starter

Postby Thurman Merman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:27 am

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:Jean-Claude Van Johnson is one of the most insanely goofy and hilarious things I have ever watched. it is so far beyond dumb that it is utterly fantastic

What is THIS?! I must watch this.
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:29 am

Thurman Merman wrote:
Ding Dong Johnson wrote:Jean-Claude Van Johnson is one of the most insanely goofy and hilarious things I have ever watched. it is so far beyond dumb that it is utterly fantastic

What is THIS?! I must watch this.

it’s an amazon series that was unfortunately canceled after 1 season (6 episodes). it’s horsefeathering glorious
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:30 pm

Well, horsefeathers, my brain is never going to fully 100% believe this thing is happening, even when I'm actually watching it, but the Deadwood movie is full steam ahead with an E.B. Farnum sighting:

0 x

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:55 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Well, horsefeathers, my brain is never going to fully 100% believe this thing is happening, even when I'm actually watching it, but the Deadwood movie is full steam ahead with an E.B. Farnum sighting:

It's not gonna be the same without Cy Tolliver.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:01 pm

Less Powers Boothe is always a bad thing, though in this case I kinda don't mind it too much. Cy really had been reduced to just being a crazy, paranoid weirdo by the end, and once Hearst took off he really wasn't left with much. I don't think that character would have survived much longer than where we left him.
0 x

NonProfitCow
All-Star

Postby NonProfitCow » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:11 pm

I think some of the sets burned down in the fires.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:52 am

Michael Schur shared television universe confirmed?
1 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:06 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:

This was also hinted at with the Swanson name on the safe Jason was stuck in or am I mixing things up?
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:33 am

- Always Sunny is relentlessly good and this might be my favorite season having caught up. Mac coming out has been hysterical, Dennis getting a Range Rover back, there’s the hilarious premise of the clip show, the sexual harrassment episode, the bathroom episode...

- I binged season 1 of Kidding on Sunday. I don’t really have a beat on this so how out of line is it to consider Jim Carrey an all time on screen talent? Everyone’s good, especially Tara Lapinski randomly, but man Jim Carrey is never not the stud in whatever he’s in (good or bad, looking at you The Number 23 when I say bad).
0 x
Spoiler: show

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:19 pm

2 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:08 pm

don't tease me...
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:12 pm

I was at a wedding in Napa because a good friend of mine was marrying well. It was so fancy that I felt awkward. I was sitting next to a dood from Finland that I didn't know and we realized American TV was our best bet for conversation. I asked, "This is obscure...but have you ever seen 'Party Down'? "HOW DID YOU READ MY MIND!!!!!"
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:13 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:I was at a wedding in Napa because a good friend of mine was marrying well. It was so fancy that I felt awkward. I was sitting next to a dood from Finland that I didn't know and we realized American TV was our best bet for conversation. I asked, "This is obscure...but have you ever seen 'Party Down'? "HOW DID YOU READ MY MIND!!!!!"

where was the wedding?
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:20 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:I was at a wedding in Napa because a good friend of mine was marrying well. It was so fancy that I felt awkward. I was sitting next to a dood from Finland that I didn't know and we realized American TV was our best bet for conversation. I asked, "This is obscure...but have you ever seen 'Party Down'? "HOW DID YOU READ MY MIND!!!!!"

where was the wedding?

It was actually St. Hellena. Off Dowdell Lane. Why do you ask?
0 x
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:23 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

where was the wedding?

big fan of the area, we go every couple years. We've stayed at a couple places and gone to wineries in st helena
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:28 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:where was the wedding?

big fan of the area, we go every couple years. We've stayed at a couple places and gone to wineries in st helena

The wedding was at the family "house" which was essentially a mansion inside a vineyard. I was actually staying in Santa Rosa because the place I was supposed to stay at screwed up my reservations and gave my room away (and also tried to charge me for my stay, which is another story.) Anywho, I'm pretty sure that the next day the motel I was at burned down, based off the fire maps I saw.
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:34 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:It was actually St. Hellena. Off Dowdell Lane. Why do you ask?

The wedding was at the family "house" which was essentially a mansion inside a vineyard. I was actually staying in Santa Rosa because the place I was supposed to stay at screwed up my reservations and gave my room away (and also tried to charge me for my stay, which is another story.) Anywho, I'm pretty sure that the next day the motel I was at burned down, based off the fire maps I saw.

Was that Crocker & Star?

We went there shortly after the fires, last year(?) We were kind of concerned about getting in the way but people kept thanking us for going. It was harvest time, so the air always smells like grape juice, but it was mixed with smoke. You could go all over without seeing damage, then all of a sudden an entire farm/house/garage burnt to the ground.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:40 pm

That's the place. Just a touch farther down the road. We were prob less than a month apart.
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:05 pm

cl smooth wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

This was also hinted at with the Swanson name on the safe Jason was stuck in or am I mixing things up?

https://www.vulture.com/article/the-goo ... -eggs.html
2 x

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:52 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:Well, horsefeathers, my brain is never going to fully 100% believe this thing is happening, even when I'm actually watching it, but the Deadwood movie is full steam ahead with an E.B. Farnum sighting:

And now Ricky Jay has passed away as well. Granted, he had left the show. But I always hoped to see him return.
0 x

rocket
Superstar

Postby rocket » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:49 am

I just watched the first episode of the second season of Making a Murderer. Things were going fine until we met Avery's new lawyer. Maybe she is 100% legit, but when she and her goober friends were trying to recreate the blood splatter patterns, I felt like I was watching Loose Change or something. It came off as ridiculous and grasping at straws. And they spent like 40 minutes on this. And I'm not sure I can sit through 9 more episodes of THAT.

So, does this get better? Or should I just stop. I enjoyed the first season a lot, even though I did leave it thinking Avery did it and Dassey at least knew it happened.
0 x

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:48 pm

Not sure if I missed a block of posts about it but I enjoyed Norsemen a lot more than I probably should have.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:07 pm

homecoming was great. shea whigham might be the best scene stealer in all of hollywood; the guy is awesome in everything that he's in.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:24 pm

rocket wrote:I just watched the first episode of the second season of Making a Murderer. Things were going fine until we met Avery's new lawyer. Maybe she is 100% legit, but when she and her goober friends were trying to recreate the blood splatter patterns, I felt like I was watching Loose Change or something. It came off as ridiculous and grasping at straws. And they spent like 40 minutes on this. And I'm not sure I can sit through 9 more episodes of THAT.

So, does this get better? Or should I just stop. I enjoyed the first season a lot, even though I did leave it thinking Avery did it and Dassey at least knew it happened.

I only watched the first 3 episodes of season 2; kinda left the next couple on in the background while I did other things, and haven't been back to finish the rest. It really felt like a whole lot of nothing desperately stretched out (which feels weird to say about a murder case).
0 x

Return to “Social”