TV thread

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 68489
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1065
x 2077

Re: TV thread

Postby Derwood » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:27 pm

I will be the last person on earth who still has cable
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66649
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5373
x 5224

Re: TV thread

Postby Banedon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:41 pm

This is bullshirt.

The Good Place takes yet another hiatus for the holidays—then it will move to Thursdays at 9:30 p.m. on NBC and finish out its third season with episodes on January 10, 17, and 24.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 78268
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 10452
x 13412

Re: TV thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:43 pm

I don't get it; aren't most network shows in repeats over the holidays?
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66649
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5373
x 5224

Re: TV thread

Postby Banedon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:45 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I don't get it; aren't most network shows in repeats over the holidays?


Yeah, but last night was the first episode in like 3 weeks. So going on hiatus again is especially crummy.
0 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 59333
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2544
x 8607

Re: TV thread

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:58 pm

Banedon wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:I don't get it; aren't most network shows in repeats over the holidays?


Yeah, but last night was the first episode in like 3 weeks. So going on hiatus again is especially crummy.

It's a 12-episode season though. Kind of expected.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 78268
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 10452
x 13412

Re: TV thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:00 pm

Oh, horsefeathers; I thought they were done for the year already. No idea there's an episode waiting for me when I get home.
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22818
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 807
x 1518

Re: TV thread

Postby 17 Seconds » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:12 am

that was the best episode yet of the good place (a show i now realize actually is good)
1 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66649
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5373
x 5224

Re: TV thread

Postby Banedon » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:41 am

Hahahaha



1 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 59333
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2544
x 8607

Re: TV thread

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:42 pm


0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66649
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5373
x 5224

Re: TV thread

Postby Banedon » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:38 pm

The DC streaming service is doing a Stargirl show, and they just cast Joel McHale as Starman.

Also, fwiw, Titans is quite good.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 78268
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 10452
x 13412

Re: TV thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:39 pm

horsefeathers DAMN horsefeathers:

0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22818
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 807
x 1518

Re: TV thread

Postby 17 Seconds » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:08 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:horsefeathers DAMN horsefeathers:



going to drink a hot beer in their honor
1 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 78268
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 10452
x 13412

Re: TV thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:16 pm

Comedy Central is Mort Crim's Chump of the FOREVER.
1 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 68489
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1065
x 2077

Re: TV thread

Postby Derwood » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:53 pm

Good news for those of you who have cut the cord and no longer have WGN:

THE ENTIRE RUN OF CORNER GAS IS COMING TO AMAZON!!!!
2 x

User avatar
Proven Veteran
All-Star
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:47 pm
Location: Oakland, CA
x 922
x 191

Re: TV thread

Postby Proven Veteran » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:horsefeathers DAMN horsefeathers:


This sucks, I loved that show.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 78268
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 10452
x 13412

Re: TV thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:24 pm

I figured it would only last 3 seasons, tops, as most CC shows seem to do that aren't South Park, horsefeathers' Tosh, or TDS, so to even just be denied that last season is extra annoying.
0 x

User avatar
javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie
Posts: 9125
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:46 pm
Location: Chicago
x 1436
x 599

Re: TV thread

Postby javy knows my name » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:47 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I figured it would only last 3 seasons, tops, as most CC shows seem to do that aren't South Park, horsefeathers' Tosh, or TDS, so to even just be denied that last season is extra annoying.


Broad City!
2 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 78268
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 10452
x 13412

Re: TV thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:56 pm

Man, and they're wrapping up next year, too. All the good stuff is gone or leaving CC.
0 x

User avatar
javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie
Posts: 9125
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:46 pm
Location: Chicago
x 1436
x 599

Re: TV thread

Postby javy knows my name » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:24 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Man, and they're wrapping up next year, too. All the good stuff is gone or leaving CC.


5 seasons is pretty good, though. I mean, I imagine you're upset about losing stuff like Review and Nathan for You, but do you really think Review had anywhere to go?

Also, Drunk History
0 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 59333
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2544
x 8607

Re: TV thread

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:28 pm

javy knows my name wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Man, and they're wrapping up next year, too. All the good stuff is gone or leaving CC.


5 seasons is pretty good, though. I mean, I imagine you're upset about losing stuff like Review and Nathan for You, but do you really think Review had anywhere to go?

Also, Drunk History

Review absolutely could have gone longer. They would have easily created another full season or two.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 78268
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 10452
x 13412

Re: TV thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:20 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
javy knows my name wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Man, and they're wrapping up next year, too. All the good stuff is gone or leaving CC.


5 seasons is pretty good, though. I mean, I imagine you're upset about losing stuff like Review and Nathan for You, but do you really think Review had anywhere to go?

Also, Drunk History

Review absolutely could have gone longer. They would have easily created another full season or two.


Yeah, plus saying that Review got a third "season" is pretty damn generous.
0 x

User avatar
javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie
Posts: 9125
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:46 pm
Location: Chicago
x 1436
x 599

Re: TV thread

Postby javy knows my name » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:11 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
javy knows my name wrote:
5 seasons is pretty good, though. I mean, I imagine you're upset about losing stuff like Review and Nathan for You, but do you really think Review had anywhere to go?

Also, Drunk History

Review absolutely could have gone longer. They would have easily created another full season or two.


Yeah, plus saying that Review got a third "season" is pretty damn generous.


Oh yeah, I forgot it was short
0 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 27438
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 38
x 3897
Contact:

Re: TV thread

Postby Brian » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:09 pm

Image
1 x

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 45123
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:02 pm
Location: Naperville, IL
x 77
x 2395
Contact:

Re: TV thread

Postby Tim » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:33 am

why did nobody tell me the good place is so great?
0 x
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 68489
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1065
x 2077

Re: TV thread

Postby Derwood » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:39 am

Tim wrote:why did nobody tell me the good place is so great?


Do you have Banedon blocked?
0 x


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 11 guests