TV thread

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star
Posts: 4049
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 3938
x 1675

Re: TV thread

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Bluescale wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:I have dumped cable. The reason I haven't gotten Hulu is that I'm worried I'll watch it a lot more than Netflix in the future.


Why is that something to worry about?

I would like to watch less TV, but I also enjoy TV. It is an internal struggle. Basically I can't regret missing something that I don't fully appreciate.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

User avatar
Bluescale
All-Star
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:44 pm
Location: Eugene, OR
x 387
x 180
Contact:

Re: TV thread

Postby Bluescale » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:28 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:I would like to watch less TV, but I also enjoy TV. It is an internal struggle. Basically I can't regret missing something that I don't fully appreciate.


Okay, that makes more sense.
0 x
A toast to Darrel Sink - a lifelong Cubs fan. You'll be missed.

User avatar
Butterscup
Hall of Fame
Posts: 31669
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:25 am
x 51
x 510

Re: TV thread

Postby Butterscup » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:53 pm

NonProfitCow wrote:I really love "Crashing."

But, I'm a Pete Holmes honk too.


Same and same. Pete Holmes' latest stand up special is a lot of fun. He's just a big dork and I really enjoy him.
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 67182
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5823
x 5661

Re: TV thread

Postby Banedon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:26 am

Hulu's future is a pretty big question mark anyway. With all the different media outlets building their own streaming service, there's a good chance it falls apart in the next few years, imo.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 80808
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 12187
x 14759

Re: TV thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:50 am

Soooooooo might as well watch it now before it goes.
0 x

User avatar
Bluescale
All-Star
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:44 pm
Location: Eugene, OR
x 387
x 180
Contact:

Re: TV thread

Postby Bluescale » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:03 am

Banedon wrote:Hulu's future is a pretty big question mark anyway. With all the different media outlets building their own streaming service, there's a good chance it falls apart in the next few years, imo.


I have a feeling Disney will eventually buy the last 30% ownership stake in Hulu, and then just merge it with their online service.
0 x
A toast to Darrel Sink - a lifelong Cubs fan. You'll be missed.

Bertz
All-Star
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 pm
x 452
x 634

Re: TV thread

Postby Bertz » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:15 am

Bluescale wrote:
Banedon wrote:Hulu's future is a pretty big question mark anyway. With all the different media outlets building their own streaming service, there's a good chance it falls apart in the next few years, imo.


I have a feeling Disney will eventually buy the last 30% ownership stake in Hulu, and then just merge it with their online service.


Yeah I think Disney is going to buy it out too. I think they'll keep it separate though as a place to store all the more adult stuff in their catalog. For example, I'm watching You're the Worst on Hulu right now, I can't imagine that ever setting foot on Disney+.
0 x

User avatar
Bluescale
All-Star
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:44 pm
Location: Eugene, OR
x 387
x 180
Contact:

Re: TV thread

Postby Bluescale » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:50 pm

Bertz wrote:
Bluescale wrote:
Banedon wrote:Hulu's future is a pretty big question mark anyway. With all the different media outlets building their own streaming service, there's a good chance it falls apart in the next few years, imo.


I have a feeling Disney will eventually buy the last 30% ownership stake in Hulu, and then just merge it with their online service.


Yeah I think Disney is going to buy it out too. I think they'll keep it separate though as a place to store all the more adult stuff in their catalog. For example, I'm watching You're the Worst on Hulu right now, I can't imagine that ever setting foot on Disney+.


Certinaly possible, especially when you start to consider all the more mature stuff released by Disney owned subsidiaries like Touchstone, and now Fox.
0 x
A toast to Darrel Sink - a lifelong Cubs fan. You'll be missed.

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 45333
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:02 pm
Location: Naperville, IL
x 80
x 2530
Contact:

Re: TV thread

Postby Tim » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:36 am

So I've watched all of GOT, but I'm rewatching with my wife who is seeing it for the first time.
Spoiler: show
She just freaked when Ned's head came off
0 x
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 12638
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1823
x 893

Re: TV thread

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:40 am

Tim wrote:So I've watched all of GOT, but I'm rewatching with my wife who is seeing it for the first time.
Spoiler: show
She just freaked when Ned's head came off

What's that statute of limitations for still spoiler tagging things?
0 x
Image

User avatar
Bluescale
All-Star
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:44 pm
Location: Eugene, OR
x 387
x 180
Contact:

Re: TV thread

Postby Bluescale » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:57 am

Tim wrote:So I've watched all of GOT, but I'm rewatching with my wife who is seeing it for the first time.
Spoiler: show
She just freaked when Ned's head came off


And just when she's getting settled...
► Show Spoiler
0 x
A toast to Darrel Sink - a lifelong Cubs fan. You'll be missed.

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 34603
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 915
x 6126

Re: TV thread

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:00 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Tim wrote:So I've watched all of GOT, but I'm rewatching with my wife who is seeing it for the first time.
Spoiler: show
She just freaked when Ned's head came off

What's that statute of limitations for still spoiler tagging things?

I wish the show would have spoilered the entire faceless men storyline.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 67182
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5823
x 5661

Re: TV thread

Postby Banedon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:05 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Tim wrote:So I've watched all of GOT, but I'm rewatching with my wife who is seeing it for the first time.
Spoiler: show
She just freaked when Ned's head came off

What's that statute of limitations for still spoiler tagging things?

I wish the show would have spoilered the entire faceless men storyline.


That's the one storyline that really was done better in the books, imo.
0 x

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 15225
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Lakeview
x 5627
x 1875

Re: TV thread

Postby The Logan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:32 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Tim wrote:So I've watched all of GOT, but I'm rewatching with my wife who is seeing it for the first time.
Spoiler: show
She just freaked when Ned's head came off

What's that statute of limitations for still spoiler tagging things?

I wish the show would have spoilered the entire faceless men Dorne storyline.
3 x
Image

User avatar
Bluescale
All-Star
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:44 pm
Location: Eugene, OR
x 387
x 180
Contact:

Re: TV thread

Postby Bluescale » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:23 pm

The Logan wrote:
Ding Dong Johnson wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:What's that statute of limitations for still spoiler tagging things?

I wish the show would have spoilered the entire faceless men Dorne storyline.


OMG, yes. Dorne is an abomination in the show. The Sand Snakes come across as vapid.
0 x
A toast to Darrel Sink - a lifelong Cubs fan. You'll be missed.

User avatar
philosophizer75
All-Star
Posts: 1106
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 4:45 am
Location: Maine
x 287
x 256

Re: TV thread

Postby philosophizer75 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:51 am

Yeah but the one sand snake is really cute so there's that
0 x
\:D/ wubalubaCUBCUB! \:D/

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6652
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 539
x 577

Re: TV thread

Postby TomtheBombadil » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:16 am

True Detective is scary good, emphasis on scary
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7941
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 206
x 2688

Re: TV thread

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:08 pm

0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 67182
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5823
x 5661

Re: TV thread

Postby Banedon » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:11 pm

Jessica Jones and Punisher both cancelled, and the Netflix/Marvel era officially comes to a close.
0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7941
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 206
x 2688

Re: TV thread

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:15 pm

I tried watching 2nd season of the Punisher, but just couldn't make it past episode 2. I thought it was all bad.
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 67182
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5823
x 5661

Re: TV thread

Postby Banedon » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:40 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:I tried watching 2nd season of the Punisher, but just couldn't make it past episode 2. I thought it was all bad.


I haven't watched season 2, but I've heard very positive things about it from most.
0 x

User avatar
Bluescale
All-Star
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:44 pm
Location: Eugene, OR
x 387
x 180
Contact:

Re: TV thread

Postby Bluescale » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:07 pm

Banedon wrote:
CyHawk_Cub wrote:I tried watching 2nd season of the Punisher, but just couldn't make it past episode 2. I thought it was all bad.


I haven't watched season 2, but I've heard very positive things about it from most.


My wife and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
0 x
A toast to Darrel Sink - a lifelong Cubs fan. You'll be missed.

User avatar
rocket
Superstar
Posts: 18436
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:48 am
Location: Dayton, Ohio
x 466
x 358
Contact:

Re: TV thread

Postby rocket » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:37 pm

my wife and I decided to watch the recut season 4 of arrested development before watching season 5, and the recut episodes were not very good so we got sidetracked with other shows, and now they're coming out with another season of arrested development. Now I feel like I have a mountain of homework that I don't want to do
0 x

User avatar
Bluescale
All-Star
Posts: 3081
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:44 pm
Location: Eugene, OR
x 387
x 180
Contact:

Re: TV thread

Postby Bluescale » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:04 pm

I don't bringing up Letterkenny in this thread, so let me drop this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rSBmOgpcDE

Your reaction to the open might rightfully be WTF, but take my word for it, the show is whip sharp. The hicks are very progressive (one of them regularly refers to his Women's Study instructor) and surprisingly smart. The show is full of puns, alliterations, and absurd slow-motion fistfights. There are 6 short seasons available on Hulu.

My wife and I (and much of the Internet, apparently) are obsessed with the slang of Letterkenny. I never thought I'd say pitter-patter as often as I do now, or add the letter "s" to the end of so many words.
1 x
A toast to Darrel Sink - a lifelong Cubs fan. You'll be missed.

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 34603
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 915
x 6126

Re: TV thread

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:21 pm

Letterkenny is delightfully stupid. Or is it stupidly delightful? I wasn't prepared to become fans of Reilly and Jonesy.
1 x
Image


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: slacker and 7 guests