Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

User avatar
SouthSideRyan
is ELL
Posts: 48892
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:08 am
Location: Chicago Loop
x 322
x 902

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby SouthSideRyan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:36 pm

Banedon wrote:Tom Sizemore and an 11yo girl in 2003....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/t ... rl-1057629

EDIT: Holy crap, that dude just says yes to absolutely EVERYTHING: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001744/?ref_=nv_sr_2


Ok, this is the new least surprising one.
2 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70505
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5882
x 7873

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:41 pm

I guess at least he's been banished to making almost nothing but garbage, but it's still insane that he shows up in legit movies or TV shows from time to time. I was really bummed out that David Lynch gave him a recurring role in the new Twin Peaks. Maybe this revelation finally torpedoes him for good, like it basically did for Jeffery Jones (though even he insanely showed up on Deadwood as a recurring character AFTER he got busted).
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56327
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1553
x 5050

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I guess at least he's been banished to making almost nothing but garbage, but it's still insane that he shows up in legit movies or TV shows from time to time. I was really bummed out that David Lynch gave him a recurring role in the new Twin Peaks. Maybe this revelation finally torpedoes him for good, like it basically did for Jeffery Jones (though even he insanely showed up on Deadwood as a recurring character AFTER he got busted).

Image
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58388
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5659
x 3421

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby David » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:49 pm

i have no idea why, but when i first read that i interpreted it as tom hardy and was like what the hell


tom sizemore, much more sense
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
All-Star
Posts: 4494
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 50
x 614

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:54 pm

0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63790
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 2912
x 3109

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Banedon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:57 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:


Then they can get sued for discriminatory hiring practices instead!
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70505
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5882
x 7873

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:08 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:


Y'know, I was all set to mock this for just sounding like more Pence-like gender nonsense, but as these stories keep piling up I weirdly think he kind of has a point. It's like so many of these dudes are just animals who can't or won't stop themselves from being hideous monsters towards women.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70505
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5882
x 7873

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Not that that means anyone should seriously hire less women or give women less professional shots because of it.
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 11125
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1175
x 374

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:54 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
CyHawk_Cub wrote:


Y'know, I was all set to mock this for just sounding like more Pence-like gender nonsense, but as these stories keep piling up I weirdly think he kind of has a point. It's like so many of these dudes are just animals who can't or won't stop themselves from being hideous monsters towards women.

Or the implication that these women are just lying.
0 x
Image

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58388
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5659
x 3421

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby David » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:58 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
CyHawk_Cub wrote:


Y'know, I was all set to mock this for just sounding like more Pence-like gender nonsense, but as these stories keep piling up I weirdly think he kind of has a point. It's like so many of these dudes are just animals who can't or won't stop themselves from being hideous monsters towards women.

Or the implication that these women are just lying.


i saw it more from sammy's angle. reminded me of a conversation i heard at my industry's annual convention last year... this guy was talking about "hiring ugly" to keep these dumb animals undistracted and at bay. pretty brutal way of thinking.
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 2161
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 539
x 423

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby squally1313 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:05 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
CyHawk_Cub wrote:


Y'know, I was all set to mock this for just sounding like more Pence-like gender nonsense, but as these stories keep piling up I weirdly think he kind of has a point. It's like so many of these dudes are just animals who can't or won't stop themselves from being hideous monsters towards women.

Or the implication that these women are just lying.

I (sadly) keep waiting for one of these accusers to be proven false, or to retract/withdraw their statement, just so all the Clay Travis wannabes on Twitter (on both sides of the aisle) can cast doubt on every one of these cases. Going to be a great time.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70505
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5882
x 7873

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:09 pm

David wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
Y'know, I was all set to mock this for just sounding like more Pence-like gender nonsense, but as these stories keep piling up I weirdly think he kind of has a point. It's like so many of these dudes are just animals who can't or won't stop themselves from being hideous monsters towards women.

Or the implication that these women are just lying.


i saw it more from sammy's angle. reminded me of a conversation i heard at my industry's annual convention last year... this guy was talking about "hiring ugly" to keep these dumb animals undistracted and at bay. pretty brutal way of thinking.


Yeah, these conclusions (like what the tweet was talking about and Pence's nonsense) aren't something anyone should take seriously, but it's depressing how the sentiment is actually kinda valid in a really, REALLY screwed up way (that the people behind them didn't intend; they're basically blaming the women, when it's actually just highlighting how many guys refuse to act like decent human beings just because they're in close proximity with a woman).

Like, Mike Pence isn't saying that he thinks he'd lose control with a woman if his wife wasn't around; he thinks that the woman is going to try and push him to do something or "get him into trouble," when the reality is he's kinda right because of the former.
1 x

User avatar
bcl412
Superstar
Posts: 15179
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:02 pm
Location: Boston
x 193
x 420

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby bcl412 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:20 pm

Huh, I always read the Pence thing as a “keep me away from temptation” thing and never considered the “he thinks a woman will make up horsefeathers to get him in trouble” angle. The weirdness of republicans just gets weirder
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 11125
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1175
x 374

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:24 pm

bcl412 wrote:Huh, I always read the Pence thing as a “keep me away from temptation” thing and never considered the “he thinks a woman will make up horsefeathers to get him in trouble” angle. The weirdness of republicans just gets weirder

It all goes back to Eve and the apple. Republicans haven't thought rationally about women since.
1 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70505
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5882
x 7873

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:45 pm

bcl412 wrote:Huh, I always read the Pence thing as a “keep me away from temptation” thing and never considered the “he thinks a woman will make up horsefeathers to get him in trouble” angle. The weirdness of republicans just gets weirder


Not even necessarily that he'd be accused of something that didn't happen; from his perspective, if he made a move (or worse) on a woman, it would be because she somehow "seduced" him into doing it. These guys would never admit that such a situation could be his fault; like WF22 said, it's all about Eve and the apple.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21251
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 101
x 223

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby CubinNY » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:28 pm

The impilication is that men aren’t responsible for their behavior. The cause is women. It’s disgusting.
1 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
All-Star
Posts: 4494
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 50
x 614

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:30 pm

0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70505
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5882
x 7873

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:38 pm

"All he did..."

Yeeeesh.
0 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 32154
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 451
x 3500

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:40 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:"All he did..."

Yeeeesh.

0 x
Image

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58388
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5659
x 3421

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby David » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:50 pm

There's obviously a ton of names coming out at this point, and it's sorta interesting how they almost across the board seem to be creepy dudes that probably had trouble with the opposite (or same, in some case) sex before they became successful (as subjective as something like that might be)... basically I wonder if this weird ass behavior is a manifestation of a resentment brought on by that and is some perverse way for them to get their "revenge" on women now that they feel they have success and power in life.

It's just so strange to me how many successful Hollywood dudes just feel like they can randomly fondle women or pull their dongs out. I don't think this happens nearly as much (on a rate/proportion basis, I mean) among "normal" people unless they're the aforementioned nut jobs on the train or whatever. Like this is Louis CK doing almost the exact same thing that the crazy guy on the street might do.
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58388
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5659
x 3421

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby David » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:52 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:"All he did..."

Yeeeesh.


There are so many crazy people out there and we now "get" to see/hear their thoughts thanks to widespread internet access. How the hell does someone horsefeathers up enough to think those words even have the life skills to find their way to a computer and learn words and horsefeathers?
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70505
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5882
x 7873

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:04 pm

David wrote:It's just so strange to me how many successful Hollywood dudes just feel like they can randomly fondle women or pull their dongs out. I don't think this happens nearly as much (on a rate/proportion basis, I mean) among "normal" people unless they're the aforementioned nut jobs on the train or whatever. Like this is Louis CK doing almost the exact same thing that the crazy guy on the street might do.


Sadly, it seems like according to most women that this is NOT the case.
0 x

User avatar
javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie
Posts: 8526
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:46 pm
Location: Chicago
x 819
x 243

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby javy knows my name » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:08 pm

David wrote:There's obviously a ton of names coming out at this point, and it's sorta interesting how they almost across the board seem to be creepy dudes that probably had trouble with the opposite (or same, in some case) sex before they became successful (as subjective as something like that might be)... basically I wonder if this weird ass behavior is a manifestation of a resentment brought on by that and is some perverse way for them to get their "revenge" on women now that they feel they have success and power in life.

It's just so strange to me how many successful Hollywood dudes just feel like they can randomly fondle women or pull their dongs out. I don't think this happens nearly as much (on a rate/proportion basis, I mean) among "normal" people unless they're the aforementioned nut jobs on the train or whatever. Like this is Louis CK doing almost the exact same thing that the crazy guy on the street might do.


I wonder if the effort/deception required to maintain a certain public persona (politician, movie star, priest, etc) causes that person to act in a more deviant manner in their personal life as a way of compensating
1 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70505
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5882
x 7873

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:19 pm

I think it's a mistake to try and separate most of these guys as some kind of "other" just because they're famous. You have instances of something like priests being looked at, like, how has things like celibacy impacted them, or how it has actually attracted people with certain urges largely because they think the setting will allow them to control things, but generally I don't think we should be looking at these people as "deviants" like they're exceptional in what they've done. Most of it is all too mundane and common, and usually with fame the only thing that changes is the scope of how often they can do it or who they do it to.
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56327
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1553
x 5050

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:21 pm

javy knows my name wrote:
David wrote:There's obviously a ton of names coming out at this point, and it's sorta interesting how they almost across the board seem to be creepy dudes that probably had trouble with the opposite (or same, in some case) sex before they became successful (as subjective as something like that might be)... basically I wonder if this weird ass behavior is a manifestation of a resentment brought on by that and is some perverse way for them to get their "revenge" on women now that they feel they have success and power in life.

It's just so strange to me how many successful Hollywood dudes just feel like they can randomly fondle women or pull their dongs out. I don't think this happens nearly as much (on a rate/proportion basis, I mean) among "normal" people unless they're the aforementioned nut jobs on the train or whatever. Like this is Louis CK doing almost the exact same thing that the crazy guy on the street might do.


I wonder if the effort/deception required to maintain a certain public persona (politician, movie star, priest, etc) causes that person to act in a more deviant manner in their personal life as a way of compensating

No, the EFFORT does not CAUSE them to act deviant.

It may excuse it in their own deviant mind, but it doesn't cause it.

Just in this discussion alone, Weinstein, Spacey and Sizemore had nothing close to a public persona that would fool people into thinking they were clean.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CubInOK, Google Adsense [Bot], SouthSideRyan and 6 guests