Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 11137
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1195
x 375

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:18 am

Stannis wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:I believe we've reached the point in the thread where sulley has his bi-annual meltdown, posts half-a-dozen times incoherently to himself, then retreats quietly to his trailer for a few months.


You know me well.

But seriously, i feel like i'm pretty passionate about women's issues. I don't think Franken should resign but i'm really disappointed in him, and he's probably finished. Which is sad, because i admire the good he did and could have done.

I think he should resign and think he's probably not finished. Well see though. In some way it would be kinda nice for voters to stand up and show him he's finished in the next primary.
0 x
Image

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 2207
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 557
x 429

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby squally1313 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:23 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Stannis wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:I believe we've reached the point in the thread where sulley has his bi-annual meltdown, posts half-a-dozen times incoherently to himself, then retreats quietly to his trailer for a few months.


You know me well.

But seriously, i feel like i'm pretty passionate about women's issues. I don't think Franken should resign but i'm really disappointed in him, and he's probably finished. Which is sad, because i admire the good he did and could have done.

I think he should resign and think he's probably not finished. Well see though. In some way it would be kinda nice for voters to stand up and show him he's finished in the next primary.


In 2020? What a message that will send!
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 11137
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1195
x 375

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:25 am

If he is done though should use his considerable wealth to give back and make a difference still (for women and others)
0 x
Image

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 11137
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1195
x 375

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:27 am

squally1313 wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Stannis wrote:
You know me well.

But seriously, i feel like i'm pretty passionate about women's issues. I don't think Franken should resign but i'm really disappointed in him, and he's probably finished. Which is sad, because i admire the good he did and could have done.

I think he should resign and think he's probably not finished. Well see though. In some way it would be kinda nice for voters to stand up and show him he's finished in the next primary.


In 2020? What a message that will send!

Just saying it would be comforting knowing the voter base is willing to take a stand. Also, that's said with my expectation that he isn't finished.
0 x
Image

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 2207
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 557
x 429

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby squally1313 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:30 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
squally1313 wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:I think he should resign and think he's probably not finished. Well see though. In some way it would be kinda nice for voters to stand up and show him he's finished in the next primary.


In 2020? What a message that will send!

Just saying it would be comforting knowing the voter base is willing to take a stand. Also, that's said with my expectation that he isn't finished.


Fair. Hopefully it starts in Alabama in a few weeks.
0 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 32233
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 473
x 3592

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:26 pm

I'd like to say this was a fun read this morning, but now my everything hurts
1 x
Image

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
All-Star
Posts: 4664
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 50
x 689

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:11 am

0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
All-Star
Posts: 4664
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 50
x 689

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:56 am

0 x

User avatar
mul21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8051
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:53 pm
Location: Hell (a.k.a. St. Louis)
x 210
x 279
Contact:

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby mul21 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:47 am

So, not to be team Sulley here, but shouldn’t the punishment fit the crime? I know using the Moore situation is at best a questionable way to go, but hear me out. Franken’s actions to me are akin to getting pulled over for speeding with a BAC of .08. Yeah, you’re wrong and there should be consequences, but certainly not the same as the guy who plows into someone with a BAC of .25 and kills a family of 5.

Can we have some nuance in the discussion or is this a situation where one mistake/indiscretion is all you get regardless of the circumstances? I’m not going to get all melty like Sulley, I’m looking for viewpoints. I’m sure I have done some things as a younger guy that made women uncomfortable and may not have been aware of it. People make mistakes and are fallible. If this is an isolated incident and no other women come forward, are we looking at this in the same light?

And just to be crystal clear, I’m absolutely not okay with what he did, regardless of what he thought was going on.
0 x
I like beer.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70848
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 6040
x 8060

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:44 pm

I just think it's weird when people act like thinking maybe a millionaire elected official should step aside because of their inappropriate behavior/actions is somehow unfair to the person that did something wrong. Nobody's holding him to some kind of unrealistic standard here; it's actually really, really, REALLY easy to not do the things he did. It's being suggested that he resign; that's it. That is, let's face it, getting off pretty easy, and since he's an elected representative it's more than fair to ask for him to step down (or, at the very least, not run again) because his behavior is wrong for someone in that position.

And if you want to look at it from a strategic viewpoint, then the Democrats arguably missed a big chance for a big win even with him stepping down. He's from a Democratic state with a Democratic governor with a Democratic-favored election coming up in 2018 OR if a special election takes place. You know more and more of these stories are going to be coming out about elected officials, so you take the stand where you can easily take the hit and have him step down. Franken's nothing special as a legislator outside of having a quicker wit than most, so you you replace a Democrat with a Democrat (ideally a woman), do the right thing, and can actually take the high road and lead by example without it causing any real damage.

Franken doesn't need or deserve a break. What Moore did and refuses to do should be irrelevant in how Franken and his party respond to what he did.
4 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56558
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1579
x 5189

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:31 pm

mul21 wrote:So, not to be team Sulley here, but shouldn’t the punishment fit the crime? I know using the Moore situation is at best a questionable way to go, but hear me out. Franken’s actions to me are akin to getting pulled over for speeding with a BAC of .08. Yeah, you’re wrong and there should be consequences, but certainly not the same as the guy who plows into someone with a BAC of .25 and kills a family of 5.

Can we have some nuance in the discussion or is this a situation where one mistake/indiscretion is all you get regardless of the circumstances? I’m not going to get all melty like Sulley, I’m looking for viewpoints. I’m sure I have done some things as a younger guy that made women uncomfortable and may not have been aware of it. People make mistakes and are fallible. If this is an isolated incident and no other women come forward, are we looking at this in the same light?

And just to be crystal clear, I’m absolutely not okay with what he did, regardless of what he thought was going on.
its not a prison term.
Franken wasn't a young guy.
He shouldn't be a United States senator.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 32656
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
x 1022
x 770

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:53 pm

Even if we take the accusation as not credible, the photo portrays him using a woman’s body in a sexualized manner as a prop while she was unconscious and unable to object. That’s pretty damn bad.

It’s probably not enough to expel him. But he should resign for the good of the party.

(Also note that he was not a younger guy. He was in his 50s, two years before his first campaign)
0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
All-Star
Posts: 4664
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 50
x 689

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:28 pm

0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 14969
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 257
x 317

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:48 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Even if we take the accusation as not credible, the photo portrays him using a woman’s body in a sexualized manner as a prop while she was unconscious and unable to object. That’s pretty damn bad.

It’s probably not enough to expel him. But he should resign for the good of the party.

(Also note that he was not a younger guy. He was in his 50s, two years before his first campaign)



Who horsefeathering cares how old he was. Its gross
0 x
Image

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21602
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 488
x 778

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby 17 Seconds » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Lena Dunham continues to be garbage
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 65109
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 495
x 1182

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Derwood » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:16 pm

17 Seconds wrote:Lena Dunham continues to be garbage


You'll have to be more specific, there are so many things to choose from
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21602
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 488
x 778

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby 17 Seconds » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:36 pm

Derwood wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:Lena Dunham continues to be garbage


You'll have to be more specific, there are so many things to choose from


an actress accused one of the Girls writers of raping her when she was 17. dunham didn't just defend him, but flatly claimed that this is one of the small percentages of false claims. then she made this stupid tweet



it's possible that she has inside information about this that has proven to her that this claim is false, but if you're going to publicly call this person a liar, you better have a better reason than "he's my friend and i know him". and if she isn't able to share the real reason, then she shouldn't say anything at all.
0 x

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 14440
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Lincoln Park
x 3070
x 1045

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby The Logan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Derwood wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:Lena Dunham continues to be garbage


You'll have to be more specific, there are so many things to choose from


A writer for Girls was accused of rape and Lena Dunham defended him, apparently.

EDIT: See above
0 x
Image

User avatar
rocket
Superstar
Posts: 18301
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:48 am
Location: Dayton, Ohio
x 351
x 265
Contact:

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby rocket » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:50 pm

another momentary lapse of reason for Franken

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/politics/ ... index.html
1 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70848
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 6040
x 8060

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:24 pm

But think of all the good he COULD be doing for women.

THINK OF IT, WON'T YOU.
2 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63969
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 3024
x 3176

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Banedon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:23 pm

0 x
Image

User avatar
SpongeWorthy
Superstar
Posts: 12889
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:47 am
x 74
x 171

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby SpongeWorthy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:53 pm

0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70848
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 6040
x 8060

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:06 pm



The picture looks like a [expletive] Onion Photoshop job:

Image
1 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56558
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1579
x 5189

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:14 pm

The audacity of these a-holes is astonishing

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 32233
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 473
x 3592

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:19 pm

Image
1 x
Image


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests