Crap Bag

Re: Harvey Weinstein and the sweet sweet can

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:44 pm

0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:40 am

The right wingers and popping boners left and right over this. I mean they are going nuts.
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:20 am

0 x

CyHawk_Cub
All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:14 pm

0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:16 pm

Anyone in Hollywood acting like they didn't know is completely full of it; they just ducked out of the way because of the power this guy had. I mean, there's a reason we saw obvious versions of Harvey show up in multiple TV shows and movies that usually barely danced around this kind of horsefeathers; the people behind those knew he couldn't take any legal action because then the truth would just come out.
1 x

javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie

Postby javy knows my name » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Anyone in Hollywood acting like they didn't know is completely full of it; they just ducked out of the way because of the power this guy had. I mean, there's a reason we saw obvious versions of Harvey show up in multiple TV shows and movies that usually barely danced around this kind of horsefeathers; the people behind those knew he couldn't take any legal action because then the truth would just come out.

The one that always gets me here is the 30 Rock episode that directly/indirectly called out Cosby years before the allegations went public. That was either spooky prescience or some bizarre wink-nudge to the collusion that was occurring to keep it under wraps. Bizarre because I feel like Tina Fey would want that horsefeathers out there, rather than make an in-joke about it.

And then of course you have the Cosby/Letterman/maybe Weinstein? amalgam in Bojack
1 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:34 pm

Castro's Spray Chart wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Anyone in Hollywood acting like they didn't know is completely full of it; they just ducked out of the way because of the power this guy had. I mean, there's a reason we saw obvious versions of Harvey show up in multiple TV shows and movies that usually barely danced around this kind of horsefeathers; the people behind those knew he couldn't take any legal action because then the truth would just come out.

The one that always gets me here is the 30 Rock episode that directly/indirectly called out Cosby years before the allegations went public. That was either spooky prescience or some bizarre wink-nudge to the collusion that was occurring to keep it under wraps. Bizarre because I feel like Tina Fey would want that horsefeathers out there, rather than make an in-joke about it.

And then of course you have the Cosby/Letterman/maybe Weinstein? amalgam in Bojack

I mean, the Cosby stuff wasn't exactly secret; I remember rumors along those lines being around for at least a decade now, but it seemed more like one of those, "oh, you won't believe what people got away with back in the day" things instead of, "Bill Cosby has been a serial rapist for decades."

Plus Hannibal worked on 30R, so I just assume that was him, too.
1 x

Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:34 pm

The whole Cosby thing came into the public sphere with Hannibal Burress's standup, right? He was a 30 Rock writer, so I doubt it was a coincidence.
1 x

javy knows my name

Postby javy knows my name » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:37 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:

The whole Cosby thing came into the public sphere with Hannibal Burress's standup, right? He was a 30 Rock writer, so I doubt it was a coincidence.

I wasn't aware of that! Makes total sense then
0 x
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:42 pm

Robert Carlock all but confirmed it was Hannibal who inspired/wrote the joke, but I vaguely recall him saying they had to rephrase/soften it because Cosby hadn't actually been charged with anything yet

ETA: this article is what I was thinking of
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:

It was in the public long before that though, it just didn't blow up until Hannibal for a variety of reasons, partly because for whatever reason society just didn't give a horsefeathers. Weinstein had also been assumed to be a dirty pig. But third parties can't level accusations and aggrieved parties have very little motivation to do so either.

It was always a matter of whether you could get the victims to open up publicly about their ordeal.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:06 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:08 pm

Some documentary film maker who is making a Roger Alies documentary says Weinstein is the tip of the iceberg and Hollywood’s casting couch is about to get exposed with big names. We will see.
0 x

javy knows my name

Postby javy knows my name » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:34 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:

UGGGGGGHHHH that is disgusting, I couldn't make it all the way through
0 x
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:43 pm

Castro's Spray Chart wrote:UGGGGGGHHHH that is disgusting, I couldn't make it all the way through

even with headphones on i was embarrassed that others could sense what I was hearing
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:24 pm

1 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:48 pm

0 x

bd811
All-Star

Postby bd811 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:53 pm

man, the affleck brothers are such scum.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:12 am

Wait, he's married to Georgina Chapman? Goes to show that serial harassment has nothing to do with who you go home to

ETA: She's divorcing him, no surprise
0 x

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:24 am

One of our instructors at the school is a director in the industry and today he was talking about how Weinstein was an acquaintance at one point and how insane it was that it took this long for these accusations to come about, but what surprised him even more is how his brother Bob hasn't been implicated because Bob is supposedly WORSE than Harvey with the sexual abuse.
0 x

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:56 am

it's pretty galling to see garbage from people on fox news, like this:

considering that those horsefeathers have repeatedly cozied up to sexual predators like ailes, o'reilly, eric bolling and trump, and attacked their accusers as liars.
0 x
Fred Hornkohl wrote:Go CUBS !!

CyHawk_Cub
All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:27 am

0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:55 am

TruffleShuffle wrote:it's pretty galling to see garbage from people on fox news, like this:

considering that those horsefeathers have repeatedly cozied up to sexual predators like ailes, o'reilly, eric bolling and trump, and attacked their accusers as liars.

"Why do liberals always rush to politicize mass shootings?"

*rushes to politicize sexual assault*
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:20 pm

I mean, they're not THAT far off from being right about this; it is pretty inexcusable that so many people in positions of power themselves accepted, tolerated or worse something that was very much a VERY open secret for a very long time. Yes, it's obnoxious that their focus is very shallow and little beyond, "NYAH-NYAH-NYAH, LIBTARDS," but a lot of people do need to be taken for task for how long this went on, and the turds on the Right are closer to the kind of response this SHOULD be getting versus the mostly very polite, muted horror from people on the Left who knew a LOT better.
0 x

Return to “Social”