Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56303
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1549
x 5015

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:05 pm

considering he's creepy glenn's real life day, this should not surprise
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56303
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1549
x 5015

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:05 pm

Image

Image
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70485
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5870
x 7869

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:09 pm

horsefeathers, I keep forgetting that Glen got hot.
0 x

User avatar
SouthSideRyan
is ELL
Posts: 48884
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:08 am
Location: Chicago Loop
x 322
x 892

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby SouthSideRyan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:23 am

Congratulations to snood on being the most powerful man in Hollywood left standing
10 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

User avatar
Stannis
RIP Sulley
Posts: 45935
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Winterfell
x 156
x 423

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Stannis » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:58 am

Nothing is ever good and nothing is ever great again.
0 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70485
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5870
x 7869

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:08 pm

Stannis wrote:Nothing is ever good and nothing is ever great again.


Glad to see you've finally reached the acceptance stage with the Bears.
0 x

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 73037
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 1956
x 2719
Contact:

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:46 pm

horsefeathers you Weiner for tainting my favorite show and favorite 2017 Cubs winning streak.
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 11122
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1173
x 374

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:54 pm

UMFan83 wrote:horsefeathers you Weiner for tainting my favorite show and favorite 2017 Cubs winning streak.

It's only a matter of time until we find out the real reason Bosio was fired.
0 x
Image

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58384
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5654
x 3419

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby David » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:31 pm

I thought maybe this should go in here

0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63787
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 2906
x 3102

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Banedon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:36 pm

The upcoming release of "I Love You, Daddy," a new movie written and directed by and starring Louis C.K., has been scrapped in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations published by The New York Times on Thursday.

The move was announced on Friday by The Orchard, the movie's distributor.

"The Orchard will not be moving forward with the release of 'I Love You, Daddy,'" it said in a statement.
0 x
Image

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 2161
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 539
x 423

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby squally1313 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:40 pm

Banedon wrote:
The upcoming release of "I Love You, Daddy," a new movie written and directed by and starring Louis C.K., has been scrapped in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations published by The New York Times on Thursday.

The move was announced on Friday by The Orchard, the movie's distributor.

"The Orchard will not be moving forward with the release of 'I Love You, Daddy,'" it said in a statement.


It was mentioned earlier, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around reconciling the following two things:

1. Presumably in light of all these rumors and forthcoming allegations, Louis CK, typically someone who is all over the late night circuit, has pretty much disappeared from the public light. You'd think from this that he saw the writing on the wall.

2. He's writing and directing a movie called "I Love You, Daddy", which is about the exact type of behavior he's been accused of.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70485
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5870
x 7869

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:21 pm

I've seen some decent armchair analysis that points out how a lot of the material he's put out in the last few years has really revolved around weird horsefeathers like this or trying to breakdown super horsefeathers up power dynamics. He's simultaneously hyper-self aware and seemingly completely oblivious at the same time.

Or he's just a gigantic creepo and this just plays off of the whole, "watch me do something naughty!" horsefeathers.
0 x

User avatar
bcl412
Superstar
Posts: 15179
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:02 pm
Location: Boston
x 193
x 420

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby bcl412 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:29 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I've seen some decent armchair analysis that points out how a lot of the material he's put out in the last few years has really revolved around weird horsefeathers like this or trying to breakdown super horsefeathers up power dynamics. He's simultaneously hyper-self aware and seemingly completely oblivious at the same time.

Or he's just a gigantic creepo and this just plays off of the whole, "watch me do something naughty!" horsefeathers.


It’s the hyper self aware horsefeathers that makes this so upsetting. Dude is very aware why this is messed up and does it anyway. That’s why I think he went with the masturbation in front of women angle because in someway he may be able to rationalize it as some thing he can’t control and not focus as much on the fact that he’s legit victimizing people. The ability of people to play the victim in situations like this is impressive. It’s why the sex addiction claim by others drives me insane.
0 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58384
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5654
x 3419

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby David » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:32 pm

bcl412 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:I've seen some decent armchair analysis that points out how a lot of the material he's put out in the last few years has really revolved around weird horsefeathers like this or trying to breakdown super horsefeathers up power dynamics. He's simultaneously hyper-self aware and seemingly completely oblivious at the same time.

Or he's just a gigantic creepo and this just plays off of the whole, "watch me do something naughty!" horsefeathers.


It’s the hyper self aware horsefeathers that makes this so upsetting. Dude is very aware why this is messed up and does it anyway. That’s why I think he went with the masturbation in front of women angle because in someway he may be able to rationalize it as some thing he can’t control and not focus as much on the fact that he’s legit victimizing people. The ability of people to play the victim in situations like this is impressive. It’s why the sex addiction claim by others drives me insane.


yeah. when some crazy guy pulls out his dong at random in public it's way less creepy than this. having it come from a dude who seems intelligent, self aware, and to understand the world pretty well makes it super bizarre and creepy as horsefeathers.
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63787
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 2906
x 3102

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Banedon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:46 pm

0 x
Image

User avatar
bcl412
Superstar
Posts: 15179
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:02 pm
Location: Boston
x 193
x 420

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby bcl412 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:53 pm

People who get paid to say things about society that others won’t (okay, theyre paid to be funny but part of the appeal of some comedians is the way they present society in a way others can’t) not talking about something like this is frustrating.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70485
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5870
x 7869

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:11 pm

David wrote:
bcl412 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:I've seen some decent armchair analysis that points out how a lot of the material he's put out in the last few years has really revolved around weird horsefeathers like this or trying to breakdown super horsefeathers up power dynamics. He's simultaneously hyper-self aware and seemingly completely oblivious at the same time.

Or he's just a gigantic creepo and this just plays off of the whole, "watch me do something naughty!" horsefeathers.


It’s the hyper self aware horsefeathers that makes this so upsetting. Dude is very aware why this is messed up and does it anyway. That’s why I think he went with the masturbation in front of women angle because in someway he may be able to rationalize it as some thing he can’t control and not focus as much on the fact that he’s legit victimizing people. The ability of people to play the victim in situations like this is impressive. It’s why the sex addiction claim by others drives me insane.


yeah. when some crazy guy pulls out his dong at random in public it's way less creepy than this. having it come from a dude who seems intelligent, self aware, and to understand the world pretty well makes it super bizarre and creepy as horsefeathers.


Because that makes it so much more calculated.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70485
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5870
x 7869

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:14 pm

bcl412 wrote:People who get paid to say things about society that others won’t (okay, theyre paid to be funny but part of the appeal of some comedians is the way they present society in a way others can’t) not talking about something like this is frustrating.


The relative silence in social media from most male comedians over this is pretty damn telling. I have zero doubt that a ton of them have horsefeathers they tried to pass off as "just a joke" or misused the very frank and intimate proximity of men and women in the comedy world and the like, and they're terrified it will come up if they put themselves out there.
2 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56303
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1549
x 5015

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:23 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63787
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 2906
x 3102

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Banedon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:39 pm

It's a very good statement, but it's just words. It's tough right now to see how he comes out the other side of this.
0 x
Image

User avatar
bcl412
Superstar
Posts: 15179
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:02 pm
Location: Boston
x 193
x 420

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby bcl412 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:46 pm

I mean, that’s how you apologize for something like this but yeah, coming back from this is going to be challenging. A good chunk of his fan base will struggle with this I would think.
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56303
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1549
x 5015

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:48 pm

Banedon wrote:It's a very good statement, but it's just words. It's tough right now to see how he comes out the other side of this.


There's been a couple women who have noted he will probably go away for a while and come back relatively unscathed.

I think that's going to happen as well. He's already done a whole bunch of stuff on his own dime, producing his own content and hosting it on his website. I'd bet he can do that again, as well as get some bit parts in other stuff.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58384
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5654
x 3419

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby David » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:48 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Banedon wrote:It's a very good statement, but it's just words. It's tough right now to see how he comes out the other side of this.


There's been a couple women who have noted he will probably go away for a while and come back relatively unscathed.

I think that's going to happen as well. He's already done a whole bunch of stuff on his own dime, producing his own content and hosting it on his website. I'd bet he can do that again, as well as get some bit parts in other stuff.


i mean, if woody allen is still out there
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 30802
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 1406
x 3213
Contact:

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:49 pm

I️ can’t imagine ever feeling up to laughing at a Louis ck bit again
1 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56303
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1549
x 5015

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:53 pm

bcl412 wrote:I mean, that’s how you apologize for something like this but yeah, coming back from this is going to be challenging. A good chunk of his fan base will struggle with this I would think.


Much like a good chunk of the Blazing Saddles fan base likes it for all the wrong reasons, I would bet heavily on a large portion of CK's fan base having questionable attachment to his material.
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: vance_the_cubs_fan and 5 guests