Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

rocket
Superstar

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby rocket » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:13 pm

SouthSideRyan wrote:
rocket wrote:i had this thought in my head and was going to post something about it, but deadspin beat me to it

https://deadspin.com/espns-30-for-30-on ... 1820305314

Rob Feinstein was in that 30 for 30? Uhhhh pretty sure he was caught in a To Catch a Predator type sting.

The article just referenced a story he told in some other avenue, I don't remember seeing him in the documentary
0 x

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:17 pm

I honestly don't think we've entered a "new era" of the way we handle stuff like this. We just voted a guy who said "grab em by the [expletive]" to be President of the United States.

I think this is a small window where people are taking it seriously, and five years from now it wont have made much of a difference, aside from the handful of careers its destroying now.

Louis C.K. did just enough with his apology that 5 years from now he'll be back in action. Probably just supporting roles, but he wont have trouble getting good parts.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:35 pm

Meanwhile women keep coming forward about Jeremy Piven and he keeps denying...

http://people.com/tv/jeremy-piven-accus ... n-scourby/
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:40 pm

Rob wrote:I honestly don't think we've entered a "new era" of the way we handle stuff like this. We just voted a guy who said "grab em by the [expletive]" to be President of the United States.

I think this is a small window where people are taking it seriously, and five years from now it wont have made much of a difference, aside from the handful of careers its destroying now.

Louis C.K. did just enough with his apology that 5 years from now he'll be back in action. Probably just supporting roles, but he wont have trouble getting good parts.

If they couldn't even shun Mel Gibson and Woody Allen and Polanski properly, yeah, all these dudes will be back.

I disagree that you won't see this having an overall effect; I think this is going to continue to make victims of abuse and assault and rape have the confidence to actually come forward about this garbage. We've seen society shift like this before in regards to sexual harassment; it's not "fixed" by any stretch of the imagination, but we've seen things slowly change for the better in regards to bringing this to light and giving victims more options to fight back.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:42 pm

Banedon wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
Banedon wrote:This dumb movie coming out is Gibson's first major movie role in like a decade, and I'm not sure that Daddy's Home 2 is some great rejuvenation of his career. It's pretty clear that's he's absolutely been ostracized.

He was nominated for Best Director for Hacksaw Ridge a year ago.

horsefeathers...I forgot about that...was thinking of his acting roles.

horsefeathers, people kept trying to cast him in cameos and against type roles within just a couple of years of his meltdown and would usually only back off once people griped about it. Dude never really got totally cast side like he should have been.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:19 pm

0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:23 pm

rocket wrote:i had this thought in my head and was going to post something about it, but deadspin beat me to it

Was that the same flight that Dustin Runnels cornered a flight attendant and said "You and me, we gonna horsefeathers."
0 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:45 pm

Louis CK's now former publicist is named Lewis Kay...heh...

0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:48 pm

1 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:31 pm

Stannis wrote:

Was that the same flight that Dustin Runnels cornered a flight attendant and said "You and me, we gonna horsefeathers."

I don't remember that, but he was serenading his ex-wife over the PA.
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:05 am

yikes, who had George Takei as next up?
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:13 pm

How hard is it not to roofie someone?
0 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:34 pm

Brian wrote:yikes, who had George Takei as next up?

I wouldn't have guessed it, but I'm also less surprised than I should be.

I guess i'm most surprised that Shatner accusations didn't come first.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:18 pm

Brian wrote:yikes, who had George Takei as next up?

Takei has not only denied wrong doing, but has stated that he doesn't even know who his accuser is.
0 x

bauermj
Role Player

Postby bauermj » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Banedon wrote:It's a very good statement, but it's just words. It's tough right now to see how he comes out the other side of this.

bcl412 wrote:I mean, that’s how you apologize for something like this but yeah, coming back from this is going to be challenging. A good chunk of his fan base will struggle with this I would think.

Facepalm?

3 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Yeah, kinda missed people here inexplicably thinking CK nailed that horsefeathers, self-aggrandizing "apology." What the hell, dudes.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:48 pm

https://qz.com/1126593/we-edited-louis- ... l-apology/

However, Louis C.K.’s “apology” devolves into an attempt to paint himself as suffering and worthy of sympathy. He says that until the Times report, he did not realize the full extent of the harm he caused women by taking out his penis and masturbating in front of them. He also tries to reduce his culpability by noting that, at the time of his actions, he thought simply asking if it was OK to masturbate in front of women was enough to guarantee consent.

What’s more, Louis C.K. does not mention his attempts to cover up his actions, nor his stubborn refusal to acknowledge the accusations that have been made several times before.

He does, however, make sure to note how “admired” he was, and is, both by the women he harassed, and the comedy industry at large. In fact, he repeats it four times in his statement.

We took it upon ourselves to edit Louis C.K.’s “apology” in order to make it a real apology.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Yeah, kinda missed people here inexplicably thinking CK nailed that horsefeathers, self-aggrandizing "apology." What the hell, dudes.

I was caught up in the "it was true" start. Kind of put off by the way he framed the situations and then really turned off by his list of credits. I totally missed the lack of an actual apology on first read though.

And after rereading I thought it was worse than one of those I am sorry if you were offended things.
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:41 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Yeah, kinda missed people here inexplicably thinking CK nailed that horsefeathers, self-aggrandizing "apology." What the hell, dudes.

I was caught up in the "it was true" start. Kind of put off by the way he framed the situations and then really turned off by his list of credits. I totally missed the lack of an actual apology on first read though.

And after rereading I thought it was worse than one of those I am sorry if you were offended things.

Yeah, definitely was more caught up in the admission of guilt the first read through and also missed the lack of an apology.
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:59 pm

It's so horsefeathers; just a laundry list of how he realizes how impressed people are with him capped off with an apology.

Basically an apology for these sorts of things should be as short as possible; "I horsefeathers up/did something terrible and I'm sorry and I am wrong." If it's more than a paragraph, it's an excuse.
0 x

Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:29 pm

I can understand the 'admiration' stuff to an extent since it's describing the power dynamic that he's claiming to have misunderstood, but when the most apologizing you do is 'I have been remorseful' and talking about 'the hardest regret', that's not great.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:58 pm

I dont get people walking around with their dicks hanging out. Its like a regression to apes
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:26 pm

1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:31 pm

I've spent enough years living in cities where I relied on public transportation and worked in bookstores; you sadly realize pretty quickly in those settings that dudes whipping out their dicks is not as uncommon as it should be. Now imagine you're with someone you trust/admire/care for/work with/find/funny/whatever, and they just suddenly take their horsefeathering dick out. It drives me nuts how many comments I'm seeing out there of people trying to downplay this, like at the very least he shouldn't be "lumped in" with other abuses stories because somehow what he did wasn't "as bad," or because he wasn't actually attacking or touching someone else. Get the horsefeathers out of here with that.

Boy, this is pretty horsefeathering weird now:

2 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:39 pm

WBTV has suspended co-creator, executive producer, and showrunner Andrew Kreisberg from his duties on The Flash tonight, over multiple allegations of sexual harassment that have been levied against him. This is per Deadline and Variety, both of which are reporting on a statement released by Warner Bros. TV Group tonight, stating, “We have recently been made aware of allegations of misconduct against Andrew Kreisberg. We have suspended Mr. Kreisberg and are conducting an internal investigation. We take all allegations of misconduct extremely seriously, and are committed to creating a safe working environment for our employees and everyone involved in our productions.”
0 x

Return to “Social”