SpongeWorthy
Superstar

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby SpongeWorthy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:09 pm

17 Seconds wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:i wonder if/when this will start to hit sports

depends what you mean by start

i'm talking about a wave of noteworthy current players. this type of behavior is probably more rampant in the sports world than anywhere, right?

Depends if you're talking about the Steinbrenners or the Jeters of the world.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:09 pm

17 Seconds wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

depends what you mean by start

i'm talking about a wave of noteworthy current players. this type of behavior is probably more rampant in the sports world than anywhere, right?

No. It’s probably evenly distributed across society.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:10 pm

17 Seconds wrote:i'm talking about a wave of noteworthy current players. this type of behavior is probably more rampant in the sports world than anywhere, right?

https://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/11/2 ... dia-circus
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:25 pm

0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:41 am

So far, everyone from the entertainment world who has been accused has suffered consequences, while no one from the political world has suffered a thing
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:59 am

Derwood wrote:So far, everyone from the entertainment world who has been accused has suffered consequences, while no one from the political world has suffered a thing

Witness the power of partisan politics.
0 x
Spoiler: show

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:08 am

SpongeWorthy wrote:

see what's going on with ray allen recently?

That story is horsefeathering bonkers. I'm surprised at how little play it's getting.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:09 am

Tim wrote:
Derwood wrote:So far, everyone from the entertainment world who has been accused has suffered consequences, while no one from the political world has suffered a thing

More like the power of the bottom line; the people in the entertainment world can impact people making money just based on the public's perception. A loathed politician can still serve their special interests at least until their term is up.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:13 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Tim wrote:

More like the power of the bottom line; the people in the entertainment world can impact people making money just based on the public's perception. A loathed politician can still serve their special interests at least until their term is up.

It’s the hypocrisy of the people demanding (and cheering on) the firing of the entertainers while standing up for (or voting for) the politicians
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:14 am

Derwood wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
Tim wrote:Witness the power of partisan politics.

It’s the hypocrisy of the people demanding (and cheering on) the firing of the entertainers while standing up for (or voting for) the politicians

Everything is awful!

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/wh ... y-helping/

Republican Roy Moore appears to have pulled back into a lead in Alabama’s special Senate election. Moore had lost ground in the polls after allegations of child molestation and sexual misconduct were leveled against him starting on Nov. 9. But three new polls out this week — from Change Research, Emerson College and JMC Analytics — have Moore leading Democrat Doug Jones by 5 to 6 percentage points.
0 x

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:54 am

Alabama will never let a democrat into office, no matter the cost. Peoples lives in Alabama are horsefeathers and the state is horsefeathers at everything and its been run by Republicans forever and they still would rather continue to lead horsefeathers lives as long as the delicate snowflakes stay out of office.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:38 am

The Logan wrote:Alabama will never let a democrat into office, no matter the cost. Peoples lives in Alabama are horsefeathers and the state is horsefeathers at everything and its been run by Republicans forever and they still would rather continue to lead horsefeathers lives as long as the delicate snowflakes stay out of office.

Pretty much. They take pride in their ignorance and joy in their stupidity. They revel in it.

Quick story that probably no one is interested in. Last month I went to The Autism Law Summit in San Diego sponsored by Autism Speaks. We worked really hard to get an Autism law passed in Alabama that mandated insurance to pay for treatment. Autism Speaks invited 3 of the sponsors of the Bill (two state senators and the speaker of the House) to the Summit so they could get an award and be recognized. At the dinner, they put on their best Hee Haw impressions and acted like a bunch of ignoramus hayseeds. It was embarrassing because I know these guys, and stupid they are not. But it's the image they want to present to the rest of the world
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:21 pm

https://www.avclub.com/detailed-allegat ... 1820853155

The harassment would reportedly escalate when Lauer went on business trips—particularly when he was covering the Olympics—where he would invite NBC colleagues to his hotel room late at night, Harvey Weinstein-style. Perhaps most disturbing of all, back in New York, “his office [at NBC] was in a secluded space, and he had a button under his desk that allowed him to lock his door from the inside without getting up ... [allowing] him to welcome female employees and initiate inappropriate contact while knowing nobody could walk in on him,” as Variety puts it.

WHAT THE horsefeathers IS THIS SUPER VILLAIN horsefeathers WITH THE BUTTON.

Holy horsefeathers, what a monster. I can't imagine a context where someone wants a button to lock the door to their office where they're not at least just a complete anus of a human being. He might as well have a button for a trap door to the rancor pit, too.
Last edited by Sammy Sofa on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:41 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:https://www.avclub.com/detailed-allegations-against-matt-lauer-have-emerged-a-1820853155

The harassment would reportedly escalate when Lauer went on business trips—particularly when he was covering the Olympics—where he would invite NBC colleagues to his hotel room late at night, Harvey Weinstein-style. Perhaps most disturbing of all, back in New York, “his office [at NBC] was in a secluded space, and he had a button under his desk that allowed him to lock his door from the inside without getting up ... [allowing] him to welcome female employees and initiate inappropriate contact while knowing nobody could walk in on him,” as Variety puts it.

Holy horsefeathers, what a monster. I can't imagine a context where someone wants a button to lock the door to their office where there not at least just a complete anus of a human being.

At some point, he had to put in a request for that thing. Someone approved it and someone installed it. Which is pretty damned horrifying on its own.
0 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:16 pm

Banedon wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:https://www.avclub.com/detailed-allegations-against-matt-lauer-have-emerged-a-1820853155

Holy horsefeathers, what a monster. I can't imagine a context where someone wants a button to lock the door to their office where there not at least just a complete anus of a human being.

At some point, he had to put in a request for that thing. Someone approved it and someone installed it. Which is pretty damned horrifying on its own.

This. Right. Here.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:38 pm

Somebody claimed it was standard for high level personnel
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:48 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:Somebody claimed it was standard for high level personnel

that button or sexually harassing women?

never mind, it’s both.
8 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:48 pm

Banedon wrote:

Yuuuuup
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:51 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:Somebody claimed it was standard for high level personnel

Did Ann Curry get one?
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:19 pm

0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:21 pm

you know Jane Pauley was locking boys in her room
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:22 pm

"I will step aside and commit myself to continuing my personal growth, spiritual learning and above all to listening."

But not, of course, making sure I don't do this kind of horsefeathers again. Too busy listening!
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:24 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:https://twitter.com/ABC/status/936244167080062978

0 x

Cubfanintheknow
All-Star

Postby Cubfanintheknow » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:45 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:https://twitter.com/ABC/status/936244167080062978

See, all it took was a public shaming for Alaska Airlines to take action. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
0 x

SpongeWorthy
Superstar

Postby SpongeWorthy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:04 pm

man, if i'm mark zuckerberg's sibling i'm flying private
0 x

Return to “Social”