Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:02 pm

bd811 wrote:
bd811 wrote:well now i'm suspicious of Ron Swanson. great.

wait wtf is this gif?

it's called a meme, something the kids are doing
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

bd811
All-Star

Postby bd811 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:03 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
bd811 wrote:
bd811 wrote:well now i'm suspicious of Ron Swanson. great.

wait wtf is this gif?

it's called a meme, something the kids are doing

i like my ron swanson gifs to be pure and untarnished. i'm a bit of a traditionalist in that way.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:45 pm

Why couldn’t he just have a button that opens a trap door or releases the hounds like the rest of us?
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Derwood wrote:Why couldn’t he just have a button that opens a trap door or releases the hounds like SSR

Fixed
0 x

JennieGarthAlgar
Starter

Postby JennieGarthAlgar » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:10 pm

I dont want ot seem like im defending Matt lauer, but I want to know where we all stand on these awesome lazy inventions. Are clappers in the office now not ok?
0 x

JennieGarthAlgar
Starter

Postby JennieGarthAlgar » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:14 pm

But for real, I do kinda think everyone is jumping the gun on this door lock thing. If he was actually using it to lock (kidnap) women in there and they only find out about it when they are trying to escape, then I am sure we will hear about it soon. Until then, im gonna just assume its a feature super rich people with offices in NYC get.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:19 pm

It's just a totally unnecessary thing that enables creeps and serves no real purpose besides vanity, laziness, or worse. Hence why it is easy to mock and so readily exacerbates an already awful situation.
Last edited by Sammy Sofa on Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:20 pm

Basically lazy rich people don't need anyone to defend their dumb fancy door locks.
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:41 pm

0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:12 pm

Hmmmmmmmmm...

https://www.indiewire.com/2017/12/bryan ... 201903196/

Production on “Bohemian Rhapsody,” the forthcoming biopic about Queen frontman Freddie Mercury starring Rami Malek, has been suspended so that director and producer Bryan Singer, 52, can tend to what his representative described as “a personal health matter,” the BBC News reports.

In its own statement, distributor Twentieth Century Fox made no reference to Singer’s health, stating:”Twentieth Century Fox Film has temporarily halted production on Bohemian Rhapsody due to the unexpected unavailability of Bryan Singer.” Although the film’s December 2018 release date remains, the studio offered no timeline for his return.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ce-1063710

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Singer failed to return to set after the Thanksgiving holiday break, leaving producers nervous about the state of the production and talking about potentially replacing him.

In a statement to the BBC, a rep for the director says his absence is due to 'a personal health matter concerning Bryan and his family.' However, sources say that filming on the biopic has not been easy. For example, insiders tell THR that producers and his star had grown tired of Singer's behavior, which saw him routinely show up late to set. Another source has said that a cinematographer had to step in and direct during a previous 'non-showing.'

This is not first time that Singer has disappeared during a production. He momentarily vanished during the shooting of X-Men: Apocalypse and during Superman Returns."

0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:05 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:49 pm

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... os-1063977

According to another insider, Singer has claimed he is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder because of the tensions on the set.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:09 pm

0 x

CyHawk_Cub
All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:15 pm

0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:24 pm

John Oliver confronted Dustin Hoffman over the sexual assault allegations against him...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jo ... mg00000009

“I have the utmost respect for women and feel terrible that anything I might have done could have put her in an uncomfortable situation,” Hoffman said at the time. “I am sorry. It is not reflective of who I am.”

According to video captured by The Washington Post’s Steven Zeitchik, Oliver told Hoffman that his apology in response to the allegation seemed dismissive and like a “cop out.”

“I’m not the moral arbiter of anything,” Oliver said before quoting Hoffman’s apology. ”‘It’s not reflective of who I am.’ It’s that kind of response to this stuff that pisses me off because it is reflective of who you were if it happened and you’ve given no evidence to show that it didn’t happen. Then there was a period of time for awhile when you were creeping around women.”
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:28 pm

why would you ever want to hug anybody at work.

I've got very few non-relative relationships that involved hugs, and I don't want that list to grow.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:32 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:

I've got very few non-relative relationships that involved hugs, and I don't want that list to grow.

Trying to think of situations where hugging someone at work is ok...and the only thing I can think is MAYBE if they were moving away and leaving forever. Even then, it'd have to be a pretty close co-worker.
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:47 pm

Banedon wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

Trying to think of situations where hugging someone at work is ok...and the only thing I can think is MAYBE if they were moving away and leaving forever. Even then, it'd have to be a pretty close co-worker.

I know several huggers, tbh. I'll never initiate with them, but will hug back.
0 x
Spoiler: show

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:17 pm

Ive gotten hugs from women at work in which they initiated it and one I’ve initiated. Ive felt less intimidated by that, or should say I havent felt like it wasn’t harassment. I wouldn’t hug someone who I didn’t know really well however.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:27 pm

I used to go in for the hug with (non-family, non-dating) women I knew WAY too often because I figured we were close, and for some reason I thought something like shaking a woman's hand was weird. Then one day it clicked that I was putting them in an awkward situation by basically insisting on intimiate physical contact for....what, exactly? Yeah, I know on my end it's just inoocuous, but on their end I'm basically forcing them to get close just so they don't feel like they put me in an awkward position. It's just one of a million horsefeathers things women have to put up with every day because half the time we don't even think about it and just assume it's OK and we can do it.
1 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:31 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I used to go in for the hug with (non-family, non-dating) women I knew WAY too often because I figured we were close, and for some reason I thought something like shaking a woman's hand was weird. Then one day it clicked that I was putting them in an awkward situation by basically insisting on intimiate physical contact for....what, exactly? Yeah, I know on my end it's just inoocuous, but on their end I'm basically forcing them to get close just so they don't feel like they put me in an awkward position. It's just one of a million horsefeathers things women have to put up with every day because half the time we don't even think about it and just assume it's OK and we can do it.

Thats where i get confused. When ive gotten a hug, i went for the handshake and got the bigger return. So if i hug a woman after shes given one to me in the past, did I horsefeathers up? Because, thats what happened. Maybe its just safer to say handshakes only. Ever.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:46 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:I used to go in for the hug with (non-family, non-dating) women I knew WAY too often because I figured we were close, and for some reason I thought something like shaking a woman's hand was weird. Then one day it clicked that I was putting them in an awkward situation by basically insisting on intimiate physical contact for....what, exactly? Yeah, I know on my end it's just inoocuous, but on their end I'm basically forcing them to get close just so they don't feel like they put me in an awkward position. It's just one of a million horsefeathers things women have to put up with every day because half the time we don't even think about it and just assume it's OK and we can do it.

Thats where i get confused. When ive gotten a hug, i went for the handshake and got the bigger return. So if i hug a woman after shes given one to me in the past, did I horsefeathers up? Because, thats what happened. Maybe its just safer to say handshakes only. Ever.

Personally, if she initiates the hug, then I don't feel like a heel. That said, going forward, I'm still going to defer to her.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Gabriel Byrne talking about Spacey during filming of The Usual Suspects:

Over the weekend, Byrne told The Sunday Times that filming of the movie was shut down for two days at one point. It wasn’t clear why at the time, Byrne said, but he later learned Spacey had been accused of sexual misconduct toward a younger actor.

“I did not know honestly then the extent of his violence,” Byrne, 67 told the British newspaper. “I mean, he was kind of a joke in that people would say, ‘That’s Kevin,’ but nobody really understood the depth of his predations. It was only years later that we began to understand that [filming] was closed down for a particular reason and that was because of inappropriate sexual behavior by Spacey.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ga ... mg00000009
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:13 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:

Personally, if she initiates the hug, then I don't feel like a heel. That said, going forward, I'm still going to defer to her.

Im just going with no affection with coworkers. Handshakes, thats it
1 x

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0_0aeIO2Sk
0 x

Return to “Social”