#MeToo

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Re: Corporate grab ass shenanigans, and so much worse

Postby Stannis » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:39 pm

squally1313 wrote:
Stannis wrote:Because I'm going to stick to the idea that women are better off with Franken as Senator than with any alternative.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/359749-gop-official-says-hed-vote-for-moore-even-if-allegations-are-true

An Alabama Republican official said Thursday that he would still vote for Roy Moore for Senate, even if the allegations that he had a sexual encounter with a minor are true.

Bibb County Republican Chairman Jerry Pow told the Toronto Star’s Daniel Dale that he would vote for Moore, the GOP candidate in the Alabama Senate race, regardless of the allegations rather than vote for Democratic candidate Doug Jones, an exchange that Dale posted on Twitter.

“I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn't want to vote for Doug," Pow said. "I'm not saying I support what he did.”

And i said Franken does more for women than whomever would replace him, not that he's a democrat. Regardless of if that's true or not, if I believe it, it's a reasonable opinion.
0 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:41 pm

If it makes you feel any better, sure, me using the term 'sexual assault' to cover both of the stories probably didn't do enough to differentiate the acts committed/alleged. But that would still be totally missing the point, and your last few posts are VERY telling.
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:41 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Stannis wrote:I mean, do you have a comment on the post i quoted?

Do I have a comment...beside my post two spots above this one?

What?

Nah, forget it. I was just talking about squally's "point out" post.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:42 pm

I think you might be confusing him with another Al Franken if you honestly believe that nobody else from his Democratic state could "do more for women."
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:43 pm

squally1313 wrote:If it makes you feel any better, sure, me using the term 'sexual assault' to cover both of the stories probably didn't do enough to differentiate the acts committed/alleged. But that would still be totally missing the point, and your last few posts are VERY telling.

I don't know what's telling.

If Roger Stone is paying people to manufacture dirt on democrats, maybe we should hold up on this.
0 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:44 pm

Stannis wrote:
squally1313 wrote:
Stannis wrote:Because I'm going to stick to the idea that women are better off with Franken as Senator than with any alternative.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/359749-gop-official-says-hed-vote-for-moore-even-if-allegations-are-true

An Alabama Republican official said Thursday that he would still vote for Roy Moore for Senate, even if the allegations that he had a sexual encounter with a minor are true.

Bibb County Republican Chairman Jerry Pow told the Toronto Star’s Daniel Dale that he would vote for Moore, the GOP candidate in the Alabama Senate race, regardless of the allegations rather than vote for Democratic candidate Doug Jones, an exchange that Dale posted on Twitter.

“I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn't want to vote for Doug," Pow said. "I'm not saying I support what he did.”

And i said Franken does more for women than whomever would replace him, not that he's a democrat. Regardless of if that's true or not, if I believe it, it's a reasonable opinion.

Holy horsefeathers.

Again, that's no different than what the Republicans are saying about Roy Moore.

And, way more importantly, how does allowing someone who was accused, and admitted to sexual assault keep their incredibly important and prestigious job HELP women? Setting aside the fact that he would be replaced by another Democrat. If you could somehow differentiate how Franken would be better for women than say...any woman in Minnesota with similar policies, go right ahead. Making it clear that sexual assault is ignored if the guy is powerful enough does NOTHING to help women.
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:44 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I think you might be confusing him with another Al Franken if you honestly believe that nobody else from his Democratic state could "do more for women."

I don't understand why you're quoting me on that.
0 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:45 pm

Stannis wrote:
squally1313 wrote:If it makes you feel any better, sure, me using the term 'sexual assault' to cover both of the stories probably didn't do enough to differentiate the acts committed/alleged. But that would still be totally missing the point, and your last few posts are VERY telling.

If Roger Stone is paying people to manufacture dirt on democrats, maybe we should hold up on this.

Do you believe the Democrats are manufacturing dirt on Roy Moore?
0 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:46 pm

Stannis wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:I think you might be confusing him with another Al Franken if you honestly believe that nobody else from his Democratic state could "do more for women."

1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:46 pm

Stannis wrote:

What, is your gripe I quoted "do" instead of "does?"
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:47 pm

squally1313 wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Holy horsefeathers.

Again, that's no different than what the Republicans are saying about Roy Moore.

And, way more importantly, how does allowing someone who was accused, and admitted to sexual assault keep their incredibly important and prestigious job HELP women? Setting aside the fact that he would be replaced by another Democrat. If you could somehow differentiate how Franken would be better for women than say...any woman in Minnesota with similar policies, go right ahead. Making it clear that sexual assault is ignored if the guy is powerful enough does NOTHING to help women.

What? Franken is/was incredibly popular and always mentioned as a presidential candidate. He's probably better equipped and experienced to move women's issues forward with power than some junior nobody.
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:48 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Stannis wrote:

What was your problem with my use of the phrasing?
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:49 pm

squally1313 wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Do you believe the Democrats are manufacturing dirt on Roy Moore?

Oh dear
0 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:50 pm

Stannis wrote:
squally1313 wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Holy horsefeathers.

What? Franken is/was incredibly popular and always mentioned as a presidential candidate. He's probably better equipped and experienced to move women's issues forward with power than some junior nobody.

No, he was popular, and he was better equipped. Then it came out then he sexually assaulted a woman. And that was the end of that.
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:50 pm

Squally got all pissed when i helped him with the differentiation between rape and harrassment. Sorry.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:51 pm

Stannis wrote:
squally1313 wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Holy horsefeathers.

Well, I'm sure women everywhere appreciate all of the things that he could maybe possibly do for them down the line. He is also himself a junior senator, sooooooooooo...
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:52 pm

squally1313 wrote:
Stannis wrote:
squally1313 wrote:
Holy horsefeathers.

No, he was popular, and he was better equipped. Then it came out then he sexually assaulted a woman. And that was the end of that.

Which is why i said is/was. We'll see how this goes.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:53 pm

Stannis wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Your "use of phrasing?" My "problem" is with the dumb ass idea is that Al Franken is some kind of bastion for women's progress who we need to desperately cling to because there's seemingly no way he could be replaced by someone who could match all of these theoretical things he's going to "do for women."
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:53 pm

I'm dumb, i thought junior senator denoted a first term senator, i had no idea.
0 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:53 pm

Stannis wrote:Squally got all pissed when i helped him with the differentiation between rape and harrassment. Sorry.

This whole thing started when you were like 'well yeah, he sexually assaulted someone. but he's pretty good at his job, soooo'. But yes, the key here is that I used the term 'sexual assault' to cover both events. Which is clearly the big issue here. We'll ignore your initial post, or more recently when you were like 'well what if she was lying about the thing he admitted happened, or what if the Republicans are making this up'.
2 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:54 pm

Stannis wrote:
squally1313 wrote:
Stannis wrote:

So you think there's a realistic chance this is some kind of Right hit piece, but Franken's responses so far play to that...how, exactly? "Yes, I'll LULL the Right into exposing their antics by making a long statement and apology. GOT 'EM."
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Your "use of phrasing?" My "problem" is with the dumb ass idea is that Al Franken is some kind of bastion for women's progress who we need to desperately cling to because there's seemingly no way he could be replaced by someone who could match all of these theoretical things he's going to "do for women."

My opinion is based not only on his platforms but his power.

What's your problem with the phrasing, though? Seriously.
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:57 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Stannis wrote:
squally1313 wrote:

So you think there's a realistic chance this is some kind of Right hit piece, but Franken's responses so far play to that...how, exactly? "Yes, I'll LULL the Right into exposing their antics by making a long statement and apology. GOT 'EM."

I don't think his statement made any comment on the specifics of the secondary incident, and calling an accuser a liar would be a bad look for a senator. He could be just commenting on the picture.

He didn't say anything about the kissing, except that he doesn't recall doing it. Again, calling her a liar is unwise, here.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:58 pm

Stannis wrote:What's your problem with the phrasing, though? Seriously.

This is not a thing that is happening, nor makes sense to anyone but you. Seriously.
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:58 pm

I’m enjoying the end of sulley’s time at NSBB greatly.
1 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Return to “Social”