Re: Stocks

Postby Derwood » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 pm

BitCoin is the Beanie Babies of currency
1 x

Thrilho
Starter

Postby Thrilho » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:03 am

Newest stock on my list that has bumped most of the other ones off: Inmed (IMLFF). I got in last week and meant to do a post but got lazy and now it's up from .55 to .80 so figured I should stop being lazy.

Long and short is it's a biopharmaceutical company that's looking to take the 90+ cannabanoids that exist in very small amounts and synthesize them into drugs for all kinds of diseases, with a proprietary system that uses E. Coli. They've got a sweet database that links together the cannabanoids with diseases, and this database/process is a significant asset in itself.

Some interesting links:

Storyboard about what they do:
http://www.visualcapitalist.com/company ... ed-pharma/

Forbes article talking about how the two drugs they are developing right now alone are a combined $6B market (company is $100M market cap):
https://www.forbes.com/sites/debraborch ... g-company/

Article about the patent application for the biosynthesis process:
InMed is now poised to do to cannabis medicine what Ely Lilly did back in the early 1980s to the then insulin manufacturing industry. Namely, transforming an entire industry through biosynthetics and creating a billion dollar plus business.

http://theseedinvestor.com/cannabis-new ... -the-plant

They've got what looks to me to be a very solid management team. One of the biggest indicators, to me, that they're legit and not some pump and dump peddling pie in the sky promises is that they poached GW Pharma's Associate Director of Medicine and made him their Chief Medical Officer back in 2015. GW Pharma is the company whose stock went from $8 in 2014 to a peak of $137 in 2017 on the back of cannabanoid synthesis.
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 45164.html

Then on the board they've got a big wig from Takeda and a VP of Corporate Finance and Investment Banking from Eli Lilly. There are plenty of videos out there with the CEO and he seems like a sharp and experienced dude.

Then it's a 100% Buy on barchart, in the top 1% of direction and strength. This is just based on the trends though and, in the short time I've been watching it, it seems to love stocks that are in the middle of a run and sometimes those stocks run out of steam.
https://www.barchart.com/stocks/quotes/IMLFF/opinion

Then, independent of their core competency I'm impressed by their ability to market the stock. That storyboard at the top of the post is well done and it seems like anyone willing to read through it would be intrigued by the stock. If you're wondering how they'll keep generating investor interest while the drugs run through the approval pipeline I'd guess that's how they're planning to do it.

They've got another one about the biosynthesis process in general that's also pretty good and I figure they'll just keep pumping them out. I'd start with that first link if your interest is piqued. Good luck to all!
1 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:49 pm

None of the companies you are touting show up on my Robinhood app.
0 x

Thrilho
Starter

Postby Thrilho » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:01 am

CubinNY wrote:None of the companies you are touting show up on my Robinhood app.

Yeah, they're all on the TSX (Canadian) exchange and you have to get the Over the Counter (OTC) markets. I'm using TD Ameritrade.

If Inmed is interesting to anyone now might be a good time to buy in because they had a bit of a pull back today dropping back 5%.

It was a pretty big day for the industry though. I had been holding onto Hempco and picking up more as it dropped to a low of $1.37 a couple days ago. Came back 5% yesterday and another 22% today to finish at $1.72. Still could drop back plenty tomorrow, who knows, but whatever you say about the industry it's definitely not boring.
0 x

Thrilho
Starter

Postby Thrilho » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:07 am

Btw, if Hempco does drop back again tomorrow I still say they're a good buy. Diane Jang just took over as CEO on 12/11, so I'd think they'll start releasing some news on plans this week or next. And last year they released their annual report on 12/18, so if they do the same thing this year there could be some announcements that come along with it.

Charles Holmes had been the CEO but Aurora made their deal contingent on his removal. I watched a couple of his interviews and he didn't inspire much confidence. Diane Jang seems a bit more accomplished, and Aurora actually put her on their board of directors, so you'd think they don't have plans to make Hempco a voiceless subsidiary.

Here's an article on Jang's last company, Sunrise Soya Foods.

http://business.financialpost.com/news/ ... ion-market

But Diane Jang, president of the 60-year-old private company that dominates Canada’s $34-million tofu industry with at least two-thirds of the market share, believes that might not be the case for much longer.

Sunrise is an exception. The company expanded east in 2002 from its origins as a Vancouver mom-and-pop shop founded by Chinese immigrants and it now sells through 95 per cent of national grocery stores and more than 1,000 shops serving ethnic markets.

So clearly she's been pretty good at carving out shelf space for her products, and particularly hippy dippy shelf space. Now she's backed by the resources and distribution channels of a $2 billion parent. Again, Hempco is currently sitting at $60M market cap.

If you have any interest in taking a gander at their product line, their primary branding is Planet Hemp, which they recently contracted with Relevium Technologies to do the marketing on. One of the things that kept me from selling off during the slow bleed of the last month was just how professional their products looked in an industry that frequently looks too hippy dippy or tacky.

Here's a link to buy their CBD, which is hopefully where they put a lot of their focus, given the high margins in that product line. If the annual report lays out big CBD plans the stock could make a good run.

http://planethemp.co.uk/cbd-oil/buy-cbd-oil/

Do your own due diligence of course. Their revenues haven't historically been anything to write home about despite being around a while. Before Aurora got involved they were a .25 stock. Barchart isn't the biggest fan of theirs right now and today's 22% happened on only 65K volume. I'm honestly guessing there's a pretty decent drop again tomorrow but if anyone finds them interesting it could be a good opportunity.

I like Inmed better than them but those two companies make up a majority of what I've got going right now. If Hempco plays things right it doesn't seem too far fetched that they could be a $200-$300M market cap company a year or two down the line*

*Says a novice with a significant holding in the stock he's shamelessly plugging
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:17 pm

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/15/bitcoin ... boost.html

Good or bad news for the long run? I'm sure BitCoin owners are salivating at the short-term gains this will produce, but once this currency goes from the sort of unregulated, wild-west, anyone can grab a piece place it is now to the blood-sucking world of Wall St., aren't the plebs going to get the shaft?
0 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:54 pm

Derwood wrote:https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/15/bitcoin-futures-are-about-to-get-another-big-boost.html

Good or bad news for the long run? I'm sure BitCoin owners are salivating at the short-term gains this will produce, but once this currency goes from the sort of unregulated, wild-west, anyone can grab a piece place it is now to the blood-sucking world of Wall St., aren't the plebs going to get the shaft?

What?
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:00 pm

SouthSideRyan wrote:
Derwood wrote:https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/15/bitcoin-futures-are-about-to-get-another-big-boost.html

What?

How will the trading of BitCoin futures affect all the people who have been riding the wave so far?
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:12 am

I watched that banking on bitcoin thing on the Netflix, and I now understand bitcoin even less somehow
2 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:30 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:I watched that banking on bitcoin thing on the Netflix, and I now understand bitcoin even less somehow

Perhaps this will help:

0 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:08 pm

Derwood wrote:
SouthSideRyan wrote:

What?

How will the trading of BitCoin futures affect all the people who have been riding the wave so far?

There's more stability (though certainly not what I would call stable) given that its futures contract is on a regulated exchange.

Your comment about blood sucking Wall Street and plebs getting the shaft doesn't make any sense. There are easier entry points to the market now and if the plebs are truly knowledgeable about their product then it can only be a good thing to have mor market participants and by extension greater volume. If they're 4chan losers hyping bitcoin to fight the power then they'll have no clue what theyr doing and hopefully lose everything.
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

Bote McBoteface
All-Star

Postby Bote McBoteface » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:48 pm

I know that cryptocurrency is dumb but I have kinda taken a decently sized investment and tripled it in ~3 weeks.
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:05 am

I’m going to def take a pretty hard look at some put options on Monday in my TD account (I’m guessing they will be pretty expensive kinda like Tesla since there’s some strong haters and strong fan boys and I probably won’t buy any but if they are priced right I am going to dabble).
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:49 am

SouthSideRyan wrote:If they're 4chan losers hyping bitcoin to fight the power then they'll have no clue what theyr doing and hopefully lose everything.

To be fair, that's how you look at the the rest of us 99% on the regular.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:32 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:I watched that banking on bitcoin thing on the Netflix, and I now understand bitcoin even less somehow

1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:35 pm

i so badly wish that had been real
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:06 pm

David wrote:i so badly wish that had been real

Me too, dammit.
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:27 am

Currently a bloodbath going on in cryptos. Bitcoin is down ~40% this week, 25% today/last few hours and is in the 12,000s, Litecoin is also down 30% after it's "founder" sold all his shares/coins. With the timing of this big drop when people start waking up in North America this might just be the beginning of the crash.
Last edited by Cubswin11 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

NonProfitCow
All-Star

Postby NonProfitCow » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:37 am

Well I am just absolutely shocked.
1 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:48 am

My Dickcoin still goin strong
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:07 pm

0 x

Bote McBoteface
All-Star

Postby Bote McBoteface » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:37 pm

bitcoin/litecoin didnt crash for long.
0 x

Thrilho
Starter

Postby Thrilho » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:06 pm

Ok, so we're seeing now why I made a thread called "stocks" and not "bitcoin." Figured I'd revisit the post I made a month ago, on Nov 22. Namaste was at .37 then and it finished out today's trading at 2.10. Tidy 467% profit in a month for anyone who took the plunge. Tinley Beverage was at .49 and finished today at 1.02. Abcann and WeedMD are both about level, up ~.05. Can't win em all, but even those I didn't feel that strongly about, more just wanted to note them as big movers of the day.

I do have a couple other ones now that I like though so figured I'd post them.

First one is a company called Body and Mind Inc (BMMJ). They're a Canadian weed company that also makes oils, extracts, and edibles but they have a foothold in California. A Nevada company called Friday Night Inc (TGIF) acquired them a on Wednesday night for an all stock deal where shareholders of Body and Mind will get 115M shares of TGIF.

The website below can give you a better sell on TGIF, but they're in pretty good shape from what I can tell., with a solid head start in Vegas, an extensive product line, decent cash position, about 800K in revenue per month in their first issued 10Q, and what appears to be a solid management team. They're working on a 130,000 sq foot production facility. The market liked their financials plenty, as their stock got a 30% bump on 12/20 when they released their first 10Q.

http://fridaynightinc.com/

But the biggest reason I'm posting is that it seems like there's a decent arbitrage opportunity with BMMJ. Someone more familiar with markets feel free to correct my math, but it doesn't seem like their stock has gotten the bump it should have. According to the second link below, each BMMJ shareholder is going to get about 2.4 shares of TGIF when the deal goes through on 3/31/18. TGIF closed today at .95, which means that BMMJ should be worth about 2.28. But somehow it seems like the market hasn't caught on and it's only trading at 1.50.

Initial news release laying out benefits of deal: https://globenewswire.com/news-release/ ... llion.html
Clarification of value of deal to BMMJ: https://globenewswire.com/news-release/ ... t-Inc.html

I've picked up a bunch already but there's enough risk in the US right now (given they've let the 12/22 deadline to extend Rohrbacher-Blumenauer amendment pass) that I've bought my fill so thought I'd throw it out here. California rec is only like a week away and any company connected with it is probably going to start going nuts (see Tinley) as long as Sessions doesn't flip the table over.

The other company is CV Sciences. They're one of the top CBD companies in the US right now. Solid financials if you ask me, and they've got a bunch of products. Their PlusCBD brand is all over my local CBD shelves and it seems branded in a way that your corner drug store would carry. Looks like medicine. Stock closed today at .40, and I think their $36M market cap is way undervalued. Revenue of $5.5M last quarter, which about the same as a lot of the Canadian weed companies that are valued like 20X that market cap. Solid stock price growth, solid volume, haven't had a big pop yet. They've been running up against a .42 wall the last week but once they break that it could run a bit.
Last edited by Thrilho on Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Thrilho
Starter

Postby Thrilho » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:12 pm

Oh and for anyone who wants to get into the weed stock game but wants some risk mitigation, there's an ETF called Horizon Marijuana Life Company (HMLSF). Like a mutual fund of weed stocks, although they're fairly diversified. Like they just added Inmed (the biopharma company I talked about a few posts ago) in their quarterly review last week.

It's leveled out a bit the last couple weeks but it was at 7.50 in mid November and closed today at 12.42. That's a pretty good gain for the risk mitigation it provides. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it double by next July (Canadian legalization).
0 x

javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie

Postby javy knows my name » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:27 am

What the horsefeathers is your deal, man?
1 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

Return to “Social”