Food Monstrosities

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70503
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5882
x 7873

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Not necessarily a food monstrosity, but I was reading about some of the newer brands of healthier ice creams (low calories, high protein, etc., etc.) and the two brands that seem to be getting the most attention/praise are Enlightened and Halo Top. Has anyone here actually tried either brand? The nutritional stats for both seem too good to be true if they actually can hit that ice cream fix.
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56323
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1553
x 5049

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:42 pm

Halo Top? That stuff is so f***ing good




3 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63790
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 2912
x 3109

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby Banedon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:48 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Not necessarily a food monstrosity, but I was reading about some of the newer brands of healthier ice creams (low calories, high protein, etc., etc.) and the two brands that seem to be getting the most attention/praise are Enlightened and Halo Top. Has anyone here actually tried either brand? The nutritional stats for both seem too good to be true if they actually can hit that ice cream fix.


Hmmm, I've been going with skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, but these seem like a better option than my Half Baked Ben and Jerry's cravings.
0 x
Image

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58388
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5659
x 3421

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby David » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:58 pm

Most halo top flavor I've tried have been good to great. Avoid the cake one though. Awful.
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70503
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5882
x 7873

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:01 pm

Banedon wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Not necessarily a food monstrosity, but I was reading about some of the newer brands of healthier ice creams (low calories, high protein, etc., etc.) and the two brands that seem to be getting the most attention/praise are Enlightened and Halo Top. Has anyone here actually tried either brand? The nutritional stats for both seem too good to be true if they actually can hit that ice cream fix.


Hmmm, I've been going with skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, but these seem like a better option than my Half Baked Ben and Jerry's cravings.


Yeah, I've always liked the Skinny Cow bars/pops/sammiches, but sometimes you just have that craving for a pint of ice cream. Mainly I'm intrigued with how these work as good high protein/low calorie snacks to have sometimes after working out; if they actually taste OK, I'm all in.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70503
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5882
x 7873

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:02 pm

David wrote:Most halo top flavor I've tried have been good to great. Avoid the cake one though. Awful.


That's funny; almost all of the reviews I've read seem to end up raving about the birthday cake one most of all. Mocha seems to be the most consistently disliked.
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63790
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 2912
x 3109

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby Banedon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:sometimes you just have that craving for a pint of ice cream.


Buddy don't I know it.

Glad you brought this up...I'm gonna give these a whirl.
1 x
Image

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58388
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5659
x 3421

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby David » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:04 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
David wrote:Most halo top flavor I've tried have been good to great. Avoid the cake one though. Awful.


That's funny; almost all of the reviews I've read seem to end up raving about the birthday cake one most of all. Mocha seems to be the most consistently disliked.


I don't know if I got a bad batch or what, but the consistency was really strange and it tasted gross.
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56323
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1553
x 5049

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:07 pm

seriously though, GTFO with these "healthy ice cream" discussions
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Butterscup
Hall of Fame
Posts: 31412
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:25 am
x 1
x 298

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby Butterscup » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:37 pm

technically, healthy ice cream is a "food monstrosity"
4 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63790
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 2912
x 3109

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby Banedon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:20 pm

Well, I got some Halo Top Cookie Dough ice cream last night...and it was boring.
0 x
Image

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 14830
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 223
x 297

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:43 pm

wekse wrote:Arby's Meat Mountain - 1030 calories

Image


Why the cheese
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70503
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5882
x 7873

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:12 pm

Banedon wrote:Well, I got some Halo Top Cookie Dough ice cream last night...and it was boring.


Cookie dough is delicious...but isn't it kinda always boring?
0 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58388
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5659
x 3421

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby David » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:34 pm

Banedon wrote:Well, I got some Halo Top Cookie Dough ice cream last night...and it was boring.


really? i love it.

smores is even better though.
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 1885
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 258
x 394

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby Brian707 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:44 pm

Police called to a local Taco Bell because they ran out of mild sauce.

Who doesn't keep extra sauce handy in case they are out of sauce or you forget to ask for sauce at the window?

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news ... mild-sauce
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70503
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5882
x 7873

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:55 pm

People who want mild hot sauce or salsa are always monsters anyway.
4 x

User avatar
NonProfitCow
All-Star
Posts: 4250
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:15 am
x 59
x 192

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby NonProfitCow » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:15 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:People who want mild hot sauce or salsa are always monsters anyway.

fire sauce 4life
5 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70503
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5882
x 7873

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:21 pm

Image
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 11125
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1175
x 374

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:35 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:People who want mild hot sauce or salsa are always monsters anyway.

Yea, that is definitely the most upsetting part of the story to me.
1 x
Image

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 64936
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 471
x 1150

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby Derwood » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:21 pm

Image
0 x

User avatar
philosophizer75
Starter
Posts: 960
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 4:45 am
Location: Maryland
x 44
x 166

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby philosophizer75 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:51 pm

Mcgangbang's are great. You get a mcdouble and a mcChicken, used to be both off the dollar menu, but now it's from the mc-pick 2 for 2.50.

You separate the mcdouble inbetween the two burger patties and insert the entire mcChicken, bun and all. Put the top half of the mcdouble back on and voila, a mcgangbang.

I mean it's disgusting, but it's great. For 2-3 bucks.
0 x
\:D/ wubalubaCUBCUB! \:D/

When Schwarber wins the WS with a big fat dong and uses his bat to club to death every player on the other team and half their fans, I expect every one of these talking heads to defend him. -yanrslatr

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 11125
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1175
x 374

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:34 am

philosophizer75 wrote:Mcgangbang's are great. You get a mcdouble and a mcChicken, used to be both off the dollar menu, but now it's from the mc-pick 2 for 2.50.

You separate the mcdouble inbetween the two burger patties and insert the entire mcChicken, bun and all. Put the top half of the mcdouble back on and voila, a mcgangbang.

I mean it's disgusting, but it's great. For 2-3 bucks.

Youre McPick 2 is 2.50?!?

McPick 2 for 3
0 x
Image

User avatar
philosophizer75
Starter
Posts: 960
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 4:45 am
Location: Maryland
x 44
x 166

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby philosophizer75 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:12 am

There's two mcpick 2's around here:

2 for 2.50 with a selection of:
-mcChicken
-mcdouble
-6piece nuggets
-small fries

And 2 for 5 with a selection of:
- Triple Cheeseburger
- Quarter Pounder with Cheese
- Filet-O-Fish
- 10-piece Chicken McNuggets
0 x
\:D/ wubalubaCUBCUB! \:D/

When Schwarber wins the WS with a big fat dong and uses his bat to club to death every player on the other team and half their fans, I expect every one of these talking heads to defend him. -yanrslatr

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 1885
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 258
x 394

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby Brian707 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:48 pm

philosophizer75 wrote:There's two mcpick 2's around here:


- Triple Cheeseburger



Damn, I loved those. Can't get them by me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEZk_E9KUjw
0 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58388
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5659
x 3421

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby David » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:37 pm



i guess that new fancy taco bell cantina on the strip aint so fancy
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sammy Sofa and 3 guests