Food Monstrosities

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Re: Food Monstrosities

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:24 pm

this thread is great

"THE DISGUSTING horsefeathers FOOD I LIKE IS BETTER THAN THE DISGUSTING horsefeathers FOOD YOU LIKE"
0 x

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:26 pm

Popeyes>>>>KFC>Browns

I used to like Church's chicken as a kid, found one in Florida a year ago and it tastes very mediocre
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:42 pm

this unspeakable love for Popeyes is mind bogglin
0 x

MarkR
Starter

Postby MarkR » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:38 am

Andy wrote:The waffle fries are great, but I'm definitely with the 'fries should never rank above a good entree' camp.

If Five Guys burgers are being included (which is a bit of an unfair comparison), they pretty much have to be #1.

Cheesy Gordita Crunch is too low, IMO. That's my favorite single item on the Taco Bell menu.

I think Five Guys is highly overrated. Give me Smashburger everyday of the week.
0 x

EPCub4
Role Player

Postby EPCub4 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:22 am

The Logan wrote:It was better when it had Baja Sauce on it, but they discontinued Baja Sauce like a bunch of buttholes and replaced it with "spicy ranch" or whatever they're calling it now.

My friend was in a meeting with the guy that runs several of the Taco Bells in and around Peoria. The meeting was about something boring like zoning ordinances, but my friend took the chance to gripe to him about Taco Bell discontinuing Baja Sauce. The guy made a note, followed up with an email and vowed to say something to his superior. I'd like to think that's single-handedly going to bring back Baja Sauce. But he probably thinks the guy in the meeting in Peoria is super weird about Baja Sauce.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:19 am

MarkR wrote:
Andy wrote:The waffle fries are great, but I'm definitely with the 'fries should never rank above a good entree' camp.

If Five Guys burgers are being included (which is a bit of an unfair comparison), they pretty much have to be #1.

Cheesy Gordita Crunch is too low, IMO. That's my favorite single item on the Taco Bell menu.

I think Five Guys is highly overrated. Give me Smashburger everyday of the week.

Smashburger's Spicy Baja burger rules
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:58 am

EPCub4 wrote:
The Logan wrote:It was better when it had Baja Sauce on it, but they discontinued Baja Sauce like a bunch of buttholes and replaced it with "spicy ranch" or whatever they're calling it now.

My friend was in a meeting with the guy that runs several of the Taco Bells in and around Peoria. The meeting was about something boring like zoning ordinances, but my friend took the chance to gripe to him about Taco Bell discontinuing Baja Sauce. The guy made a note, followed up with an email and vowed to say something to his superior. I'd like to think that's single-handedly going to bring back Baja Sauce. But he probably thinks the guy in the meeting in Peoria is super weird about Baja Sauce.

i don't really know what this baja sauce is, but this reminds me that i'm still mad at mcdonalds for discontinuing the hot mustard nugget sauce. i'm a big fan of double dipping it with the bbq
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

soccer10k
Hall of Fame

Postby soccer10k » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:38 am

MarkR wrote:

I never go to Five Guys because of how much more expensive their stuff is. If I'm going to pay almost $15 for a burger and fries, I'll just go to a restaurant and get a real burger.
0 x
In Theo we trust.

ImageImage

MarkR
Starter

Postby MarkR » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:11 am

soccer10k wrote:
MarkR wrote:

I never go to Five Guys because of how much more expensive their stuff is. If I'm going to pay almost $15 for a burger and fries, I'll just go to a restaurant and get a real burger.

I went to Shake Shack here in Seoul and couldn't believe that it cost me 20 bucks for a burger, cheese fry, and shake. That's insane.

But I will go back.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:02 pm

MarkR wrote:

The Smashburger in town closed at the start of the year with no warning. It was a sad day.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:39 pm

Wth is a smash burger
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:55 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:Wth is a smash burger

Meh, I've never been to an In and Out or Five Guys. Turns out all franchises aren't everywhere.
0 x

Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:11 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:Wth is a smash burger

It's like Five Guys but with good fries.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Are McDonalds still the best place for frys?
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:53 pm

In-n-Out is terrific. Five Guys (the food) makes me horsefeathers and vomit all over
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:45 pm

Fives Guys used to be phenomenal, but too much franchising jacked up the prices and made them seemingly scrimp on the quality of their ingredients. Something especially went wrong with the fires, because those things used to be amazing and they're now all dry and bland.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:49 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:Five Guys (the food) makes me horsefeathers and vomit all over

That's not an MP, that's a YP.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:58 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Fives Guys used to be phenomenal, but too much franchising jacked up the prices and made them seemingly scrimp on the quality of their ingredients. Something especially went wrong with the fires, because those things used to be amazing and they're now all dry and bland.

Wait, what?

Franchising jacked up the prices?
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:33 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Fives Guys used to be phenomenal, but too much franchising jacked up the prices and made them seemingly scrimp on the quality of their ingredients. Something especially went wrong with the fires, because those things used to be amazing and they're now all dry and bland.

Wait, what?

I have no idea; I just know as they've spread to more states their prices have risen drastically. When they were mostly a local VA/DMV-area chain their prices were much more reasonable. Once I started encountering them in more and more states, the prices had gone up. By the time they showed up in Chicago, the cost for a meal had leapfrogged from what it had been. I mean, there's inflation, and then there's whatever happened to Five Guys.
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:43 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Ding Dong Johnson wrote:Five Guys (the food) makes me horsefeathers and vomit all over

That's not an MP, that's a YP.

MP is YP
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:52 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

Wait, what?

I have no idea; I just know as they've spread to more states their prices have risen drastically. When they were mostly a local VA/DMV-area chain their prices were much more reasonable. Once I started encountering them in more and more states, the prices had gone up. By the time they showed up in Chicago, the cost for a meal had leapfrogged from what it had been. I mean, there's inflation, and then there's whatever happened to Five Guys.

I'm pretty sure that's just success and increasing demand. The "fast casual" concept was thriving and they were able to charge more without losing customers.

We got one a few years ago and it did pretty well but they eventually shut down due to the insane rents on the main street in town.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:59 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:I'm pretty sure that's just success and increasing demand. The "fast casual" concept was thriving and they were able to charge more without losing customers.

Right, but the quality of the food, IMO, noticeably worsened, too. They also got real stingy with the fries, though as bad as that's become it's not necessarily a bad thing.

The one in Evanston closed, too, and two longstanding ones near me here in their homebase of Northern VA.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:07 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:I'm pretty sure that's just success and increasing demand. The "fast casual" concept was thriving and they were able to charge more without losing customers.

Right, but the quality of the food, IMO, noticeably worsened, too. They also got real stingy with the fries, though as bad as that's become it's not necessarily a bad thing.

The one in Evanston closed, too, and two longstanding ones near me here in their homebase of Northern VA.

Chalk up another victim for the millennials.
http://www.businessinsider.com/millenni ... uys-2015-3
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:10 pm

Hey, they ain't wrong.

It's a shame; Five Guys of 10-15 years ago was epic.
0 x

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:19 pm

Meatheads> Five Guys

They are expensive like Five Guys but you get more options for your burger.

http://www.meatheadsburgers.com/
1 x

Return to “Social”