Feel good news thread

Banedon
Curse You!

Feel good news thread

Postby Banedon » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:23 pm

We have a lot of threads here about the worst things. We need at least one (ok two if you count the dog thread) about good things.

This whole thread is wonderful.

9 x

biittner77
Superstar

Re: Feel good news thread

Postby biittner77 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:12 pm

Not sure if this qualifies as good news but here goes.

As a teacher, I learned early on that every year is different. Last year was pretty challenging and I was really glad when it finally ended. This year has been one of the best of my 20 year career! I feel rejuvenated and like I'm actually making a difference.
12 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:21 pm

biittner77 wrote:Not sure if this qualifies as good news but here goes.

As a teacher, I learned early on that every year is different. Last year was pretty challenging and I was really glad when it finally ended. This year has been one of the best of my 20 year career! I feel rejuvenated and like I'm actually making a difference.

Any positivity counts, imo.
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:04 am

7 x
Screw Pitchers

Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:37 am

what in tarnation
0 x

weis21
5-Time All-Star

Postby weis21 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:04 am

Found the culprit

1 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:45 pm

I quit smoking 4 years ago today.
13 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:49 pm

I had skin cancer this year and now I don't.
24 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:53 pm

I've got an 18 day old kid
13 x

JennieGarthAlgar
All-Star

Postby JennieGarthAlgar » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:48 pm

I made my final car payment yesterday!! Long story short: I work a lot at a job that doesnt pay enough and I'm in the middle of renovating a crappy old house that I bought 2 years ago, and the bills for those projects are piling up. I share custody of my 8 year old with my ex, who is remarried to a financial planner, expecting a child in March and closing on a home that dwarfs mine and was built at least a hundred years after. Our son is active in sports year-round, just joined Scouts a month ago, and now will need braces in January, all coming with bills that my ex and I split. I have him for Christmas Eve & Morning this year, and Im really excited for that since I didnt have him last year and I can feel like the magic of the holiday is fading with him, so Ive done something incredibly unlike myself and already have done all of the shopping for him, spending way too much. I hated Christmas last year knowing Id be alone, but this year is completely opposite of that.. I want him to believe in Santa one last time... anyway, life has been pretty tough on me the past 3 years or so to say the horsefeathering least.. but knowing I can save an extra $250 every month now has me so much more optimistic for the future than I was even 3 months ago.

Thanks for letting me vent, feels good.
19 x

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:00 pm

I became a self sufficient freelancer for the first time in my life and moved in with my girlfriend, which happens to be the longest relationship that I've ever had.
11 x

weis21
5-Time All-Star

Postby weis21 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:20 pm

I get to read NSBB everyday
1 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:20 pm

after losing our 1st house in S. MPLS due having to move across the country to the Seattle area in 2009, I began watching the housing market in Puget Sound explode to the point that I was sure we would never buy here. In desperation I begged our landlord to sell the house, the one we had rented since our move here, to us. He said no and that was frustrating.

Then he talked to his wife and decided to sell it to us for $75k under market value AND act as the bank financing it at 4% - his idea.

2019 hasn't been allll bad, we own a house in one of the few traditionally scaled Puget Sound neighborhoods left, and we basically fleeced our way into buying it. My former landlord (and now bank) is a horsefeathering rock star imo.
11 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:15 am

My wife has had a series of digestive-tract issues that culminated in having a section of her intestines lopped off a week ago. Since May or so, today was the first day I can recall where she wasn't in visibly-obvious pain.

14 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Sammys Boombox
Formerly eb14play2

Postby Sammys Boombox » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:29 pm

For years I’ve had an intense itch that we didn’t know the reason for. Many things could trigger it, but cold and wet were the worst triggers. Last year we found out it was due to Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Beat that last year.

This year it has just been nice to feel normal again for a long period of time. Getting to do a lot of winter type activities like hunting and hockey feels great.
16 x
CUBS PACKERS MIZZOU

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:23 pm

The 2019 Hater’s Guide to the Williams-Sonoma Catalog arrived on time this year:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qjd4 ... ma-catalog
0 x

Bote McBoteface
All-Star

Postby Bote McBoteface » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Sammys Boombox wrote:For years I’ve had an intense itch that we didn’t know the reason for. Many things could trigger it, but cold and wet were the worst triggers. Last year we found out it was due to Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Beat that last year.

This year it has just been nice to feel normal again for a long period of time. Getting to do a lot of winter type activities like hunting and hockey feels great.

I’m currently bracing for a Lymphoma diagnosis. Theye gonna take the lymph node completely out of my left armpit and biopsy it. And, when they do, its almost certainly gonna show lymphoma. Not fun. glad to hear that you beat it and are doing well.
0 x

Sammys Boombox
Formerly eb14play2

Postby Sammys Boombox » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:49 pm

Bote McBoteface wrote:
Sammys Boombox wrote:For years I’ve had an intense itch that we didn’t know the reason for. Many things could trigger it, but cold and wet were the worst triggers. Last year we found out it was due to Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Beat that last year.

I’m currently bracing for a Lymphoma diagnosis. Theye gonna take the lymph node completely out of my left armpit and biopsy it. And, when they do, its almost certainly gonna show lymphoma. Not fun. glad to hear that you beat it and are doing well.

Let me know if you have any questions. My main piece of advice is to be aware of what’s important for you to know, but try not to dwell on all of the bad things that could happen because the vast majority of them will not happen. You’ll read about side effects of treatment or some stuff about symptoms that are scary, but most people only experience a couple of those issues. For me the worrying about things that could happen was worse than dealing with the things that actually happened.

I felt better during chemo and radiation than I felt before because the side effects of the treatment were much less annoying/painful than the symptoms I had at diagnosis.
1 x
CUBS PACKERS MIZZOU

Bote McBoteface
All-Star

Postby Bote McBoteface » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:39 am

Sammys Boombox wrote:
Bote McBoteface wrote:

Let me know if you have any questions. My main piece of advice is to be aware of what’s important for you to know, but try not to dwell on all of the bad things that could happen because the vast majority of them will not happen. You’ll read about side effects of treatment or some stuff about symptoms that are scary, but most people only experience a couple of those issues. For me the worrying about things that could happen was worse than dealing with the things that actually happened.

I felt better during chemo and radiation than I felt before because the side effects of the treatment were much less annoying/painful than the symptoms I had at diagnosis.

Thanks for the advice, I’m guessing that when I do get the diagnosis, I’ll end up having a lot of questions. Its good to know someone who’s been through it that I can reach out to. Right now, Im pretty calm about it. When they were just generally checking for cancer, I was freaking out. Now that we’ve narrowed it down to one specific disease Im feeling better.

Im expecting chemo to hit me hard, because Im currently completely asymptomatic. But whatever, I just wanna get this whole experience in my rear view mirror as fast as I can.
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:44 am

Bote McBoteface wrote:
Sammys Boombox wrote:
Bote McBoteface wrote:

Thanks for the advice, I’m guessing that when I do get the diagnosis, I’ll end up having a lot of questions. Its good to know someone who’s been through it that I can reach out to. Right now, Im pretty calm about it. When they were just generally checking for cancer, I was freaking out. Now that we’ve narrowed it down to one specific disease Im feeling better.

Im expecting chemo to hit me hard, because Im currently completely asymptomatic. But whatever, I just wanna get this whole experience in my rear view mirror as fast as I can.

Yeah, with the last couple of big health scares/issues I've had, I found I quickly got to the point where I WANTED to know what was wrong or what test results were going to be, because it helped me focus on what it was and what needed to happen. Not knowing just made things worse and more stressful.
3 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:47 pm

I started the year with 12 employees and I now have 35. We are providing therapy services for children with Autism in homes, at schools, and at the clinic. It's been a very good year and the family we serve have the best therapists.
12 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:21 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:The 2019 Hater’s Guide to the Williams-Sonoma Catalog arrived on time this year:

Did not disappoint. Now smeone show me the hopefully catering deadspin clicks to really get me in the Holiday spirit.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:30 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:The 2019 Hater’s Guide to the Williams-Sonoma Catalog arrived on time this year:

Did not disappoint. Now smeone show me the hopefully catering deadspin clicks to really get me in the Holiday spirit.

Clicks about serving food to large groups of people, or cratering?

There's also this:
2 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:37 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:

Did not disappoint.

I will admit, WS is selling an R2-D2 Instant Pot that I would buy in a damn second if I didn't have an IP already. Though it is "only" $100 instead of the $678.99 one might expect.
0 x

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:28 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:

Did not disappoint.

I will admit, WS is selling an R2-D2 Instant Pot that I would buy in a damn second if I didn't have an IP already. Though it is "only" $100 instead of the $678.99 one might expect.

It pairs well with the baby yoda juicer.
2 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

Return to “Social”