CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:06 pm

UMFan83 wrote:Italy just placed the entire country on lockdown

the pasta shelves are empty!

3 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:16 pm

Here's a solid tracker to use to keep with where the tested US cases are showing up:

*THE MILK'S GONE BAD!!!!*
Last edited by Sammy Sofa on Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:32 pm

5 x
Win it for Fred

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:52 pm

UMFan83 wrote:https://twitter.com/elistokols/status/1237107093548740608?s=21

It's just so usable these days...

0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:53 pm

UMFan83 wrote:https://twitter.com/elistokols/status/1237107093548740608?s=21

He should’ve worn his gas mask on the plane

And at CPAC
0 x

Sosa21MVP
5-Time All-Star

Postby Sosa21MVP » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:13 pm

New case in Noble County, Indiana. About 30 minutes away from me.

My employer now has some folks in the 14 day work-from-home jail from attending a business conference out east. Nobody from my particular office, as far as I am aware.

Neat.
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:00 am

weis21 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
JennieGarthAlgar wrote:I really dont understand the point of banning users if they are just allowed to come back and say stupid horsefeathers. Like I know im a nobody in the scheme of things here but it really makes me not want to visit as much knowing this nonsense is allowed, but whatever.

pre-banning meltdowns from the whackos are the most entertaining part of the board

this is where I land, too. plus, the mods probably don't know how to ban a poster while simultaneously being able to defend the non-banning of IMB

Mainly, though, I think i just miss CubbieBum and wish he was still here.

wait a second what do i have to do with this
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:36 am

big ball chunky time wrote:
weis21 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:pre-banning meltdowns from the whackos are the most entertaining part of the board

this is where I land, too. plus, the mods probably don't know how to ban a poster while simultaneously being able to defend the non-banning of IMB

Mainly, though, I think i just miss CubbieBum and wish he was still here.

wait a second what do i have to do with this

He's saying you set the toleration bar for verbal abuse, so the bar is set high.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

weis21
5-Time All-Star

Postby weis21 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:10 am

Yeah it was just tongue in cheek and I was just joking around. I don’t want anyone banned tbh
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:55 pm

With each day, South Korea is showing how this can be managed:

https://www.cdc.go.kr/html/a3/namoimage ... 7AH9EN.png

The response doesn't need to be nearly as draconian as China, but top-down action needs to happen to ensure as much testing as possible, and propagating realistic self-isolation and social separation as much as possible, too. This makes it abundantly clear that this approach does work.
4 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:59 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:With each day, South Korea is showing how this can be managed:

The response doesn't need to be nearly as draconian as China, but top-down action needs to happen to ensure as much testing as possible, and propagating realistic self-isolation and social separation as much as possible, too. This makes it abundantly clear that this approach does work.

If this wasn't a leap year they'd have solved it so much quicker
2 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:03 pm

Those numbers almost seem too good to be true. Pretty cool.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:31 pm

Is there a link to an actual article/analysis rather than just the image link?
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:34 pm

Hopefully the x% of 'Murica who believes this is all a hoax , or this is just simply overblown unserious matter, just form a commune and hang together during all of this. But yeah, lack of social cohesion makes me gaze with wonder at those South Korea numbers. I have my doubts about how it works for us here.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:41 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:

Is there a link to an actual article/analysis rather than just the image link?

Nope. Just the image linked from the SK CDC.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:44 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:Hopefully the x% of 'Murica who believes this is all a hoax , or this is just simply overblown unserious matter, just form a commune and hang together during all of this. But yeah, lack of social cohesion makes me gaze with wonder at those South Korea numbers. I have my doubts about how it works for us here.

I don't even think it's so much a cultural or mindset thing; it really just boils down to being able to test fast and test often. If we had less insane WH right now, the military could be used to coordinate with the CDC and FEMA and local authorities and medical professionals to effectively set up field hospital-like facilities to process SK-style drive-thru/curbside testing. Then you catch more people who have the less symptomatic version, can direct them to isolate for 2 weeks, and then contact trace at their school or work or house apartment building, etc. and do the same.
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:56 pm

Much smaller sample size, but Iran has had 4 days of consecutive drops, too:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/iran/

If that continues, and we end up seeing the same relatively soon with Italy now that they're taking action, it should be smash a chair over the head-obvious the kind of responses that need to be taken here to control this.
0 x

Chocolate Milk
5-Time All-Star

Postby Chocolate Milk » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:02 pm

Well, this has proven my company's "Business Continuity Plan" was theatre. Like many companies, the plan here is that everyone works from home with their own personal devices. Only now are they realizing that many people either 1) don't have a device or place at home where they can work effectively for a long period of time and 2) many people share devices with family or spouses who also may be required to work from home and 3) we don't have the technological capacity to have a 100% remote workforce.

Apparently completely outsourcing the continued operation of the company to your underpaid workforce is a great plan, until it isn't.
4 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:08 pm

i wonder what our curve would look like, given population size, in terms of how wide it would be
0 x

wekse
5-Time All-Star

Postby wekse » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:11 pm

Chocolate Milk wrote:Well, this has proven my company's "Business Continuity Plan" was theatre. Like many companies, the plan here is that everyone works from home with their own personal devices. Only now are they realizing that many people either 1) don't have a device or place at home where they can work effectively for a long period of time and 2) many people share devices with family or spouses who also may be required to work from home and 3) we don't have the technological capacity to have a 100% remote workforce.

Apparently completely outsourcing the continued operation of the company to your underpaid workforce is a great plan, until it isn't.

We have ran into this issue at my company as well.
1 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:15 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
CyHawk_Cub wrote:Hopefully the x% of 'Murica who believes this is all a hoax , or this is just simply overblown unserious matter, just form a commune and hang together during all of this. But yeah, lack of social cohesion makes me gaze with wonder at those South Korea numbers. I have my doubts about how it works for us here.

I don't even think it's so much a cultural or mindset thing; it really just boils down to being able to test fast and test often. If we had less insane WH right now, the military could be used to coordinate with the CDC and FEMA and local authorities and medical professionals to effectively set up field hospital-like facilities to process SK-style drive-thru/curbside testing. Then you catch more people who have the less symptomatic version, can direct them to isolate for 2 weeks, and then contact trace at their school or work or house apartment building, etc. and do the same.

These drive through virus check stations have given me an idea. An idea I shall keep to myself until I am a millionaire
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:28 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

These drive through virus check stations have given me an idea. An idea I shall keep to myself until I am a millionaire

It's standing on the side of the road with a piece of cardboard that says "SPIT ON ME!!!!" isn't it?
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:31 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

It's standing on the side of the road with a piece of cardboard that says "SPIT ON ME!!!!" isn't it?

only if you come with, and the arrow points at you
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:33 pm

but seriously, why don't we have ADM (automatic doctor machines) that simply take your temperature and maybe blood sample from your car, no human contact needed?
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:34 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:but seriously, why don't we have ADM (automatic doctor machines) that simply take your...blood sample from your car, no human contact needed?

What horsefeathering Cronenberg-ian nightmare is this, you monster?!?
0 x

Return to “Social”