CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

Re: CDC Info on COVID-19 (Corona virus)

Postby NOLA » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:15 pm

I really don't get it fully, but things are steadily getting better here as the city has opened up more and more. Restaurants have been open for months, bars are open at 25% capacity indoors (100% outdoors), yet we continue to sit under 5% after a terrible Spring. This is with tons of idiots without masks on Bourbon Street every weekend. True, almost all of these people are tourists, so maybe they take it back home with them. We seem to be going in the opposite direction of the rest of the country, which seems nuts for a tourist town.
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:32 pm

I got tested yesterday and it came back positive. I feel about like how I imagined I would. Lots of chills, headaches, body aches and congestion. Im afraid, not of the virus, but of having to spend the next couple weeks cooped up in the house with my family again 24/7.
2 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:38 pm

big ball chunky time wrote:I got tested yesterday and it came back positive. I feel about like how I imagined I would. Lots of chills, headaches, body aches and congestion. Im afraid, not of the virus, but of having to spend the next couple weeks cooped up in the house with my family again 24/7.

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon dude.
4 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:40 pm

big ball chunky time wrote:I got tested yesterday and it came back positive. I feel about like how I imagined I would. Lots of chills, headaches, body aches and congestion. Im afraid, not of the virus, but of having to spend the next couple weeks cooped up in the house with my family again 24/7.

Feel better! It sucks, I hate to say it but I imagine it's only a matter of time before I get it. It's everywhere right now. Hope its not a bad case
0 x
Win it for Fred

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:48 pm

Sorry to hear that man. Any idea where you might've gotten it?
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:50 pm

My brother in law is an ER doctor here in Jackson and he said he received a corporate email that they'll be receiving the vaccine in 2-4 weeks to be administered to health care workers and first responders.
3 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:02 pm

This virus is horsefeathering weird. 2 BILs but my sisters and nieces/nephew are clear, a couple cousins but the rest of their households are all fine. My daughter has been exposed at work to several who have tested positive, and she's tested negative 4 or 5 times. She had her blood drawn and was negative for antibodies too.
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:03 pm

Getting tested today as I'm waiting in line as I type, sent home from work today with cold like symptoms as well as pink eye. Hopefully, it's a cold as it feels like one plus shortness of breath. I still have some sense of taste and smell but it's diminished.

Dylan, hope you're ok.
0 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:04 pm

Banedon wrote:

my wife is a teacher and our kids are back in school so that has to be it. There have been some teachers and parents test positive. Even though my wife tested negative so i really dont know. We're still doing grocery pickup to avoid going indoors and stuff. Im working from home. I have no idea. im sure the contact tracers will hate me
1 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:08 pm

big ball chunky time wrote:
Banedon wrote:

my wife is a teacher and our kids are back in school so that has to be it. There have been some teachers and parents test positive. Even though my wife tested negative so i really dont know. We're still doing grocery pickup to avoid going indoors and stuff. Im working from home. I have no idea. im sure the contact tracers will hate me

When is the last time you covered a Trump rally and or supporter?
0 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:37 pm

OleMissCub wrote:My brother in law is an ER doctor here in Jackson and he said he received a corporate email that they'll be receiving the vaccine in 2-4 weeks to be administered to health care workers and first responders.

Brother's girlfriend is a surgeon and was telling me that she (and co-workers) are pretty worried because it sounds like they'll be the first to receive the vaccine and that it will be more or less mandatory, and she thinks it's almost like a guinea pig situation. I know they've done plenty of testing, but also know this is kinda record time to get something like this out to the public. Any real cause for concern?
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:39 pm

This is something new...

0 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:52 pm

squally1313 wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:My brother in law is an ER doctor here in Jackson and he said he received a corporate email that they'll be receiving the vaccine in 2-4 weeks to be administered to health care workers and first responders.

Brother's girlfriend is a surgeon and was telling me that she (and co-workers) are pretty worried because it sounds like they'll be the first to receive the vaccine and that it will be more or less mandatory, and she thinks it's almost like a guinea pig situation. I know they've done plenty of testing, but also know this is kinda record time to get something like this out to the public. Any real cause for concern?

i mean, i'd be lined up now if it were available. they've been testing on tens of thousands of people. and if i were a health care worker i would be even more eager to get it.

i have zero concerns about overall safety (early side effects might suck though), but i'm just a random dude.
4 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:01 pm

David wrote:
squally1313 wrote:

i mean, i'd be lined up now if it were available. they've been testing on tens of thousands of people. and if i were a health care worker i would be even more eager to get it.

i have zero concerns about overall safety (early side effects might suck though), but i'm just a random dude.

I think random dudes are the perfect type of person to get inoculated early.
2 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Bertz
All-Star

Postby Bertz » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:29 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
David wrote:
squally1313 wrote:

There was a really good Wired article on this a few days ago

0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:44 pm

Bertz wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
David wrote:

There was a really good Wired article on this a few days ago

Yes, yes, yes. It should be given to college-age kids, bar and restaurant workers, and factory/meatpacking workers first.
0 x

Tryptamine
5-Time All-Star

Postby Tryptamine » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:18 pm

The problem with starting those vaccinations on healthcare workers first is that if there are negative reactions then we've just drastically reduced our ability to treat people in a situation where they're already overwhelmed. That would be pretty much worst case scenario, surging cases and fewer people to treat them.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:59 pm

Tryptamine wrote:The problem with starting those vaccinations on healthcare workers first is that if there are negative reactions then we've just drastically reduced our ability to treat people in a situation where they're already overwhelmed. That would be pretty much worst case scenario, surging cases and fewer people to treat them.

they've already been administered to tens of thousands of people. they know how people will react. i have a hard time seeing any drastic reduction of anything other than risk of illness and/or death.
2 x

SpongeWorthy
Superstar

Postby SpongeWorthy » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:47 pm

imb i saw your tweet but i didn't quite get the part about you being locked up in your office while your family is home if you've been WFH since march?

i guess i'm asking if you're quarantining away from your family but within the same house (e.g. the home office) or how that would even work

anyway, hope you feel better dude
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:59 pm

Good luck, imb.

As for the vaccine, I'm getting one ASAP, absolutely no hesitation or reservations about it. I'm hoping that since the government agency I work for is suicidally plowing ahead like we have to have 90% of the workforce in office even as the pandemic gets worse, there's some pull to get us into an early vaccination program at the beginning of 2021, since we're mission critical or whatever the horsefeathers. If there were going to be serious side effects, they'd see 'em well before it ever had a chance to get to me.
3 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:01 am

SpongeWorthy wrote:

imb i saw your tweet but i didn't quite get the part about you being locked up in your office while your family is home if you've been WFH since march?

i guess i'm asking if you're quarantining away from your family but within the same house (e.g. the home office) or how that would even work

yeah. i had assumed i got it from my wife, but she tested negative so i really dont know. so im just camped out in my home office away from my wife and kids for now while we wait to see if they develop any symptoms. Her work wont let her come back until december so im trying to stay away from them.
1 x

SpongeWorthy
Superstar

Postby SpongeWorthy » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:12 am

better get a ps5
5 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:38 am

SpongeWorthy wrote:better get a ps5

HA! GOOD LUCK WITH THAT! (coming from someone who keeps getting shut out by bots at the ps direct store, Amazon, walmart, GameStop, Best Buy, etc.)
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:47 am

SpongeWorthy wrote:

yeah. i had assumed i got it from my wife, but she tested negative so i really dont know. so im just camped out in my home office away from my wife and kids for now while we wait to see if they develop any symptoms. Her work wont let her come back until december so im trying to stay away from them.

Good luck, Dylan
2 x
Spoiler: show

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:05 am

SpongeWorthy wrote:

Whatever happens, please take care of yourself and send me Tatis.
1 x

Return to “Social”