Superstar

Guess what an idiot in a ludicrously named extremist group did this time

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:17 pm

0 x

Old Style
Superstar

Re: Guess what an idiot in a ludicrously named extremist group did this time

Postby Old Style » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:44 pm

There’s a Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo joke in there somewhere but I can’t find it.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

NonProfitCow
5-Time All-Star

Postby NonProfitCow » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:55 pm

Old Style wrote:There’s a Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo joke in there somewhere but I can’t find it.

That's what they're named after.

The idea of the Boogaloo was born on 4chan, an internet message board popular with extremists. The network takes its name from a 1980s movie called “Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo.” Extremists who joke about a second civil war sometimes call it “Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo,” since shortened to “Boogaloo.”

Sympathizers sometimes use like-sounding terms like “Big Igloo” or “Big Luau.” That’s why they’ve adopted Hawaiian shirts as their uniform, and why flags and other paraphernalia disseminated by Boogaloo Bois feature pictures of an igloo.
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
Superstar

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:56 pm

The “boogaloo” “movement,” explained

“It’s essentially a joke that people wrapped a bunch of different stuff in.”
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:08 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:The “boogaloo” “movement,” explained

“It’s essentially a joke that people wrapped a bunch of different stuff in.”

I knew it was going to come from 4chan before I even clicked the link.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:17 pm

I'm delighted to say I still don't fully know what "4channel" is. Is it a website? Is it a message board? Is it just a movement? Please don't tell me, in this case ignorance is truly bliss.
0 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:31 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:I'm delighted to say I still don't fully know what "4channel" is. Is it a website? Is it a message board? Is it just a movement? Please don't tell me, in this case ignorance is truly bliss.

1 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:18 pm

Does this explain all the weird looks I get when I wear a Hawaiin shirt around?
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:48 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Does this explain all the weird looks I get when I wear a Hawaiin shirt around?

probably not
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
Superstar

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:13 pm

0 x

Old Style
Superstar

Postby Old Style » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:16 am

NonProfitCow wrote:
Old Style wrote:There’s a Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo joke in there somewhere but I can’t find it.

That's what they're named after.

The idea of the Boogaloo was born on 4chan, an internet message board popular with extremists. The network takes its name from a 1980s movie called “Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo.” Extremists who joke about a second civil war sometimes call it “Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo,” since shortened to “Boogaloo.”

Sympathizers sometimes use like-sounding terms like “Big Igloo” or “Big Luau.” That’s why they’ve adopted Hawaiian shirts as their uniform, and why flags and other paraphernalia disseminated by Boogaloo Bois feature pictures of an igloo.

Mind blown
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

CyHawk_Cub
Superstar

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:51 pm

1 x

CyHawk_Cub
Superstar

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:22 pm

0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:42 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:

HOLY horsefeathers! This horsefeathers is infuriating. This administration refuses to even call a spad...hmmm.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

CyHawk_Cub
Superstar

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:34 pm

0 x

CyHawk_Cub
Superstar

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:46 am

0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:22 pm

Does this also count as the QAnon thread?

https://jezebel.com/qanon-follower-alle ... 1845706726

In a bizarre and deeply disturbing turn of events, a proponent of QAnon has been arrested for allegedly shooting and killing a crank legal theorist who was widely known and respected among a certain subset of QAnon supporters, whom she had relied on for bogus legal advice in an effort to regain custody of her twin daughters.

There’s a lot to unpack here, so let’s start with the people involved, Neely Petrie-Blanchard and Chris Hallett. The Daily Beast has written numerous stories about Chris Hallett, who along with his associate Kirk Pendergrass founded a group called E-Clause that has become closely tied with QAnon believers who promote the idea that Child Protective Services agents are stealing people’s children with the intent to traffic them. For this group of QAnon supporters, E-Clause is now their one-stop-shop for incredibly bad legal advice claiming that the government has limited or no authority over its citizens, advice that is seemingly heavily influenced by the sovereign citizen movement.

But Hallett’s bogus and bizarre legal ideas found an eager audience with QAnon believers, particularly women who had lost custody of their children, and it’s pretty clear that Hallett and Pendergrass deliberately targeted moms who were embroiled in ongoing custody battles. As the Daily Beast noted, they “promoted their services on QAnon YouTube shows to build a following among a community of desperate mothers who had lost their children, and solicited donations for their services.” One of those QAnon “desperate mothers” was Petrie-Blanchard, who in March of this year, inspired by Hallett and E-Clause’s legal advice, allegedly abducted her two daughters who were in the custody of her mother.

According to the Daily Beast, even after being arrested and charged with kidnapping, Petrie-Blanchard still remained committed to QAnon. As the Daily Beast noted in August, after her arrest, she “posted a video on Facebook showing herself taking the QAnon oath.”

But something soured her on Hallett. On Sunday, Hallett was found dead in his home in Florida, his back riddled with multiple gunshot wounds, and Petrie-Blanchard was arrested over his death, having been identified as the shooter by an unnamed witness who was in Hallett’s home at the time.

Meanwhile, the Daily Beast reported that Pendergrass, Hallett’s E-Clause co-founder, is pinning the blame for Hallett’s death on the “deep state,” instead of what seems to me to be an example of the worst that can happen when one preys on vulnerable people who have fallen down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole and are already primed to take desperate action. “You know how the deep state doesn’t like to be exposed,” Pendergrass said during a YouTube livestream.

0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Hall of Fame

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:36 pm

that horsefeathers is so mentally twisted and bizarre, it could almost become spectator sport to watch these idiots kill one another
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:03 am

minnesotacubsfan wrote:that horsefeathers is so mentally twisted and bizarre, it could almost become spectator sport to watch these idiots kill one another

That's the problem with crazy. It's like COVID. It doesn't really discriminate.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

CyHawk_Cub
Superstar

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:25 pm

0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:21 pm

Q Cucks Klan
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:47 am

So did anyone ever wonder where the phrase "drain the swamp" came from? Check this horsefeathers out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NESARA

National Economic Security and Recovery Act (NESARA) was a set of proposed economic reforms for the United States suggested during the 1990s by Harvey Francis Barnard. Barnard claimed that the proposals, which included replacing the income tax with a national sales tax, abolishing compound interest on secured loans, and returning to a bimetallic currency, would result in 0% inflation and a more stable economy. The proposals were never introduced before Congress.

NESARA has since become better known as the subject of a cult-like conspiracy theory promoted by Shaini Candace Goodwin, doing business as "Dove of Oneness", who claimed that the act was actually passed with additional provisions as the National Economic Security and Reformation Act, and then suppressed by the George W. Bush administration and the Supreme Court.

Harvey Francis Barnard (1941–2005), a Louisiana State University graduate in systems philosophy, and an engineering consultant and teacher, created the NESARA proposal during the late 1980s and early 1990s.[2] He printed 1,000 copies of his proposal, titled Draining the Swamp: Monetary and Fiscal Policy Reform (1996), and sent copies to members of Congress, believing it would pass quickly on its merits. Based on a theory that debt is the number one economic factor inhibiting the growth of the economy, and compound interest the number one "moral evil" and reason for debt, Barnard made several other attempts during the 1990s to draw political attention to the problems he saw in the US economy, and his suggested economic recovery proposal based on the root causes he determined. After these did not succeed, he decided in 2000 to release the proposal to the public domain and publish it on the internet. Barnard established the NESARA Institute in 2001, and published the second edition of his book in 2005, retitling it Draining the Swamp: The NESARA Story – Monetary and Fiscal Policy Reform.

Only slightly crazy so far....but wait; there's more...

Soon after Barnard released NESARA on the internet, a user known as "Dove of Oneness" began posting about it in internet forums. "Dove of Oneness" was later identified as Shaini Candace Goodwin, a former student of The Ramtha School Of Enlightenment, referred to in the media as a "cybercult queen."[1] According to Goodwin's website, the NESARA bill languished in Congress before finally being passed by a secret session in March 2000 and signed by President Bill Clinton. It is claimed that the new law was to be implemented at 10 a.m. on September 11, 2001, but that the computers, and data (of the beneficiaries of the trillions of dollars of "Prosperity funds") were destroyed on the second floor of one of the World Trade Center towers in New York City during the terrorist attacks. Supposedly an earlier gag order issued by the Supreme Court had prohibited any official or private source from discussing it, under penalty of death.[1] Goodwin referred to "White Knights," most of them high-ranking military officials, who have since been struggling to have the law implemented despite opposition by President George W. Bush. Goodwin allegedly believes and purports that Bush orchestrated the September 11 attacks and the Iraq War as distractions from NESARA.[4][5] Goodwin's description of NESARA goes far beyond Barnard's proposal by cancelling all personal debts, abolishing the Internal Revenue Service, declaring world peace, and requiring new presidential and congressional elections. Goodwin often claimed that Bush officials were attempting to hack into and bring down her web site to prevent her from publicizing the law.

Oh yeah; there's the good stuff.

And guess what's got all the good little online QAnon-types a-flutter right now?

And here I thought just forgiving student loans was the first step to FULL BLOWN SOCIALCOMMUSHARIAFACISM.

(I also am cracking up over how they leapfrogged the actual FISA Act, which would very easily tie in to their usual nonsense about how everyone who isn't Trump is actually a secret devil worshipping commie child molester that's going to be arrested AT ANY MOMENT. Stop making it so hard on yourselves, guys!)

(Also also: do you think any of these horsefeathers who seriously believe this are just blowing a bunch of credit cards thinking their debt is about to be forgiven?)
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:55 am

There needs to be a term where you're not sucked in by a cult, but you have become obsessed with being amazed/horrified with the ever-escalating comic book supervillain beliefs of a cult. Whatever it is, I have it and it's horsefeathering terminal:

0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:24 am

Oh, I guess the REAL current Q-flavor is the idea that Chinese troops are secretly amassing along the Canadian border, and will invade the US sometime around January 7th. So, y'know, better make sure all of your Christmas gifts aren't running late.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:21 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Oh, I guess the REAL current Q-flavor is the idea that Chinese troops are secretly amassing along the Canadian border, and will invade the US sometime around January 7th. So, y'know, better make sure all of your Christmas gifts aren't running late.

Wandavision doesn't start till the 15th so I'm gonna need them to hold off.
0 x

Return to “Social”