Guess what an idiot with a gavel did this time

Old Style
Superstar

Guess what an idiot with a gavel did this time

Postby Old Style » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:55 pm

Simply unbelievable

Judge Tosses Teen Rape Conviction, Says 148 Days in Jail Is ‘Plenty of Punishment’

An Illinois judge had a shocking outburst in court Wednesday, kicking a prosecutor out with minimal explanation as outrage grows over the judge’s decision to reverse his own ruling on a teen accused of rape.

“Mr. Jones, get out,” Adams County Judge Robert Adrian fumed as he ordered Josh Jones of the Adams County State’s Attorney’s Office to leave the courtroom. The Muddy River News, whose journalist was in court, reported that Jones was set to appear in an unrelated case but had apparently “liked” a Facebook post supporting domestic violence survivors in the wake of Adrian’s extraordinary ruling in the rape case .

“I’m not on social media, but my wife is,” Adrian said. “She saw the thumbs up you gave to people attacking me.”

He added: “I can’t be fair with you today. Get out.”

Judge shames 72-year-old cancer patient too weak to tend to his lawn

In the three years since he was diagnosed with cancer, Burhan Chowdhury has had a difficult time maintaining his yard and keeping his property in suburban Detroit in good shape. At a recent Michigan state court appearance over Zoom, the 72-year-old man struggled to breathe as he explained to a judge that he was “very weak” and unable to clean up the grass that had overtaken the property over the summer.

But 31st District Judge Alexis G. Krot had no sympathy for Chowdhury. Instead, she shamed the cancer patient for the neighborhood blight in Hamtramck, Mich. — and told him the punishment she wished she could have given him.

“You should be ashamed of yourself!” Krot said on Monday. “If I could give you jail time on this, I would.”
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

squally1313
5-Time All-Star

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gavel did this time

Postby squally1313 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:06 pm

Guess which person is white!
2 x

Old Style
Superstar

Postby Old Style » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:10 pm

squally1313 wrote:Guess which person is white!

Yeah, in that second story I imagine the judge would have a different approach if the offender was white like her.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:58 pm

Old Style wrote:Simply unbelievable

Judge Tosses Teen Rape Conviction, Says 148 Days in Jail Is ‘Plenty of Punishment’

An Illinois judge had a shocking outburst in court Wednesday, kicking a prosecutor out with minimal explanation as outrage grows over the judge’s decision to reverse his own ruling on a teen accused of rape.

“Mr. Jones, get out,” Adams County Judge Robert Adrian fumed as he ordered Josh Jones of the Adams County State’s Attorney’s Office to leave the courtroom. The Muddy River News, whose journalist was in court, reported that Jones was set to appear in an unrelated case but had apparently “liked” a Facebook post supporting domestic violence survivors in the wake of Adrian’s extraordinary ruling in the rape case .

“I’m not on social media, but my wife is,” Adrian said. “She saw the thumbs up you gave to people attacking me.”

He added: “I can’t be fair with you today. Get out.”

Reading the transcript of his ruling somehow makes it even worse. And barely a horsefeathering word about the 16 year old victim who attempted suicide afterwards, and now says she wishes she hadn't even told anyone, but he manages to blame the rapists' parents. horsefeathers this judge. Look at this haughty horsefeathering dip horsefeathers:

0 x

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:17 pm

Is it bad that one of my first thoughts was "well, at least that judge admitted his inability to be fair that day"?
0 x

Return to “Social”