Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:22 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:And this is more than once where using acronyms has apparently made me a dick, I guess. I mean, it's fun getting to totally re-live that special kind of, "HA-HA! That dude sucks for doing anything!" type of no-win bullying that we all got to endure as kids. Good for you!

You used an acronym nobody knows about from something inside a spoiler tag (also why was that spoilered).
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:23 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:And this is more than once where using acronyms has apparently made me a dick, I guess. I mean, it's fun getting to totally re-live that special kind of, "HA-HA! That dude sucks for doing anything!" type of no-win bullying that we all got to endure as kids. Good for you!

You used an acronym nobody knows about from something inside a spoiler tag (also why was that spoilered).

about a show for babies
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:24 pm

Also should add that show is awful, meow meow
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:25 pm

I know, right? I mean, what was I thinking replying to something someone else brought up literally the post before mine? And then ABBREVIATING a long ass TV show name that that same post already mentioned? I was totally asking for it. And now I'm replying like this? Or AT ALL? Could not deserve it more.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:26 pm

My niece was obsessed with it but my kids barely watched it at all. Meow meow
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:29 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

about a show for babies

Because he and I were talking about a documentary about a guy...who hosted a show for babies?

You're right; as I say it out loud it's clearly unforgivable stuff. I'm so sorry.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:29 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I know, right? I mean, what was I thinking replying to something someone else brought up literally the post before mine? And then ABBREVIATING a long ass TV show name that that same post already mentioned? I was totally asking for it. And now I'm replying like this? Or AT ALL? Could not deserve it more.

It was just before you, but also inside a spoiler tag. For all we knew dtn was some sort of freaky sex thing Fred was into..., meow meow
0 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:31 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:

some people prefer not knowing who is or isn't part of a movie. rather err on the side of caution than potentially annoy someone.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:35 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:I know, right? I mean, what was I thinking replying to something someone else brought up literally the post before mine? And then ABBREVIATING a long ass TV show name that that same post already mentioned? I was totally asking for it. And now I'm replying like this? Or AT ALL? Could not deserve it more.

It was just before you, but also inside a spoiler tag. For all we knew dtn was some sort of freaky sex thing Fred was into..., meow meow

Hey, if people are too lazy to open a spoiler tag, I'm gonna be too lazy to type out the name of a terrible kids TV show.
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:57 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:You used an acronym nobody knows about from something inside a spoiler tag (also why was that spoilered).

about a show for babies

Because he and I were talking about a documentary about a guy...who hosted a show for babies?

You're right; as I say it out loud it's clearly unforgivable stuff. I'm so sorry.

come on, it's funny to see an adult go do "two minutes" of internet research so he can have a take about a show for babies and then also shorten the name to a made up acronym AND then get in his feelings in the replies
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:09 pm

Yes, I now realize that even bringing up that there was a documentary about a kids show was a mistake. And bothering to look into something that someone brought up about seeing the film? What the hell was I thinking.
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:28 pm

That’s a question you should ask yourself more often
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:32 pm

I mean, it's fun getting to totally re-live that special kind of, "HA-HA! That dude sucks for doing anything!" type of no-win bullying that we all got to endure as kids.

Extra special that it randomly showed up this time because people were talking about a Fred Rogers documentary, of all things. Good for you, really.
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:03 pm

oh boo-hoo, the guy who acts like a dick all the time can't take a little ribbing about his serious feelings about daniel tiger
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:13 pm

Yes, I DO say dumb, mockable stuff a LOT, so it's annoying when someone just randomly gets a bug up their ass and decides that literally anything I do or don't say over some random discussion they don't give a horsefeathers about is this monumentally stupid thing that I deserve all kinds of horsefeathers over.

*I post trailer of a documentary I really want to see*

*cl sees it and posts this: "betty aberlin, aka lady aberlin. one of the questions for neville was centered around aberlin: is she still alive? if so, why wasn't she a part of the documentary? neville states they approached her multiple times but she declined to be on camera. people thought this as odd since just about all living cast members of the show were interviewed but not her. it seems that she has positive things to say about fred rogers and her time on the show but is not happy with the way that the fred rogers center is carrying on his legacy, specifically with the daniel tiger's neighborhood cartoon."*

*I Google "Betty Aberlin Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" because, horrifically, I'm curious as to what he's talking about*

*After a very quick read, I reply: "Betty Aberlin rules, and she's right about DTN."*

Sorry if I'm baffled as to why this set you off or what the hell I did/said that was so embarrassing.
0 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:15 pm

1 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:27 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Yes, I DO say dumb, mockable stuff a LOT, so it's annoying when someone just randomly gets a bug up their ass and decides that literally anything I do or don't say over some random discussion they don't give a horsefeathers about is this monumentally stupid thing that I deserve all kinds of horsefeathers over.

*cl sees it and posts this: "betty aberlin, aka lady aberlin. one of the questions for neville was centered around aberlin: is she still alive? if so, why wasn't she a part of the documentary? neville states they approached her multiple times but she declined to be on camera. people thought this as odd since just about all living cast members of the show were interviewed but not her. it seems that she has positive things to say about fred rogers and her time on the show but is not happy with the way that the fred rogers center is carrying on his legacy, specifically with the daniel tiger's neighborhood cartoon."*

*I Google "Betty Aberlin Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" because, horrifically, I'm curious as to what he's talking about*

*After a very quick read, I reply: "Betty Aberlin rules, and she's right about DTN."*

Sorry if I'm baffled as to why this set you off or what the hell I did/said that was so embarrassing.

lmao it didnt set me off, i made a joke you're apparently too thin-skinned to take because it was hilarious seeing DANIEL TIGERS NEIGHBORHOOD bizarrely shortened to DTN.

2 hours later you're still posting novels about it. it's funny
0 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:33 pm

5 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:36 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Yes, I DO say dumb, mockable stuff a LOT, so it's annoying when someone just randomly gets a bug up their ass and decides that literally anything I do or don't say over some random discussion they don't give a horsefeathers about is this monumentally stupid thing that I deserve all kinds of horsefeathers over.

Spoiler that horsefeathers son
4 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:38 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:lmao it didnt set me off, i made a joke you're apparently too thin-skinned to take because it was hilarious seeing DANIEL TIGERS NEIGHBORHOOD bizarrely shortened to DTN.

I mean, it's fun getting to totally re-live that special kind of, "HA-HA! That dude sucks for doing anything!" type of no-win bullying that we all got to endure as kids.

See? If I post anything it's supposed to look bad for me just because you decided it is. Apparently post too many words? What a dork. Post an abbreviation (something people do here all the time when they keep talking about a movie or show or album that's already been mentioned)? Whoops, that's too short; what a dork (I mean, remember that times I used stats acronyms? Holy horsefeathers, what a dork). Don't reply at all? Yup, I got showed my dorky ass real good. Reply? Psh, what a dork still talking about this x amount of time after the fact (doesn't matter the amount of time; literally anything is in the wrong here).

I get it; it works! There's nothing I can or can't say that doesn't make me look like a dork despite only replying to something brought up by someone who saw a movie I want to see. So, hey, I'm embracing it; let's keep it going as long as we can. I'm DtTAHDIItTADTN.
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:43 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:lmao it didnt set me off, i made a joke you're apparently too thin-skinned to take because it was hilarious seeing DANIEL TIGERS NEIGHBORHOOD bizarrely shortened to DTN.

See? If I post anything it's supposed to look bad for me just because you decided it is. Apparently post too many words? What a dork. Post an abbreviation (something people do here all the time when they keep talking about a movie or show or album that's already been mentioned)? Whoops, that's too short; what a dork (I mean, remember that times I used stats acronyms? Holy horsefeathers, what a dork). Don't reply at all? Yup, I got showed my dorky ass real good. Reply? Psh, what a dork still talking about this x amount of time after the fact (doesn't matter the amount of time; literally anything is in the wrong here).

I get it; it works! There's nothing I can or can't say that doesn't make me look like a dork despite only replying to something brought up by someone who saw a movie I want to see. So, hey, I'm embracing it; let's keep it going as long as we can. I'm DtTAHDIItTADTN.

yeah this definitely doesn't make you look like a dork
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:45 pm

0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:50 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:yeah this definitely doesn't make you look like a dork

I know, right? I gotta give credit when something works; randomly jump all over something totally innocuous and then flip it on that person for wondering what the hell they did wrong in the place. Self-destruction guaranteed since literally anything they say in response is proof of how much they suck.

I say we keep this going, since I've got nothing but time on my hand thanks to these sweet, sweet abbreviations I've been using like an horsefeathers.
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:yeah this definitely doesn't make you look like a dork

I know, right? I gotta give credit when something works; randomly jump all over something totally innocuous and then flip it on that person for wondering what the hell they did wrong in the place. Self-destruction guaranteed since literally anything they say in response is proof of how much they suck.

I say we keep this going, since I've got nothing but time on my hand thanks to these sweet, sweet abbreviations I've been using like an horsefeathers.

i feel like this is one of those meltdowns that you look back on in a few hours and are really embarrassed by, so i'll do you a favor and stop now.

actually i wanna do one more thing hang on
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:56 pm

ok here you go then im done

i poked fun at you for shortening the name of a show for babies into a made-up acronym and you have since written 751 words (thanks google docs) about how it didn't make you a dork
0 x

Return to “Social”