Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77154
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9510
x 12638

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:58 pm

I mean, it completely makes sense to think someone else SHOULD be humiliated by this kind of thing you completely made up in your head about them, right? That's completely normal.
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58587
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2334
x 7798

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:01 pm

I would like to generally discourage the use of acronyms when discussing all but the most well known entertainment entities, and even then it should only be for those that really stand out as obvious. RotJ makes sense to me. But all other Star Wars titles should be spelled out, or use the primary word, like Empire. I don't remember any of the prequel names off the top of my head. I will have to look up AOC if you use it.

GoT works, but pretty much all others should be avoided whenever possible.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32478
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2179
x 5598
Contact:

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:03 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I mean, it completely makes sense to think someone else SHOULD be humiliated by this kind of thing you completely made up in your head about them, right? That's completely normal.


i don't care if you're humiliated, i just think it's funny that you are humiliating yourself over DANIEL TIGERS NEIGHBORHOOD i mean come on
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77154
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9510
x 12638

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:06 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ok here you go then im done

i poked fun at you for shortening the name of a show for babies into a made-up acronym and you have since written 751 words (thanks google docs) about how it didn't make you a dork


This is such a bizarre ouroboros way to say, again, "I have arbitrarily decided that this discussion displeases me, and literally anything you say just proves how much you suck."

So weird.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77154
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9510
x 12638

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:09 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:I mean, it completely makes sense to think someone else SHOULD be humiliated by this kind of thing you completely made up in your head about them, right? That's completely normal.


i don't care if you're humiliated, i just think it's funny that you are humiliating yourself over DANIEL TIGERS NEIGHBORHOOD i mean come on


Literally all I did was look up what cl mentioned; I saw that she doesn't like this cartoon because apparently they merchandise the horsefeathers out of it, and Rogers was very much opposed to that sort of thing when he was alive. I thought that was a pretty cool stance! The end.
0 x

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32478
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2179
x 5598
Contact:

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:09 pm

you used the word ouroboros in a sentence defending your daniel tiger neighborhood related meltdown i mean the jokes write themselves
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58587
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2334
x 7798

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:12 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ok here you go then im done

i poked fun at you for shortening the name of a show for babies into a made-up acronym and you have since written 751 words (thanks google docs) about how it didn't make you a dork


This is such a bizarre ouroboros way to say, again, "I have arbitrarily decided that this discussion displeases me, and literally anything you say just proves how much you suck."

So weird.

Is this like Brooklyn and queens?
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77154
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9510
x 12638

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:38 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:you used the word ouroboros in a sentence defending your daniel tiger neighborhood related meltdown i mean the jokes write themselves


I mean, it's fun getting to totally re-live that special kind of, "HA-HA! That dude sucks for doing anything!" type of no-win bullying that we all got to endure as kids.


Whoops, I used a certain word. Does it matter which one? Nah; just single it out and act like it's "weird." Someone keeps replying? Hey, just call it a meltdown regardless of what's actually being said, because, of course, if I say literally anything then that's what it is.

I mean, feel free to point out what I'm getting wrong here. It's straight up the kind of bullying a 13-year old does.
0 x

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32478
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2179
x 5598
Contact:

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:57 pm

I mean I don’t know what to tell you. I feel like you would also find this funny if it wasn’t you that was in the middle of some crisis here. It was really funny how seriously you were taking this and now it’s just sad, which is also kinda funny, just in a sadder way.
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77154
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9510
x 12638

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:04 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:I feel like you would also find this funny if it wasn’t you that was in the middle of some crisis here. It was really funny how seriously you were taking this and now it’s just sad, which is also kinda funny, just in a sadder way.


I don't think it's possible to actually track the amount of irony crammed into in all of this. Like, you've constructed out of whole cloth the idea that anything I say is just proof that I'm having some kind of breakdown because I took issue with you jumping on me out of nowhere. I mean...you grasp even just a little bit how kinda messed up that is, right?
0 x

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32478
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2179
x 5598
Contact:

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:35 pm

This is the “I’m not owned I’m not owned” Dril tweet happening in real time.

I literally just poked fun at the acronym you used for a kids show and it wounded you so deeply that you’re still going.

You keep making extremely serious posts about how you’re not taking it extremely seriously. I’m not doing anything other than laughing at how seriously you’re taking it.
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 36831
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1037
x 1388

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby OleMissCub » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:47 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote: "I have arbitrarily decided that this discussion displeases me, and literally anything you say just proves how much you suck."


Bro, you are describing exactly how you yourself argue with people on this board.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77154
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9510
x 12638

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:56 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:You keep making extremely serious posts about how you’re not taking it extremely seriously.


Except I'm not; I've been trying to explain to you why this genuinely bothers me and why I can't even figure out your reasoning for doing it in the first place.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77154
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9510
x 12638

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:06 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote: "I have arbitrarily decided that this discussion displeases me, and literally anything you say just proves how much you suck."


Bro, you are describing exactly how you yourself argue with people on this board.


Yeah, I will obviously argue something into the ground. That's not what started this here.
0 x

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32478
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2179
x 5598
Contact:

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:15 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:You keep making extremely serious posts about how you’re not taking it extremely seriously.


Except I'm not; I've been trying to explain to you why this genuinely bothers me and why I can't even figure out your reasoning for doing it in the first place.


Lmao do this for me. Try to cut your emotions out for a second and pretend you’re explaining what is happening here to some third party and I think you will get exactly why this is hilarious
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77154
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9510
x 12638

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:30 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:You keep making extremely serious posts about how you’re not taking it extremely seriously.


Except I'm not; I've been trying to explain to you why this genuinely bothers me and why I can't even figure out your reasoning for doing it in the first place.


Lmao do this for me. Try to cut your emotions out for a second and pretend you’re explaining what is happening here to some third party and I think you will get exactly why this is hilarious


Dude, seriously; in the course of the posts quoted here you swing between saying I'm trying to brush it off as no big deal and then getting too emotional over it.

I legitimately have no idea how else to explain it to this point; it just bugs me that replying to the topic in the post before mine and abbreviating a long title like I do all the time was suddenly supposed to be something I should feel embarrassed about. If that's supposed to sound ridiculous, look, I just don't get it.
0 x

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32478
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2179
x 5598
Contact:

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:55 pm

Lol dude it’s because you took my harmless jab about your slapping an acronym on DANIEL FREAKIN TIGER so seriously. In the grand scheme of the decade of terror you and I have put this place through the idea that making fun of you for that little post would put you into an existential tizzy never crossed my mind.
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77154
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9510
x 12638

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:13 pm

It's basically the arbitrary nature of, "the way you communicate is something you should feel embarrassed about." It didn't come across as just busting someone's balls; I took at it as something more insulting than that, and I didn't like it. It's really not more complicated than that; yeah, I AM a horsefeathers head, but I'd like to think that at this point if someone flat out said to me that they're genuinely bothered by something I said to them I wouldn't just repeatedly dismiss it. I don't like the idea of having to be worried, however minor, about something as dumb and meaningless as abbreviating something or talking about a kids show because some dude is going to decide that THIS time it's suddenly something I should be mocked over like I was going on some kind of rampaging diatribe about a cartoon.
0 x

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32478
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2179
x 5598
Contact:

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:10 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:It's basically the arbitrary nature of, "the way you communicate is something you should feel embarrassed about." It didn't come across as just busting someone's balls; I took at it as something more insulting than that, and I didn't like it. It's really not more complicated than that; yeah, I AM a horsefeathers head, but I'd like to think that at this point if someone flat out said to me that they're genuinely bothered by something I said to them I wouldn't just repeatedly dismiss it. I don't like the idea of having to be worried, however minor, about something as dumb and meaningless as abbreviating something or talking about a kids show because some dude is going to decide that THIS time it's suddenly something I should be mocked over like I was going on some kind of rampaging diatribe about a cartoon.


ok but here's the deal: I'm not wrong.

The way you communicate IS funny and weird and the way you have this burning desire to have a take on literally every conversation IS funny and weird. I've made fun of it forever so I'm really confused why this time it's such a big other than I just have hit a nerve recently or something

anyway I'm not going to stop so just change or suck it up lmao
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77154
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9510
x 12638

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:19 pm

See, that's too bad because it's not that far down the road from, "hur-hur; you talk like a [expletive]." Not really much more to discuss, I guess.
0 x

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32478
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2179
x 5598
Contact:

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:25 pm

in the 15 years of making fun of the dumb things people post, i'm unsure why you suddenly decided you're exempt from that. the reality is if knew it bothered you this much, I wouldn't have done it in the first place. only kyle and maybe the wrestling guy have ever earned that contempt.

i only do it to you because it's funny how lame it is and it's funny how obstinate you are about your inherent need to do it.

I know you had to google "daniel tiger" in order to craft a take - that's what makes it so freaking funny. You couldn't even let daniel tiger exist! I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, I'm saying that of course you did it, because only you would do that.
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 33767
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
x 1668
x 1583

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:33 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:in the 15 years of making fun of the dumb things people post, i'm unsure why you suddenly decided you're exempt from that. the reality is if knew it bothered you this much, I wouldn't have done it in the first place. only kyle and maybe the wrestling guy have ever earned that contempt.


Image
6 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77154
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9510
x 12638

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:34 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:in the 15 years of making fun of the dumb things people post, i'm unsure why you suddenly decided you're exempt from that. the reality is if knew it bothered you this much, I wouldn't have done it in the first place. only kyle and maybe the wrestling guy have ever earned that contempt.

i only do it to you because it's funny how lame it is and it's funny how obstinate you are about your inherent need to do it.

I know you had to google "daniel tiger" in order to craft a take - that's what makes it so freaking funny. You couldn't even let daniel tiger exist! I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, I'm saying that of course you did it, because only you would do that.


Right; THAT sure makes sense.

Image
0 x

User avatar
javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie
Posts: 9081
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:46 pm
Location: Chicago
x 1372
x 564

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby javy knows my name » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:53 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:in the 15 years of making fun of the dumb things people post, i'm unsure why you suddenly decided you're exempt from that. the reality is if knew it bothered you this much, I wouldn't have done it in the first place. only kyle and maybe the wrestling guy have ever earned that contempt.

i only do it to you because it's funny how lame it is and it's funny how obstinate you are about your inherent need to do it.

I know you had to google "daniel tiger" in order to craft a take - that's what makes it so freaking funny. You couldn't even let daniel tiger exist! I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, I'm saying that of course you did it, because only you would do that.


Right; THAT sure makes sense.

Image


I already regret this, but imb has always made fun of you in this same manner and often cites this very reason when he does it. It's not new, and it's not malicious. I don't blame you for taking a stand because that's your right but please don't claim personal victimization or that imb is doing some heel-turn to cartoon bully finally in this thread after 11 years (that I'm aware of) of the same behavior.
0 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77154
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9510
x 12638

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:00 pm

I don't know what to tell you; it really bugged me and felt horsefeathers.
0 x


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CoolHandLuke, Cubswin11 and 11 guests