Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32404
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2135
x 5455
Contact:

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:55 am

only god forgives is a masterpiece
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22294
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 5466
x 4231

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Cubswin11 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:04 am

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:only god forgives is a masterpiece

How did you have time to see a movie if you were at the Cubs game today AND STAYED FOR THE ENTIRE THING????
3 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66096
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 4867
x 4874

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Banedon » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:22 pm

Cathy Yan to direct Birds of Prey. Asian woman to direct a major studio franchise movie? I like it...even if I've heard of nothing on her IMDB.

Apparently Robbie was resolute in wanting a female director for Birds of Prey, and Yan (whose debut film, Dead Pigs, won a prize for ensemble acting at last January’s Sundance Film Festival) won the job after WB execs found her presentation on her version of the film “exceptional.”
0 x
Image

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66096
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 4867
x 4874

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Banedon » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:49 pm

This feels like a different movie than they'd advertised up until now...

0 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58379
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2283
x 7541

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:11 pm

Banedon wrote:This feels like a different movie than they'd advertised up until now...


What is Chris Pratt doing to that dino? Is that what led to his divorce?

Life, uh, finds a way dot gif
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66096
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 4867
x 4874

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Banedon » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:49 pm

0 x
Image

User avatar
JennieGarthAlgar
All-Star
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:20 am
Location: Peoria Hills, 61630
x 570
x 285

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby JennieGarthAlgar » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:15 pm

I had to nope out of that Deadpool trailer about 15 sec in when I realized it was one of them "here's the whole plot if you pay attention" trailers.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 76763
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9249
x 12381

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:17 pm

Jesus Christ; now thinking someone might know the PLOT of a film is somehow a spoiler?
0 x

User avatar
JennieGarthAlgar
All-Star
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:20 am
Location: Peoria Hills, 61630
x 570
x 285

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby JennieGarthAlgar » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:20 pm

Sorry. Plot was the wrong word. Storyline? I dunno. I just don't care for 2 and a half minute long trailers for movies I 100% know im gonna see I guess, no need to bust out incredulous semicolons.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 76763
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9249
x 12381

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:28 pm

JennieGarthAlgar wrote:incredulous semicolons


This easily one of the craziest word combinations ever.
0 x

User avatar
JennieGarthAlgar
All-Star
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:20 am
Location: Peoria Hills, 61630
x 570
x 285

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby JennieGarthAlgar » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:36 pm

Kinda what I was going for
0 x

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8788
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 3662
x 399

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Old Style » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:37 pm

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone but Blockers is horsefeathering awful.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 14870
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Lakeview
x 4488
x 1506

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby The Logan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Old Style wrote:This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone but Blockers is horsefeathering awful.


I've actually been hearing quite the opposite.
0 x
Image

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32404
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2135
x 5455
Contact:

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:41 pm

it was pretty good i thought.
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 33772
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 740
x 5228

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:11 am

I thought it looked horrible, but it’s getting good reviews so whatever. no way i’m paying theater prices to see it though
0 x
Image

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 36805
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1033
x 1381

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby OleMissCub » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:21 am

“12 Strong” is a steaming pile of crap. The director clearly screwed that one up. It’s got pretty decent acting, good sets, interesting plot, good special effects, but it’s a complete mess.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 76763
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9249
x 12381

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:18 pm

Woof:



Its worth clicking on that and reading the thread; it's ridiculous how a studio as huge as Disney is mangling its classic films.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 76763
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9249
x 12381

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:22 pm

Meanwhile, 2001 looks to be getting an absolutely gorgeous anniversary restoration (via actually recreating the 70mm print) for its return to theaters:

https://www.slashfilm.com/2001-re-release-trailer/

2001 is headed to the Cannes Film Festival this year, where Christopher Nolan will present a 70mm print of the film. Here’s Nolan’s statement:

“For the first time since the original release, this 70mm print was struck from new printing elements made from the original camera negative. This is a true photochemical film recreation. There are no digital tricks, remastered effects, or revisionist edits. This is the unrestored film – that recreates the cinematic event that audiences experienced fifty years ago.”


Unlike a standard film gauge, 70mm offers a much higher resolution. When 2001 screened in 70mm at the Egyptian Theater in 2016, the theater offered this description of the experience:

Shot in Super Panavision 70, the film’s larger frame size – nearly double that of standard 35mm film – offers remarkable resolution. Figures in windows of spaceships, patterns in the star gate sequence and numerous other details are more plainly visible than ever before. And this is a film built on visuals; Kubrick’s affinity for geometrical shot composition finds a perfect thematic match in this tale about the possibilities and perils of technology.


Check out this flat out stunning new trailer they made for it:

1 x

User avatar
javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie
Posts: 9061
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:46 pm
Location: Chicago
x 1344
x 553

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby javy knows my name » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:04 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Meanwhile, 2001 looks to be getting an absolutely gorgeous anniversary restoration (via actually recreating the 70mm print) for its return to theaters:

https://www.slashfilm.com/2001-re-release-trailer/

2001 is headed to the Cannes Film Festival this year, where Christopher Nolan will present a 70mm print of the film. Here’s Nolan’s statement:

“For the first time since the original release, this 70mm print was struck from new printing elements made from the original camera negative. This is a true photochemical film recreation. There are no digital tricks, remastered effects, or revisionist edits. This is the unrestored film – that recreates the cinematic event that audiences experienced fifty years ago.”


Unlike a standard film gauge, 70mm offers a much higher resolution. When 2001 screened in 70mm at the Egyptian Theater in 2016, the theater offered this description of the experience:

Shot in Super Panavision 70, the film’s larger frame size – nearly double that of standard 35mm film – offers remarkable resolution. Figures in windows of spaceships, patterns in the star gate sequence and numerous other details are more plainly visible than ever before. And this is a film built on visuals; Kubrick’s affinity for geometrical shot composition finds a perfect thematic match in this tale about the possibilities and perils of technology.


Check out this flat out stunning new trailer they made for it:



I got to see the 70mm at the Music Box a few years ago and it was honestly life-changing
1 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32404
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2135
x 5455
Contact:

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:41 am

if this comes within a 12 hours of tulsa im going
1 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5409
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 311
x 409

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby TomtheBombadil » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:40 pm

I hear a liiiiiiitle bit of Tommy Wiseau in Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock accent.

0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66096
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 4867
x 4874

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Banedon » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:52 pm

I expected to hate it. I didn't hate it.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 76763
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9249
x 12381

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:14 pm

Normally I'm annoyed by "the book/comic book did it THIS way..."-style complaints, but this is a character who literally has zero reason to exist without Spider-Man, soooooooooooooo....what's the point? It's like making a Bizarro movie that's inexplicably divorced from Superman.
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66096
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 4867
x 4874

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Banedon » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:37 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Normally I'm annoyed by "the book/comic book did it THIS way..."-style complaints, but this is a character who literally has zero reason to exist without Spider-Man, soooooooooooooo....what's the point? It's like making a Bizarro movie that's inexplicably divorced from Superman.


Yep...what symbol will he have on his chest...any? What will it be if the symbiote has never merged with Parker?
0 x
Image

User avatar
cl smooth
All-Star
Posts: 1711
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: brooklynnnnnnnnnn
x 2332
x 437

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby cl smooth » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:44 pm

avengers: infinity war spoilers are starting to appear online. if spoilers aren't your thing: be careful.
0 x


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Proven Veteran and 8 guests