Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Regular Show
All-Star

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Regular Show » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:41 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=142&v=4AnpybNQ-hU

This movie seems pretty relevant and focuses on a police shooting. Comes out next month too. It also features Denzel Washington's son as a Black cop who is conflicted over this.
0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:52 am

Man, Mel Gibson, Vince Vaughan and S. Craig Zahler have a real circle jerk of ugly, brutal, hateful movies going for them. horsefeathers these guys:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mel-gibso ... ref=scroll

Making its world premiere in Venice, Dragged Across Concrete’s premise is as follows: a pair of detectives, Brett Ridgeman (Mel Gibson) and Anthony Lurasetti (Vince Vaughn) are caught on tape applying excessive force to a Hispanic prisoner in handcuffs, in the form of Ridgeman grinding his boot into the man’s neck until it emits a cracking sound. (During the bust, Ridgeman and Lurasetti also mock a scared, naked Latina suspect, claiming they can’t understand what she’s saying due to her accent. Both scenes are played for laughs.) With the tape destined to go viral, Ridgeman and Lurasetti are suspended for six weeks without pay, though the chief of police (Don Johnson) is sympathetic to their plight, delivering a rambling sermon about how being branded a “racist” today is akin to getting labeled a “communist” in the 1950s—or, to quote the president, this is a WITCH HUNT! and these two violent cops are the real victims.

Though a six-week suspension seems like a mild punishment, especially considering this is the third time Ridgeman’s been busted for using excessive force, he is in desperate need of cash. You see, his wife Melanie (Laurie Holden) has MS and his daughter is bullied by black kids on her four-block trek to school. Worried that those same black kids will rape their daughter once she matures, they vow to move to a better neighborhood (presumably one with less black people). “I never thought I was a racist until living in this area,” Melanie says, her husband nodding in agreement. So Ridgeman cooks up a plan to rob an out-of-town crook, and ropes in Lurasetti with a Forgotten Man spiel: “I don’t politic, I don’t change with the times,” he explains, lamenting how that matters more in today’s world than “good, honest hard work.”
0 x

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:57 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:Man, Mel Gibson, Vince Vaughan and S. Craig Zahler have a real circle jerk of ugly, brutal, hateful movies going for them. horsefeathers these guys:

Making its world premiere in Venice, Dragged Across Concrete’s premise is as follows: a pair of detectives, Brett Ridgeman (Mel Gibson) and Anthony Lurasetti (Vince Vaughn) are caught on tape applying excessive force to a Hispanic prisoner in handcuffs, in the form of Ridgeman grinding his boot into the man’s neck until it emits a cracking sound. (During the bust, Ridgeman and Lurasetti also mock a scared, naked Latina suspect, claiming they can’t understand what she’s saying due to her accent. Both scenes are played for laughs.) With the tape destined to go viral, Ridgeman and Lurasetti are suspended for six weeks without pay, though the chief of police (Don Johnson) is sympathetic to their plight, delivering a rambling sermon about how being branded a “racist” today is akin to getting labeled a “communist” in the 1950s—or, to quote the president, this is a WITCH HUNT! and these two violent cops are the real victims.

Though a six-week suspension seems like a mild punishment, especially considering this is the third time Ridgeman’s been busted for using excessive force, he is in desperate need of cash. You see, his wife Melanie (Laurie Holden) has MS and his daughter is bullied by black kids on her four-block trek to school. Worried that those same black kids will rape their daughter once she matures, they vow to move to a better neighborhood (presumably one with less black people). “I never thought I was a racist until living in this area,” Melanie says, her husband nodding in agreement. So Ridgeman cooks up a plan to rob an out-of-town crook, and ropes in Lurasetti with a Forgotten Man spiel: “I don’t politic, I don’t change with the times,” he explains, lamenting how that matters more in today’s world than “good, honest hard work.”

1 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:08 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:Man, Mel Gibson, Vince Vaughan and S. Craig Zahler have a real circle jerk of ugly, brutal, hateful movies going for them. horsefeathers these guys:

what the horsefeathers
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:58 am

0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:04 pm

Spoilered for size.

Spoiler: show
0 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:35 pm

Banedon wrote:Spoilered for size.

Is a spoiler tag really necessary? I don't understand...
0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:45 pm

Regular Show wrote:

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

New York Cubs Fan
All-Star

Postby New York Cubs Fan » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:45 pm

Regular Show wrote:

0 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:47 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Regular Show wrote:

Just to reduce the size of the image? That's it?
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:03 pm

sounds like a lovely movie
0 x

New York Cubs Fan
All-Star

Postby New York Cubs Fan » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:11 pm

Regular Show wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
Regular Show wrote:

Please be trolling.
0 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:14 pm

New York Cubs Fan wrote:
Regular Show wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

Please be trolling.

Nope. I didn't understand at first. If I find an image is too large then I know how to re-format it and/or shrink it. It's pretty easy and doesn't take that long.

The easiest solution is just right-clicking on it and select "Search Google for image" and finding a smaller size.
Last edited by Regular Show on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:16 pm

And maybe people would rather see the full size pic. It ain't hurting anything to use the spoiler tags.
1 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:19 pm

Regular Show wrote:
New York Cubs Fan wrote:
Regular Show wrote:

Please be trolling.

Nope. I didn't understand at first. If I find an image is too large then I know how to re-format it and/or shrink it. It's pretty easy and doesn't take that long.

The easiest solution is just right-clicking on it and select "Search Google for image" and finding a smaller size.

seems like taking the first pic you see and putting it in spoiler if large is much easier than searching for more
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:21 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Regular Show wrote:
New York Cubs Fan wrote:
Please be trolling.

seems like taking the first pic you see and putting it in spoiler if large is much easier than searching for more

They're both pretty easy. I just didn't know people use the spoiler feature to shrink images and that's why I was confused. I honestly missed the spoiler for size part.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:45 pm

Banedon wrote:
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced today that it is going to add an award “for outstanding achievement in popular film.” What does that mean? “Eligibility requirements and other key details will be forthcoming,” according to the release in the Hollywood Reporter.

So...the summer blockbuster award?

Hahaha...nevermind. They scrapped it.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:42 pm

There's a rumor that Marvel and Guy Ritchie are working on a "Captain Britain and the Black Knight" movie.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:40 pm

Rumor is that Henry Cavill may be hanging up the cape. A deal fell through to get him to cameo in Shazam cuz of scheduling issues, and now he's cast as the lead in the Netflix series of The Witcher, DC wants to pivot to using Supergirl insted of Superman in the DCU...so that may be it for Cavill.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Anyone else here see First Reformed?

Holy horsefeathers.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Banedon wrote:Rumor is that Henry Cavill may be hanging up the cape. A deal fell through to get him to cameo in Shazam cuz of scheduling issues, and now he's cast as the lead in the Netflix series of The Witcher, DC wants to pivot to using Supergirl insted of Superman in the DCU...so that may be it for Cavill.

I have not seen a single Henry Cavill Superman appearance, outside of memes.

Kind of proud.
1 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:14 pm

I thought Val Kilmer was still Superman
1 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:49 pm

Banedon wrote:Rumor is that Henry Cavill may be hanging up the cape. A deal fell through to get him to cameo in Shazam cuz of scheduling issues, and now he's cast as the lead in the Netflix series of The Witcher, DC wants to pivot to using Supergirl insted of Superman in the DCU...so that may be it for Cavill.

And Michael B. Jordan is rumored to replace him. The racists/anti-SJW brigade's hair is already on fire. "Why not cast Nicholas Cage as Martin Luther King Jr., too, DUUURRRRRR"
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:26 pm

Henry Cavill's manager...

0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:00 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.popula ... -emmerich/

Dunkirk won't be Hollywood's sole big-budget return to WWII. The Battle of Midway is set to get the film treatment by Roland Emmerich the director of Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow

2 x

Return to “Social”