Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77524
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9756
x 12893

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:41 pm

I enjoy both of them. I also think they're both very messy movies.
0 x

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 36881
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1054
x 1394

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby OleMissCub » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:42 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
Ghostbusters (female) was better than the original.


Image
5 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77524
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9756
x 12893

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:45 pm

Dana's the real hero of those movies: she inexplicably manages to go from professionally playing in the New York Philharmonic to working in restorations for the Manhattan Museum of Art. That's bonkers.
1 x

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 33847
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
x 1711
x 1660

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:47 pm

Star Wars are C-level movies with cultural resonance, not actually good.
2 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66367
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5073
x 5043

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Banedon » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:55 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Star Wars are C-level movies with cultural resonance, not actually good.


You keep using words like "good" and "great" and those mean vastly different things to different people? Is it "good" in a film nerd way? Nope. Is it good in that I will watch it for the 1000th time just because it happens to be on TNT? yep.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77524
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9756
x 12893

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:58 pm

Banedon wrote:
Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Star Wars are C-level movies with cultural resonance, not actually good.


You keep using words like "good" and "great" and those mean vastly different things to different people? Is it "good" in a film nerd way? Nope. Is it good in that I will watch it for the 1000th time just because it happens to be on TNT? yep.


Image
0 x

User avatar
Regular Show
All-Star
Posts: 1878
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 10:16 am
Location: Chicago, IL
x 1510
x 532

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Regular Show » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:20 pm

OleMissCub wrote:Image


Is the ump saying "Boom" at the beginning of this gif? He is right lol?
0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58865
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2386
x 8061

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:30 pm

Regular Show wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:Image


Is the ump saying "Boom" at the beginning of this gif? He is right lol?

he's saying "boobs", in response to the female actors in ghostbusters and throwing them out
5 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 36881
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1054
x 1394

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby OleMissCub » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:51 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Regular Show wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:Image


Is the ump saying "Boom" at the beginning of this gif? He is right lol?

he's saying "boobs", in response to the female actors in ghostbusters and throwing them out


What about Dan Akroyd's moobs?
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77524
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9756
x 12893

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:04 pm

They provide one of the secret ingredients in Crystal Skull vodka.

The other ingredient? Insane paranoia.
0 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 33922
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 776
x 5393

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:49 pm

I read “poop”
0 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58865
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2386
x 8061

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:51 pm

he's doing the "boop" to the nose of a player just out of camera range
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66367
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5073
x 5043

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Banedon » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:45 pm

Joaquin Phoenix camera test in Joker makeup...

Spoiler: show
Image
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77524
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9756
x 12893

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:44 pm

It still seems bizarre that this movie is even happening. Like, so it's just...a Joker movie? Why? Without Batman, isn't it just, "here's a movie about a crazy guy who looks like a clown?"
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58865
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2386
x 8061

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:57 pm

Banedon wrote:Joaquin Phoenix camera test in Joker makeup...

Spoiler: show
Image

that's kurt russell
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66367
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5073
x 5043

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Banedon » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:06 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:It still seems bizarre that this movie is even happening. Like, so it's just...a Joker movie? Why? Without Batman, isn't it just, "here's a movie about a crazy guy who looks like a clown?"


I mean, Venom comes out without Spider-Man in a couple weeks so whatever I guess.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Regular Show
All-Star
Posts: 1878
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 10:16 am
Location: Chicago, IL
x 1510
x 532

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Regular Show » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:18 pm

Banedon wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:It still seems bizarre that this movie is even happening. Like, so it's just...a Joker movie? Why? Without Batman, isn't it just, "here's a movie about a crazy guy who looks like a clown?"


I mean, Venom comes out without Spider-Man in a couple weeks so whatever I guess.


And it's going to be terrible...
0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77524
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9756
x 12893

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:21 pm

Yeah, that seems like an even worse idea.
0 x

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 14960
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Lakeview
x 4724
x 1607

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby The Logan » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:26 pm

It's fine, you guys, they got Todd Phillips to direct and write it, so it's going to be hilarious full of sick ass dick jokes
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77524
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9756
x 12893

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:59 pm

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

0 x

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 14960
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Lakeview
x 4724
x 1607

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby The Logan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:12 pm

I watched Isle of Dogs last night. I enjoyed it thoroughly. That is all.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Regular Show
All-Star
Posts: 1878
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 10:16 am
Location: Chicago, IL
x 1510
x 532

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Regular Show » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:17 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Yeah, that seems like an even worse idea.


I actually think you could do a good Venom movie if you first introduce him as a villain in a Spiderman story made by Marvel (and part of the MCU). Then you give him his own film as an anti-hero with a new motivation and character progression. Venom is an interesting/sympathetic character at times.

I really think Marvel should try this with Loki -- this is basically his character arc. I'd love to see a Loki spinoff.
0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 44920
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:02 pm
Location: Naperville, IL
x 77
x 2243
Contact:

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Tim » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:28 pm

Regular Show wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Yeah, that seems like an even worse idea.


I actually think you could do a good Venom movie if you first introduce him as a villain in a Spiderman story made by Marvel (and part of the MCU). Then you give him his own film as an anti-hero with a new motivation and character progression. Venom is an interesting/sympathetic character at times.

I really think Marvel should try this with Loki -- this is basically his character arc. I'd love to see a Loki spinoff.

He's getting a tv show on the disney streaming channel
0 x
Spoiler: show

Image

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66367
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5073
x 5043

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Banedon » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:48 am

Tim wrote:
Regular Show wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Yeah, that seems like an even worse idea.


I actually think you could do a good Venom movie if you first introduce him as a villain in a Spiderman story made by Marvel (and part of the MCU). Then you give him his own film as an anti-hero with a new motivation and character progression. Venom is an interesting/sympathetic character at times.

I really think Marvel should try this with Loki -- this is basically his character arc. I'd love to see a Loki spinoff.

He's getting a tv show on the disney streaming channel


Yeah, both Loki and Scarlet Witch are supposed to be getting shows, with the MCU actors.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66367
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5073
x 5043

Re: Movie Thread 2: The Sequel

Postby Banedon » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:07 pm

Ryan Reynolds and Shawn Levy are teaming up for Free Guy, a sci-fi action comedy set up at 20th Century Fox.


Written by Matt Lieberman, the story centers on a background character who realizes he’s living in a video game. With the help of an avatar, he tries to prevent the makers of the game from shutting down his world.


https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... uy-1133159
0 x
Image


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], jb10194, Proven Veteran and 6 guests