Technology Chit-Chat

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 73824
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 7705
x 10430

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:36 am

horsefeathers, now I'm glad I deleted the FB and Messenger apps from my last couple of phones just because they're horsefeathering terrible resource/battery hogs.
0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5790
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 69
x 1241

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:31 pm

0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 57504
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1943
x 6369

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:44 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5790
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 69
x 1241

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:21 pm

0 x

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 14678
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Lincoln Park
x 3932
x 1275

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby The Logan » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:04 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:https://twitter.com/mammothfactory/status/979083093943488512?s=21


One of the people at my school was the anonymous Goldman Sachs guy in that doc.
0 x
Image

User avatar
weis21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8529
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 am
Location: ECU
x 4751
x 910

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby weis21 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:58 pm

Ok so the new girl wants my input on a new TV and I think this was already discussed here but is this a good deal/TV? Feel like IMB and others said they have one like it (could be wrong). She’s under the impression i know lots about technology and things smart people know about in general.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MTGM5 ... ref=plSrch
0 x

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 31485
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 1848
x 4403
Contact:

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:59 pm

weis21 wrote:Ok so the new girl wants my input on a new TV and I think this was already discussed here but is this a good deal/TV? Feel like IMB and others said they have one like it (could be wrong). She’s under the impression i know lots about technology and things smart people know about in general.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MTGM5 ... ref=plSrch


Yeah it's a really nice tv and for $400 there's 0 risk
1 x

User avatar
Regular Show
All-Star
Posts: 1102
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 10:16 am
Location: Chicago, IL
x 997
x 258

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby Regular Show » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:57 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=0AwK8O9Nos0

I gotta admit this is pretty awesome. It's kind of fun just to watch and we all know stepping on a damn Lego piece is annoying as hell. Kudos to whoever designed this.

https://sploid.gizmodo.com/lego-sweepin ... 1825183690
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 66501
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 760
x 1531

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby Derwood » Sun May 06, 2018 4:41 pm

I don't have a personal Instagram profile, but I created one for my department. Little did I know that you can't post photos to your Instagram from a non-mobile device, so now all of the DSLR photos I took for the page have to be emailed to my phone in order to post. What a stupid, stupid thing this is.
0 x

User avatar
Butterscup
Hall of Fame
Posts: 31481
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:25 am
x 8
x 372

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby Butterscup » Sun May 06, 2018 8:38 pm

Guess what an idiot with a DSLR did this time
9 x

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 14678
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Lincoln Park
x 3932
x 1275

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby The Logan » Mon May 07, 2018 12:04 am

Derwood wrote:I don't have a personal Instagram profile, but I created one for my department. Little did I know that you can't post photos to your Instagram from a non-mobile device, so now all of the DSLR photos I took for the page have to be emailed to my phone in order to post. What a stupid, stupid thing this is.


It's actually common practice for a lot of photographers to do something like that because they can provide better post-processing on their photography that way than the silly instafilters. You can just upload them to a cloud storage service you can access with your phone and pull them from there, i.e. Google Photos if you're on Android.

Also if your DSLR has a wifi feature you can connect it wirelessly and transfer your photos that way if you're willing to figure it out.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 66501
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 760
x 1531

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby Derwood » Mon May 07, 2018 12:08 am

The Logan wrote:
Derwood wrote:I don't have a personal Instagram profile, but I created one for my department. Little did I know that you can't post photos to your Instagram from a non-mobile device, so now all of the DSLR photos I took for the page have to be emailed to my phone in order to post. What a stupid, stupid thing this is.


It's actually common practice for a lot of photographers to do something like that because they can provide better post-processing on their photography that way than the silly instafilters. You can just upload them to a cloud storage service you can access with your phone and pull them from there, i.e. Google Photos if you're on Android.

Also if your DSLR has a wifi feature you can connect it wirelessly and transfer your photos that way if you're willing to figure it out.


I'm just going to have to email them to myself.

I get that the whole point of Instagram is to be posting your life in "real time", but enough people, organizations and businesses use it now for advertisement that you'd think they would allow desktop uploads. I get that they're trying to avoid people setting up posting-bots, but overall it's awfully inconvenient.
0 x

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 31485
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 1848
x 4403
Contact:

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Mon May 07, 2018 1:40 am

yeah instagram, the app that allows billions of people to share pictures instantly in one of about 500 filters, is terribly inconvenient
3 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 66501
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 760
x 1531

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby Derwood » Mon May 07, 2018 1:46 am

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:yeah instagram, the app that allows billions of people to share pictures instantly in one of about 500 filters, is terribly inconvenient


It's great for doing exactly what you're talking about.

It's terrible for uploading photos you didn't take on your horsefeathers phone camera
0 x

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 31485
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 1848
x 4403
Contact:

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Mon May 07, 2018 1:54 am

Derwood wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:yeah instagram, the app that allows billions of people to share pictures instantly in one of about 500 filters, is terribly inconvenient


It's great for doing exactly what you're talking about.

It's terrible for uploading photos you didn't take on your horsefeathers phone camera


its literally one tiny extra step. you're editing them on your computer anyway, put them in google drive or dropbox and you're done.
1 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 66501
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 760
x 1531

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby Derwood » Mon May 07, 2018 2:02 am

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
Derwood wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:yeah instagram, the app that allows billions of people to share pictures instantly in one of about 500 filters, is terribly inconvenient


It's great for doing exactly what you're talking about.

It's terrible for uploading photos you didn't take on your horsefeathers phone camera


its literally one tiny extra step. you're editing them on your computer anyway, put them in google drive or dropbox and you're done.


I get it, it's just dumb that an app, whose only purpose is to share photos, is really picky about how you upload those photos.

And yes, it can be argued that I'm using Instagram differently than its designed, but I've found that as a recruiting tool, Instagram gets way more eyeballs than Facebook
0 x

User avatar
JennieGarthAlgar
All-Star
Posts: 1104
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:20 am
Location: Peoria Hills, 61630
x 504
x 249

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby JennieGarthAlgar » Mon May 07, 2018 2:46 pm

Social media is really difficult for you, huh
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 57504
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1943
x 6369

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon May 07, 2018 3:05 pm

I didn't realize you could only post pics to instagram from your phone, but then I also realized I've never used anything but my phone to access it.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 66501
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 760
x 1531

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby Derwood » Mon May 07, 2018 3:56 pm

JennieGarthAlgar wrote:Social media is really difficult for you, huh


But I know how to set the clock on my VCR, so....
0 x

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5790
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 69
x 1241

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Fri May 11, 2018 3:12 pm

0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 65213
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 4080
x 4108

Re: Technology Chit-Chat

Postby Banedon » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:40 pm

0 x
Image


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests