Game of Thrones

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:37 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:we're almost certainly getting a full episode on the WWs so it could be done that way. Hell all it would take is Bran going "wait a minute, who is this guy anyway" and going backwards from there.

I meant doing it well.
0 x

Liam Neeson
Starter

Postby Liam Neeson » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:12 pm

I hope the Varys / Melisandre / Red Priestess story line isn't done poorly.

It's one of the side plots I'm looking forward to.
0 x

DiceMan4221
All-Star

Postby DiceMan4221 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:52 pm

Stannis wrote:Or Cersei is lying about her pregnancy in order to manipulate her brothers.

I hadn't considered this before, and it just makes so much sense. Spread the word.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:17 pm

DiceMan4221 wrote:
Stannis wrote:Or Cersei is lying about her pregnancy in order to manipulate her brothers.

I hadn't considered this before, and it just makes so much sense. Spread the word.

Man that was like the first thing I thought, but I actually think it a little less now.
0 x

philosophizer75
Starter

Postby philosophizer75 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:02 pm

When she first revealed herself as prego to Jaime I thought she was lying to manipulate him. The way they had her and tyrion interact made me think her pregnancy might be legit.
0 x
\:D/ wubalubaCUBCUB! \:D/

When Schwarber wins the WS with a big fat dong and uses his bat to club to death every player on the other team and half their fans, I expect every one of these talking heads to defend him. -yanrslatr

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:12 pm

philosophizer75 wrote:When she first revealed herself as prego to Jaime I thought she was lying to manipulate him. The way they had her and tyrion interact made me think her pregnancy might be legit.

Pretty much my feeling. With all the dialogue about lying in that last episode though, it kind of drive home a point about believing anything from any source who's proved to be untrustworthy. Like I have very little to believe anything from Cersei that I can't conform from.another source. But the child may be legit.
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:19 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:we're almost certainly getting a full episode on the WWs so it could be done that way. Hell all it would take is Bran going "wait a minute, who is this guy anyway" and going backwards from there.

I meant doing it well.

Why would that be doing it poorly
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:20 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:

I meant doing it well.

We already had one Bran flashback to how the Night King was created. What more do we need? An entire backstory? The raising of the wall by Bran the Builder?
0 x
Spoiler: show

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:23 pm

Tim wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:I meant doing it well.

We already had one Bran flashback to how the Night King was created. What more do we need? An entire backstory? The raising of the wall by Bran the Builder?

Why not?
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:17 pm

Tim wrote:

Why not?

Why?
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:50 pm

this has been a good illustration of the pointlessness of many complaints about the show this season
0 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:07 pm

not sure how many of you read the spoilers for each of season 7's episodes but one website in particular stated:

cersei had a miscarriage and it was to be her final scene of season 7

you can read more here.

also of note is a scene that wasn't aired detailing a conversation varys had with a small child:

[Varys] "has one scene with one of the little girls. He asks her about Qyburn, and she says he gives them sweets and looks after them. "he made xxxxx's father disappear" (I'm ever wary of leak-traps). Varys says that is good and: "Do you know what's better than having a good friend? Two good friends" ."
0 x

wolf stansson
Superstar

Postby wolf stansson » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:35 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:it only sorta looks like the stark sigil if you crop the photo in, if you look at the full screen it just looks random to me

I don't check this thread a lot, but you've got some amazingly bad takes. It's CGI. You think they coincidentally CGI'd a direwolf sigil? Like, spent money and hours painstakingly rendering the animation and it just happened? I noticed this when it aired and I'm not even an easter egg hunter when I'm watching. I let the reddit nerds do that, but this was obvious.
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:Ok, I've thought way too much about this, and here's my prediction for the end of the series.

To get Cersei on board, Tyrion, who has talked a lot about the line of succession, promised her that her child would be king/queen after whoever emerges from the war victorious, since Dany is barren.

But we know that Cersei will only have three kids, right? Well you can fudge your way around that if she dies in childbirth.

So one of two things happen. Jon and Dany win the war, the Lord of Light stops keeping Jon alive and Dany dies in the battle. Cersei dies in childbirth leaving Tyrion to raise her child up as King or Queen of the ashes/what have you.

Or, and I think this is more likely;

Jon and Dany win the war and the Lord of Light lets Jon die. Dany dies giving birth, as does Cersei. Tyrion, the only remaining bridge between the two sides (Jaime is the 1000th commander of the Night's Watch at this point) helps raise the kids (one is a boy and one is a girl) with the idea that they will marry and rule Westeros.

You're both overthinking this and giving the show runners way too much credit. They aren't spinning webs anymore, they're landing the plane. I think you can just assume the simplest reasons/scenario and that is not this. What this would be, is an insanely dumb and hated ending to a very popular television show, and they aren't going to do that. Cersei is not having a fourth child. Only 3. Shout out to Maggy the Frog. Everything Maggy said would happen, has. And with the subtle as a sledgehammer symbolism of the Jaime/Cersei split in the map room (neck, fingers, hand, etc) we can assume the Valonquar will happen as well. I also don't think there's much of a chance that Jon or Dany dies. Definitely not both. It's like you want this story to be more subversive of fantasy than it actually is.

Derwood wrote:And Jon and Dany's kid is Azor Ahai because why not

It would probably make the kid Lightbringer, drawn from the fire (Dany.)

Like stannis said, it could be any of them. Hard to argue with Jon, though. Rhaegar tried and failed to forge lightbringer (his heir) twice, plunged his sword (dong) into his love's heart (vagina) and finally forged lightbringer (Jon).
Tim wrote:
Tim wrote:We already had one Bran flashback to how the Night King was created. What more do we need? An entire backstory? The raising of the wall by Bran the Builder?

Why not?

Why?

They don't have time. Hence many of this season's problems. That said, it would be in line with the show version of Bran straight up half-assing his vision quests. I guess he just watched his deceased teen dad at his aunt's dying bedside, figured it was Jon, and then immediately bounced? "Ned, his name is," welp I've seen enough! No need to hear the end of that sentence. It's Jon. My aunt was raped and had the Crown Prince's bastard. Better get on back to the present so I can stare blankly beyond other people's shoulders. What's that Sam? Oh, word? I guess I'll go back and check out the end of that sentence and possibly do a little research on this very important thing that I already said I wanted to tell my brother, who was/is very important to me. Probably wouldn't be the worst thing if I shaded in a few details beyond "Hey bro, you're my bro but we're not, like, actually brothers."

I can't tell if the show runners just suck without George or if they're actually capable of telling the story right but are instead rushing too fast to finish. Not great either way.
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:43 pm

wolf stansson wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:it only sorta looks like the stark sigil if you crop the photo in, if you look at the full screen it just looks random to me

I don't check this thread a lot, but you've got some amazingly bad takes. It's CGI. You think they coincidentally CGI'd a direwolf sigil? Like, spent money and hours painstakingly rendering the animation and it just happened? I noticed this when it aired and I'm not even an easter egg hunter when I'm watching. I let the reddit nerds do that, but this was obvious.
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:Ok, I've thought way too much about this, and here's my prediction for the end of the series.

To get Cersei on board, Tyrion, who has talked a lot about the line of succession, promised her that her child would be king/queen after whoever emerges from the war victorious, since Dany is barren.

But we know that Cersei will only have three kids, right? Well you can fudge your way around that if she dies in childbirth.

So one of two things happen. Jon and Dany win the war, the Lord of Light stops keeping Jon alive and Dany dies in the battle. Cersei dies in childbirth leaving Tyrion to raise her child up as King or Queen of the ashes/what have you.

Or, and I think this is more likely;

Jon and Dany win the war and the Lord of Light lets Jon die. Dany dies giving birth, as does Cersei. Tyrion, the only remaining bridge between the two sides (Jaime is the 1000th commander of the Night's Watch at this point) helps raise the kids (one is a boy and one is a girl) with the idea that they will marry and rule Westeros.

You're both overthinking this and giving the show runners way too much credit. They aren't spinning webs anymore, they're landing the plane. I think you can just assume the simplest reasons/scenario and that is not this. What this would be, is an insanely dumb and hated ending to a very popular television show, and they aren't going to do that. Cersei is not having a fourth child. Only 3. Shout out to Maggy the Frog. Everything Maggy said would happen, has. And with the subtle as a sledgehammer symbolism of the Jaime/Cersei split in the map room (neck, fingers, hand, etc) we can assume the Valonquar will happen as well. I also don't think there's much of a chance that Jon or Dany dies. Definitely not both. It's like you want this story to be more subversive of fantasy than it actually is.

Derwood wrote:And Jon and Dany's kid is Azor Ahai because why not

It would probably make the kid Lightbringer, drawn from the fire (Dany.)

Like stannis said, it could be any of them. Hard to argue with Jon, though. Rhaegar tried and failed to forge lightbringer (his heir) twice, plunged his sword (dong) into his love's heart (vagina) and finally forged lightbringer (Jon).
Tim wrote:
Why not?

Why?

They don't have time. Hence many of this season's problems. That said, it would be in line with the show version of Bran straight up half-assing his vision quests. I guess he just watched his deceased teen dad at his aunt's dying bedside, figured it was Jon, and then immediately bounced? "Ned, his name is," welp I've seen enough! No need to hear the end of that sentence. It's Jon. My aunt was raped and had the Crown Prince's bastard. Better get on back to the present so I can stare blankly beyond other people's shoulders. What's that Sam? Oh, word? I guess I'll go back and check out the end of that sentence and possibly do a little research on this very important thing that I already said I wanted to tell my brother, who was/is very important to me. Probably wouldn't be the worst thing if I shaded in a few details beyond "Hey bro, you're my bro but we're not, like, actually brothers."

I can't tell if the show runners just suck without George or if they're actually capable of telling the story right but are instead rushing too fast to finish. Not great either way.

lmao im gonna guess you didnt get the memo about the name change

anyway "there's not enough time!" is a silly thing to say considering they have 6 episodes that will total like 8 hours of show, and you have no idea how many story beats they want to set up. They could spend 45 minutes explaining some background on the WW and it would be half an episode. You could literally have the WW destroying Winterfell in episode 1 and a battle between dragons in episode 2.
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:53 pm

The direwolf thing is so dumb (but not so dumb I couldn't see it being their intention.)

But the image everyone is passing around of 'OMG ITS THE STARK BANNER" is a cropped image of the full thing that looks like ... a horsefeathers fish

cropped image ITS A DIREWOLF

full image ITS A JESUS FISH
1 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:20 pm

NEW INTERNET HOT THEORY

Cersei gets killed by Jaime, but is ressurected and becomes the Night Queen
0 x

Liam Neeson
Starter

Postby Liam Neeson » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:28 pm

1 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:40 pm

Derwood wrote:NEW INTERNET HOT THEORY

Cersei gets killed by Jaime, but is ressurected and becomes the Night Queen

Lol wut
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:05 pm

Liam Neeson wrote:Image

looks like a bear; the night king is a mormont confirmed
2 x

Bobson Dugnutt
All-Star

Postby Bobson Dugnutt » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:12 pm

3 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:45 am

Look, it's the Stark sigil, ok? Doesn't mean anything since it's basically assumed that the Night's King is a Stark.
1 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:46 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:17 pm

0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:20 pm

0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:32 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Return to “Social”