Game of Thrones

Brian
Hall of Fame

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Brian » Wed May 22, 2019 6:48 pm

Sansa and Cersei is the scene we needed before the end. I liked Arya never getting to Cersei with the Hound telling her to let it go.
1 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:50 pm

Her death was flat out unsatisfying
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:03 pm

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:Her death was flat out unsatisfying

Her fearing death in her final moments was somewhat satisfying.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed May 22, 2019 7:27 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:Lapkus and Gabrus (Raised by TV) do a first and last thing where they watch shows pilots and finale that they never watched (Lapkus was the only one who never saw it). Today they are doing Game of Thrones, and the guest is Sean Clements. This is going to be fun and infuriating.

Gabrus and Clements talked about a series call The First Law trilogy which I think I will have to check out
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Wed May 22, 2019 7:31 pm

Still bummed we didn't get this -

Rhaegar met Lord Robert Baratheon in combat at a ford during the battle of the Trident, where the pair had a legendary duel in the raging rivers of the Trident. Rhaegar, despite wounding Robert, was struck down with a massive blow from Robert's warhammer, which scattered the rubies encrusted in Rhaegar's armor into the water. While Rhaegar lay dead in the stream, soldiers of both armies scrabbled in the water to search for the rubies. The location was named the ruby ford thereafter. Rhaegar died with Lyanna Stark's name on his lips

With the Ramin Djawadi score...

HBO just do the Robert's Rebellion mini-series you cowards.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed May 22, 2019 8:29 pm

1 x

snoodmonger
Superstar

Postby snoodmonger » Wed May 22, 2019 8:58 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:Lapkus and Gabrus (Raised by TV) do a first and last thing where they watch shows pilots and finale that they never watched (Lapkus was the only one who never saw it). Today they are doing Game of Thrones, and the guest is Sean Clements. This is going to be fun and infuriating.

Gabrus and Clements talked about a series call The First Law trilogy which I think I will have to check out

First law trilogy is excellent.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed May 22, 2019 9:02 pm

I never knew this was from GoT:

With that hair (and that look, though I figure this is probably not actually from the show, right? Like, behind the scenes or something), I always thought it was from something like Xena.
0 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Wed May 22, 2019 9:10 pm

Hair seems pretty on point for season 1, but yeah I'm guessing behind the scenes as I don't recall him every saying nice and smiling like that in the show

EDIT: I'll really disappoint you, he's not even saying nice.

around 6:00 he's actually saying fantastic

0 x

Chocolate Milk
5-Time All-Star

Postby Chocolate Milk » Wed May 22, 2019 9:17 pm

snoodmonger wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

First law trilogy is excellent.

Agree - very good.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed May 22, 2019 9:22 pm

Brian wrote:Hair seems pretty on point for season 1, but yeah I'm guessing behind the scenes as I don't recall him every saying nice and smiling like that in the show

EDIT: I'll really disappoint you, he's not even saying nice.

around 6:00 he's actually saying fantastic

BOOOOOOOOOO TO REALITY.

That is some pretty sweet floppy hair, though. 1997-me is insanely jealous.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed May 22, 2019 9:22 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I never knew this was from GoT:

With that hair (and that look, though I figure this is probably not actually from the show, right? Like, behind the scenes or something), I always thought it was from something like Xena.

Wait, you didn't know that was a cast interview from GOT?
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed May 22, 2019 9:24 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:

Well, yeah....why would I? I only knew it as one of the first results if you Googled "nice gif." I never thought it was GoT just because of how super 90's the dude looked.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed May 22, 2019 9:27 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

Well, yeah....why would I? I only knew it as one of the first results if you Googled "nice gif." I never thought it was GoT just because of how super 90's the dude looked.

It's the guy who plays Jaime Lannister dressed like Jaime Lannister sitting and talking to the camera exactly like every behind the scenes cast interview that has ever happened for any show.
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed May 22, 2019 9:30 pm

Dude, I watched the first few episodes almost a decade ago and that was it. I don't know a Lannister from a banister.

I just found it amusing when I finally found out what that gif was from. It's funny!
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed May 22, 2019 10:04 pm

0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Wed May 22, 2019 11:14 pm

2 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed May 22, 2019 11:31 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:Wait, you didn't know that was a cast interview from GOT?

It's the guy who plays Jaime Lannister dressed like Jaime Lannister sitting and talking to the camera exactly like every behind the scenes cast interview that has ever happened for any show.

I thought it was maybe from the show, and I just didn't remember the scene, but yeah...should've at least realized that was Jamie, Sofa.
0 x

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Wed May 22, 2019 11:38 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Dude, I watched the first few episodes almost a decade ago and that was it. I don't know a Lannister from a banister.

I just found it amusing when I finally found out what that gif was from. It's funny!

Do yourself a solid and just watch the first 4 seasons then stop.
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu May 23, 2019 12:03 am

Banedon wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

I thought it was maybe from the show, and I just didn't remember the scene, but yeah...should've at least realized that was Jamie, Sofa.

My mind is mildly blown that there's someone named "Jamie" on this show.

Look, I am actually intrigued by Bobo Aaron Eckhart's sassy smile and bitchin' hair. If you can assure me he doesn't meet a horrible end, then I might have to finally go back and at least watch a few more episodes.

Bonus points if he goes the full Oz since it's HBO.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Thu May 23, 2019 1:09 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Banedon wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:It's the guy who plays Jaime Lannister dressed like Jaime Lannister sitting and talking to the camera exactly like every behind the scenes cast interview that has ever happened for any show.

Look, I am actually intrigued by Bobo Aaron Eckhart's sassy smile and bitchin' hair. If you can assure me he doesn't meet a horrible end, then I might have to finally go back and at least watch a few more episodes.

We can't guarantee you that ANY character doesn't meet a horrible end
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Thu May 23, 2019 1:22 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Banedon wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:It's the guy who plays Jaime Lannister dressed like Jaime Lannister sitting and talking to the camera exactly like every behind the scenes cast interview that has ever happened for any show.

I can assure you he isn't murdered by a 1 day old shadow monster birthed by an ancient priestess.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Thu May 23, 2019 1:41 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:My mind is mildly blown that there's someone named "Jamie" on this show.

does the fact that it's actually Jaime make your mind less blown?

Or that he bangs his sister?
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Thu May 23, 2019 4:39 am

watching sammy sofa act 2 cool for GoT is one of the most consistently baffling things on nsbb
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu May 23, 2019 10:40 am

17 Seconds wrote:watching sammy sofa act 2 cool for GoT is one of the most consistently baffling things on nsbb

As I've said, sci-fi/fantasy shows usually just don't hook me. It's got nothing to do with me inexplicably trying to not like it, because that would be just be weird and pointless.
0 x

Return to “Social”