Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby javy knows my name » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:39 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:

Tell me more about mental health, president who speaks at a 4th grade level and is clearly showing signs of dementia
0 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:48 pm

Burtonbell wrote:Well, I'm going to get fired from my suddenly hard right boss because he was telling me there's nothing we can do about the gun laws and I said there has to be a ban on these weapons, something has to be done about crazy people getting these types of guns. He then told me Heroin is legal in some states and that the left wants Heroin legal because laws don't stop Heroin. I told him that was a dumb an [expletive] thing to say, not the best choice of words I know, but he was pissing me off and he just tee'd off on me. I don't know of anyone, even drug addicts, that want hard drugs legal including Heroin.

I know this board leans left, so does anyone here want Heroin legal? Anyone need a seasoned 20 year insurance professional in the Chicago land area? Because if he doesn't fire me I am going to quit. I'm not going to be yelled at for having a different opinion than him, or listen to his Alex Jones talking points. :banghead: :banghead:

Wait, he thinks heroin is legal in some states? I didn't even know that was a far Right thing.
0 x

Burtonbell
All-Star

Postby Burtonbell » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:52 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Burtonbell wrote:Well, I'm going to get fired from my suddenly hard right boss because he was telling me there's nothing we can do about the gun laws and I said there has to be a ban on these weapons, something has to be done about crazy people getting these types of guns. He then told me Heroin is legal in some states and that the left wants Heroin legal because laws don't stop Heroin. I told him that was a dumb an [expletive] thing to say, not the best choice of words I know, but he was pissing me off and he just tee'd off on me. I don't know of anyone, even drug addicts, that want hard drugs legal including Heroin.

I know this board leans left, so does anyone here want Heroin legal? Anyone need a seasoned 20 year insurance professional in the Chicago land area? Because if he doesn't fire me I am going to quit. I'm not going to be yelled at for having a different opinion than him, or listen to his Alex Jones talking points. :banghead: :banghead:

Wait, he thinks heroin is legal in some states? I didn't even know that was a far Right thing.

Yup he 100% said Heroin is legal in some states. He said while telling me he reads more than me, he gets his info from people who aren't using their feelings like CNN or MSNBC. He has made me periodically check his email when he is gone and lately I see a bunch of far right propaganda spam being sent to him. He says there's a ton of people who he talks to and listens to that say the "left" wants to let drugs be legal. I personally have never heard that so I assumed its some conspiracy theory on the right that the left wants the government to control people through the use of drugs.
0 x
:flythew:

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:57 pm

Chocolate Milk wrote:Oh, all we need to do is solve "mental health." That sounds really easy.

Especially with the way insurance covers mental/behavioral health.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:00 pm

Burtonbell wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Yup he 100% said Heroin is legal in some states. He said while telling me he reads more than me, he gets his info from people who aren't using their feelings like CNN or MSNBC. He has made me periodically check his email when he is gone and lately I see a bunch of far right propaganda spam being sent to him. He says there's a ton of people who he talks to and listens to that say the "left" wants to let drugs be legal. I personally have never heard that so I assumed its some conspiracy theory on the right that the left wants the government to control people through the use of drugs.

Yeesh, sorry to hear that. It's always disconcerting to figure out a co-worker or friend or family member is neck-deep in this crap. It's genuinely like finding out they moonlight as an insane person.
1 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:28 pm

Is he talking about those heroin clinics or whatever where you let addicts get a safe high? There is a growing push for those but it's still pretty far off.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:28 pm

Fwiw I'm pretty sure there is a fringe group or two that would be for legal heroin.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:29 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:Is he talking about those heroin clinics or whatever where you let addicts get a safe high? There is a growing push for those but it's still pretty far off.

Methodone clinic
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:35 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:Fwiw I'm pretty sure there is a fringe group or two that would be for legal heroin.

Seems more like an extreme Libertarian thing.
1 x

Burtonbell
All-Star

Postby Burtonbell » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:35 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:Is he talking about those heroin clinics or whatever where you let addicts get a safe high? There is a growing push for those but it's still pretty far off.

Methodone clinic

Nope, no clinics or mental health organizations to help. Just straight up legalization of Heroin. Just what us lefties want.
0 x
:flythew:

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:41 pm

Burtonbell wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

Methodone clinic

Nope, no clinics or mental health organizations to help. Just straight up legalization of Heroin. Just what us lefties want.

Tell him Cubs fans have always been on the forefront of applying heroin directly into foreheads.
2 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:02 pm

Chocolate Milk wrote:Oh, all we need to do is solve "mental health." That sounds really easy.

So, I guess this means Trump believes the attacker in NY to be mentally stable?
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

CyHawk_Cub
All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:30 pm

0 x

bcl412
Superstar

Postby bcl412 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:34 pm

This is kind of a both sides do it thing but the catch all “mental illness” term kind of annoys me. There are so many different kinds of mental illness that using it is pointless
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:41 pm

That dude wasn’t mentally ill. Saying he was is an insult to people with mental illness. Trump is a horsefeathers up and an ass, he’s not mentally ill either, he’s just a spoiled grownup rich kid.
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:34 pm

the hotel bar had fox news on, and all I saw when walking past was huge text on the screen calling for more armed security in churches. that's your solution right there. surprised nobody has ever thought of that before. we could have saved billions of lives
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:42 pm

0 x

wvcbxl
5-Time All-Star

Postby wvcbxl » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:17 pm

America's gun culture in 10 charts from BBC News.

Note: Switzerland used to have their conscripts keep their firearm at home after active service - that explains their rank on the gun ownership chart. However, that was never the case in Finland.
0 x
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. - Satchel Paige.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:25 pm

What?

0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:57 pm

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/TCU-A ... 24543.html

A shuttle bus driver at Texas Christian University opened fire on another bus driver, prompting a campus-wide alert and lock down Tuesday morning, police say.

Fort Worth police said it began as an argument between two Roadrunner drivers in the 3600 block of West Cantey Street at about 7:30 a.m.

The suspected gunman shot at the other driver and missed, police said. The shooter hit the other driver while trying to drive the bus away from the scene, police said.
0 x

CyHawk_Cub
All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:23 pm

We might need a "Guess what an idiot with a bible did this time" thread.

0 x

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:20 pm

2 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:13 pm

You have to love the "what we need to do is have more people with guns" solution.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:53 pm

this stuff barely crosses the radar nowadays

0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:08 am

it sounds like a locked door is all that saved us from another sandy hook
0 x

Return to “Social”