Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby big ball chunky time » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:08 pm

Tim wrote:
CubinNY wrote:
Tim wrote:No.

I get the point you're making here, but there are at least 1000 men with a history of violence/harassment towards women for every mass shooter. Maybe more like 1,000,000 : 1.

Now, I believe the point you're trying to make is that nearly all mass shooters have a history of violence/harassment. But we should not expect Louis CK to suddenly become a mass shooter.

Yes, that is exactly what I wrote. Not all people who have a history of domestic violence/harassment toward women become mass shooters, but most mass shooters have a history of domestic violence/harassment. That was my point. You turned the point I was making around for, reasons?

You're doubling down? You obviously have no idea what a 1:1 correlation means.

Think of it as a Venn diagram. a 1:1 correlation means that the circles in the diagram are exactly the same. The reality is that mass shooters are a tiny little circle (mostly) inside a huge one for guys that are dicks to women.

drag him sis
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:10 pm

Hey, #notallshittymen, I guess?
1 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:44 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:this sounds like another family dispute turned mass shooting

this story is ugly

The brother of the Colts Neck man found dead along with his wife and two children in a quadruple homicide at their burning mansion Tuesday has been charged with setting his own house ablaze hours earlier the same day.
Paul Caneiro, 51, was booked in the Monmouth County jail in Freehold Wednesday morning on one count of aggravated arson in Ocean Township, jail records show.

Caneiro's brother, Keith and his family were found dead Tuesday at their Colts Neck estate, according to sources. Keith Caneiro was found with a gunshot wound that did not appear to be self-inflicted outside his smoldering Colts Neck mansion Tuesday afternoon, sources previously told NJ Advance Media. The mansion was in flames when authorities arrived around 12:45 p.m.

damn, the guy tried to torch his own home while his wife and kids were sleeping. Then failed at that and killed his brother's family.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:25 pm

On two separate occasions in the last two weeks cops have shot “good guys” with a gun after shooting. The common denominator, they were Black.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:20 pm

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/pol ... s-59462810

I know we don't usually post the whole article, but it's short...

Police in North Carolina say a man shot and wounded his son on Thanksgiving after a heated fight about NFL athletes kneeling during the national anthem.

Cary police say 21-year-old Esteban Marley Valencia and his brother argued during dinner about the athletes' protest of racial injustice. News outlets report 51-year-old Jorge Luis Valencia-Lamadrid told officers Valencia then physically attacked his other son so he retrieved a shotgun.

Valencia-Lamadrid said Valencia started throwing furniture and hit him in the face with a water bottle. He said he had been holding the gun by its pistol grip and squeezed the trigger. Valencia was shot in the hand and leg. He was taken to a hospital for treatment.

Valencia-Lamadrid was arrested and charged with aggravated assault. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:05 pm

these are the only good versions of this story

3 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:41 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:these are the only good versions of this story

I don't think I realized quite how trashy arizona was until all the Arizona jokes in The Good Place and now I'm noticing much more when weird crap happens in that state.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:54 pm

Banedon wrote:

I don't think I realized quite how trashy arizona was until all the Arizona jokes in The Good Place and now I'm noticing much more when weird crap happens in that state.

Also:

4 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:01 pm

1 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:10 pm

A teenager was en route to an Indiana middle school Thursday to commit an act of violence, but police were able to stop him after receiving a tip, state police said.

The teen exchanged gunfire with police at Dennis Intermediate School in Richmond before killing himself, Indiana State Police Sgt. John Bowling told reporters, citing preliminary results of the investigation.

"Someone knew something, and they said something," the sergeant said, attributing the fact that no students were hurt to the tipster.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/13/us/richm ... index.html
0 x

stitchface
Superstar

Postby stitchface » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:46 pm

https://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Po ... 525495.php

why not just go directly to killing yourself and leave the rest of us out of it?
0 x

Bluescale
All-Star

Postby Bluescale » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:12 am

CubinNY wrote:
Splendid Splinter wrote:
CubinNY wrote:That’s so much [expletive] I can smell it from here.

Which part? You really think cops (especially SRO) aren't trained that way or something?

The part that happens in real life, not gut nut wet dreams.

It does. The California bar shooting is an example of this very strategy. It ended tragically for the first officer in, but it was absolutely the right thing to do.
0 x
A toast to Darrel Sink - a lifelong Cubs fan. You'll be missed.

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:15 am

Banedon wrote:

VERY topical south park reference

0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:31 pm

Police responded Monday to an active shooting at a UPS facility in Logan Township, New Jersey, the company said in a statement.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:43 pm

Banedon wrote:
Police responded Monday to an active shooting at a UPS facility in Logan Township, New Jersey, the company said in a statement.

Shortly after a local prosecutor said police were negotiating Monday with a hostage taker a UPS facility in Logan Township, New Jersey, a Gloucester County spokeswoman told CNN it is "resolved."

She did not immediately provide details.
Minutes before, Gloucester County prosecutor Charles Fiore said at a news conference that police were in speaking via telephone with a man holding two women hostage at the facility.
The women had not been harmed, he said, but details of the hostage situation were not clear as the three were barricaded in a room at the facility. The women are UPS employees, he said.
Though shots were fired, there are no reports of injuries, Fiore said at the time.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Guess this one just flew under the radar as part of the new normal:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/25/us/flori ... index.html

The man suspected of killing five women at a Florida bank had interactions with police officers in Indiana in recent years after they received concerned calls reporting his desire to kill or harm people, authorities said.

Zephen Xaver, 21, shot all five people execution-style Wednesday at the SunTrust Bank in Sebring, according to an affidavit released by the Highland County Sheriff's Office.

After the shooting, he called 911 and told dispatchers he was in the bank, armed with a handgun and wearing a bulletproof vest, the affidavit said.

"I have shot five people," Sebring police Chief Karl Hoglund quoted him as saying.

Officers found the women lying face down in the lobby with apparent gunshot wounds in their backs and heads. The suspect was barricaded inside, police said.

If only there had been warning signs...

n documents released to CNN by the Bremen Police Department in Indiana, officers detailed previous encounters with Xaver when he lived in the state.

As a 16-year-old student at Bremen High School, Xaver was taken to a behavioral health center in February 2014 after he told a school counselor "he had a dream last night of killing students in a classroom," according to a police report.

He said he had the same dream again during an afternoon nap at school, it said. The investigation is listed as closed after he was taken to the health center.

n March 2017, Michigan State Police contacted the Bremen Police Department to report that a female student was getting messages from Xaver saying he was "possibly thinking of suicide by cop" and "taking hostages," the police report said. Officers contacted his mother, who declined police assistance and said she would speak with him, it said.

Oh well! Thank goodness he was able to get his guns!

When he was arrested, Xaver wore a shirt with an artist's rendering of four apocalyptic riders. On the back, it had images of an assault rifle and a scythe.
Last edited by Sammy Sofa on Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:39 pm

his girlfriend also claimed he regularly stated he wanted to hurt/kill people but none of the friends believed him, or thought much of it.

there's always huge signs with these people
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:18 pm

Also (piggybacking on the recent discussion here about how the legitimizing/mainstreaming of paranoia-peddlers who prey on people with issues and how that's going to be causing damage for a long, long time):

Zephen Xaver’s Facebook page reveals few details about him. Xaver “likes” the page of far-right activist Milo Yiannopoulos along with a page dedicated to memes featuring conspiracy theorist Alex Jones. Xaver also reviewed Yiannopoulos’ page, leaving a 5-star rating in 2017.
0 x

Cubfanintheknow
All-Star

Postby Cubfanintheknow » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:40 pm

0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:07 pm

https://wnep.com/2019/01/25/four-people ... -shooting/

This is the closest to "home" that a shooting has taken place.
0 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:48 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/26/us/louis ... index.html

there is a national emergency at the Southern border, this can't go on.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:12 am

So the last 2 mass shootings brought up in this thread were committed by dudes named Zephen Xaver and Dakota Theriot.

What the horsefeathers.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:04 pm

In Alabama, the legislature is considering and may actually pass a law that will allow everyone above 18 to carry a weapon at all times.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:11 pm

CubinNY wrote:In Alabama, the legislature is considering and may actually pass a law that will allow everyone above 18 to carry a weapon at all times.

What about minorities?
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:25 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
CubinNY wrote:In Alabama, the legislature is considering and may actually pass a law that will allow everyone above 18 to carry a weapon at all times.

What about minorities?

I think that's why the sheriff's associate is against it. Supposedly, you're supposed to get a permit, but it will be optional.
0 x

Return to “Social”