Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56263
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1546
x 4985

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:40 pm

Stannis wrote:
DiceMan4221 wrote:
Stannis wrote:
as the father of a 9-year old daughter, my heart goes out to him. he's an idiot that has no idea that things are dangerous. he didn't deserve to lose his daughter, that sucks, and it's something that will probably end him, in some way.

I have a 4 year old daughter and a 2 year old daughter and I feel nothing for him but contempt.


Ok, i guess.

Rotten idiot deserved to lose a child, right?
deserves got nothing to do with it more like incredibly dumb horsefeathers kills child.
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

weis21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8332
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 am
Location: ECU
x 3857
x 775

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby weis21 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:49 pm

Stannis wrote:
DiceMan4221 wrote:
Stannis wrote:
as the father of a 9-year old daughter, my heart goes out to him. he's an idiot that has no idea that things are dangerous. he didn't deserve to lose his daughter, that sucks, and it's something that will probably end him, in some way.

I have a 4 year old daughter and a 2 year old daughter and I feel nothing for him but contempt.


Ok, i guess.

Rotten idiot deserved to lose a child, right?

yeah, it's a horsefeathers situation for sure. i mean i get he's an idiot and people are obviously going to rightly cast (well deserved) blame on him. but, he lost his daughter - the humane side in all of us should feel something for him. coming from a poor area myself there are a lot of people who i still talk to from time-to-time from high school who are completely clueless on a lot of these things (politics, gun control, etc.). it's one of those catch 22 situations where you don't want to discount how horsefeathering dumb they are but at the same time you kind of shake your head because you feel for them. because they were put in a situation when they never stood a chance. that spans all areas and races. when education is lacking you're going to have more people do dumb things. perhaps we should start trying to educate people in this country. but i'm preaching to the choir to anyone with a decent head on their shoulders as NC is 50th in the country in education in a country that has failed it's citizens horribly in investing the resources to a strong education. i'm getting off subject so i'll call it quits here, but what a horsefeathers situation and scenario
0 x

User avatar
DiceMan4221
All-Star
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 1360
x 490
Contact:

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby DiceMan4221 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:23 pm

0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous

User avatar
Stannis
RIP Sulley
Posts: 45898
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Winterfell
x 155
x 421

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby Stannis » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:52 pm



Eh, stop trying to be mojo.
0 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

User avatar
Stannis
RIP Sulley
Posts: 45898
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Winterfell
x 155
x 421

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby Stannis » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:52 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Stannis wrote:
DiceMan4221 wrote:I have a 4 year old daughter and a 2 year old daughter and I feel nothing for him but contempt.


Ok, i guess.

Rotten idiot deserved to lose a child, right?
deserves got nothing to do with it more like incredibly dumb horsefeathers kills child.


And father loses child.
0 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

User avatar
DiceMan4221
All-Star
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 1360
x 490
Contact:

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby DiceMan4221 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:36 pm

Stannis wrote:


Eh, stop trying to be mojo.

Um, I'm clearly just me. I have never, and will never, post any Simpsons memes. I just think its weird that you jumped to the defense of someone that killed his daughter. I feel way way way way way worse for the guy's surviving sons than for the Dad. This is 100% his fault. ...fine, 99% his fault if you want to leave room for the fact that he is the product of his genes and circumstances. But if that is the case, we shouldn't be allowed to be contemptuous or angry at anyone or anything, right?
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous

User avatar
Stannis
RIP Sulley
Posts: 45898
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Winterfell
x 155
x 421

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby Stannis » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:15 pm

You said contempt was all you felt, and i didn't say that he isn't completely responsible.

But you're using a strawman or (slippery slope argument, can't remember which) that turns feelings of compassion for a man who lost his little girl (and knows it's all his fault, i'm sure) into me saying everyone is blameless, all the time. It sounds like rhetoric that social conservatives like to use, and completely sociopathic.
1 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

User avatar
Stannis
RIP Sulley
Posts: 45898
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Winterfell
x 155
x 421

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby Stannis » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:17 pm

I mean, it's possible to have conflicting emotions about something.
2 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

User avatar
DiceMan4221
All-Star
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 1360
x 490
Contact:

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby DiceMan4221 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:57 pm

Yes, contempt is all I feel for a guy that takes a gun, loaded or not, into his house and pulls the trigger while aiming it at a door way inside of a house he lives in with 3 of his children, REGARDLESS OF THE OUTCOME. I'm probably a sociopath because of this thought process, but at least my children will be relatively safe because of my social-conservative leanings. He totally deserved the fate of killing his daughter. (What was that about a strawman?)

Seriously though, why are you making excuses for this guy? You can feel bad for him if you want and I wouldn't think less of you for it, but when you start to just blame his upbringing and mental capacity is where you leave me behind. Hell, I'm a determinist and I still don't let that fly. I hold no quarter for horsefeathers parents. He can feel all the sorrow in the world and it won't change the fact that he killed an innocent child and ruined the lives of a lot of others because he was an idiot with a gun. I won't demand he spends his life behind bars or even any time in jail, but I feel no empathy for him. Sorry.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous

PosterToBeNamedLater
Starter
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:43 pm
x 724
x 169

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby PosterToBeNamedLater » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:19 pm

When I read about that story when it first happened, I remember reading an article that made it seem like he did more than just shoot randomly at an empty space and hit the daughter who happened to appear right then. Like maybe he was actually pointing it at the kids, thinking it wasn't loaded. The article mentioned that she walked in, he pointed it at her and shot.

This wasn't specifically the article I remember, but I found this just now:

http://people.com/crime/fathers-fatally ... un-safety/

According to court documents, Eric Hummel, 33, from Hobart, Indiana, was talking to his sons on June 10, when his daughter Olivia walked into the room. Believing the gun was not loaded, he pointed it towards her and shot, he told police.


Hummel 9-year-old son told the detective he knew the gun wasn’t loaded at first because “when he shoot it at me it just made a little pop sound,” the report states. The boy said Hummel had allegedly pointed the gun at him “probably like two times” and “a few times” at this brother.

Hummel then loaded the gun and stated “never use a gun, don’t play with guns,” the 9-year-old said, according to the report. Olivia then walked in the room and Hummel — who, according to the 9-year-old, forgot the gun was loaded — turned around and allegedly said, “See don’t play with guns” and “he shooted her,” the report alleges.
0 x

User avatar
DiceMan4221
All-Star
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 1360
x 490
Contact:

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby DiceMan4221 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:25 pm

Heart-breaking and infuriating. Screw that guy to death.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56263
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1546
x 4985

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:29 am

DiceMan4221 wrote:Yes, contempt is all I feel for a guy that takes a gun, loaded or not, into his house and pulls the trigger while aiming it at a door way inside of a house he lives in with 3 of his children, REGARDLESS OF THE OUTCOME. I'm probably a sociopath because of this thought process, but at least my children will be relatively safe because of my social-conservative leanings. He totally deserved the fate of killing his daughter. (What was that about a strawman?)

Seriously though, why are you making excuses for this guy? You can feel bad for him if you want and I wouldn't think less of you for it, but when you start to just blame his upbringing and mental capacity is where you leave me behind. Hell, I'm a determinist and I still don't let that fly. I hold no quarter for horsefeathers parents. He can feel all the sorrow in the world and it won't change the fact that he killed an innocent child and ruined the lives of a lot of others because he was an idiot with a gun. I won't demand he spends his life behind bars or even any time in jail, but I feel no empathy for him. Sorry.

No time in jail? He should hang.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 36221
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 823
x 1079

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby OleMissCub » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:55 am

TruffleShuffle wrote:

these alt-right losers have to be some of the dumbest people on earth.


Sweet Jesus at the white trash. I find it interesting that most of these rubes aren't even from the South.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Stannis
RIP Sulley
Posts: 45898
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Winterfell
x 155
x 421

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby Stannis » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:11 am

DiceMan4221 wrote:Yes, contempt is all I feel for a guy that takes a gun, loaded or not, into his house and pulls the trigger while aiming it at a door way inside of a house he lives in with 3 of his children, REGARDLESS OF THE OUTCOME. I'm probably a sociopath because of this thought process, but at least my children will be relatively safe because of my social-conservative leanings. He totally deserved the fate of killing his daughter. (What was that about a strawman?)

Seriously though, why are you making excuses for this guy? You can feel bad for him if you want and I wouldn't think less of you for it, but when you start to just blame his upbringing and mental capacity is where you leave me behind. Hell, I'm a determinist and I still don't let that fly. I hold no quarter for horsefeathers parents. He can feel all the sorrow in the world and it won't change the fact that he killed an innocent child and ruined the lives of a lot of others because he was an idiot with a gun. I won't demand he spends his life behind bars or even any time in jail, but I feel no empathy for him. Sorry.


I made zero excuses for him. I feel empathy for him because he lost a child he didn't wish to lose.
1 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

User avatar
Stannis
RIP Sulley
Posts: 45898
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Winterfell
x 155
x 421

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby Stannis » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:15 am

PosterToBeNamedLater wrote:When I read about that story when it first happened, I remember reading an article that made it seem like he did more than just shoot randomly at an empty space and hit the daughter who happened to appear right then. Like maybe he was actually pointing it at the kids, thinking it wasn't loaded. The article mentioned that she walked in, he pointed it at her and shot.

This wasn't specifically the article I remember, but I found this just now:

http://people.com/crime/fathers-fatally ... un-safety/

According to court documents, Eric Hummel, 33, from Hobart, Indiana, was talking to his sons on June 10, when his daughter Olivia walked into the room. Believing the gun was not loaded, he pointed it towards her and shot, he told police.


Hummel 9-year-old son told the detective he knew the gun wasn’t loaded at first because “when he shoot it at me it just made a little pop sound,” the report states. The boy said Hummel had allegedly pointed the gun at him “probably like two times” and “a few times” at this brother.

Hummel then loaded the gun and stated “never use a gun, don’t play with guns,” the 9-year-old said, according to the report. Olivia then walked in the room and Hummel — who, according to the 9-year-old, forgot the gun was loaded — turned around and allegedly said, “See don’t play with guns” and “he shooted her,” the report alleges.


Well, that kind of changes things.
0 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

User avatar
DiceMan4221
All-Star
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 1360
x 490
Contact:

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby DiceMan4221 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Stannis wrote: he's an idiot that has no idea that things are dangerous.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous

User avatar
Stannis
RIP Sulley
Posts: 45898
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Winterfell
x 155
x 421

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby Stannis » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:41 pm

DiceMan4221 wrote:
Stannis wrote: he's an idiot that has no idea that things are dangerous.


yeah, that's not an excuse to accidentally murder your daughter, it IS a reason to feel some empathy for him.
0 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

User avatar
Stannis
RIP Sulley
Posts: 45898
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Winterfell
x 155
x 421

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby Stannis » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:48 pm

But, like I said, it appears things have changed. if he's pointing the gun at his kids and pulling the trigger, that's beyond ignorance.
0 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

User avatar
DiceMan4221
All-Star
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 1360
x 490
Contact:

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby DiceMan4221 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:50 pm

Does this mean I'm not a sociopath anymore?
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous

User avatar
Stannis
RIP Sulley
Posts: 45898
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Winterfell
x 155
x 421

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby Stannis » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:55 pm

DiceMan4221 wrote:Does this mean I'm not a sociopath anymore?


No, because you had no empathy at all for a guy who lost a kid. And this was before we knew the rest.
0 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56263
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1546
x 4985

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:26 pm

Stannis wrote:
DiceMan4221 wrote:Does this mean I'm not a sociopath anymore?


No, because you had no empathy at all for a guy who lost a kid. And this was before we knew the rest.

For the record, I read this story the first time with that information. We knew that information before, which is why I haven't changed my opinion about the [expletive] who slaughtered his daughter.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70452
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 5857
x 7843

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:37 pm

Now, if it had been because of cancer? Welllllllllll, these things happen.
0 x

User avatar
Stannis
RIP Sulley
Posts: 45898
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Winterfell
x 155
x 421

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby Stannis » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:42 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Now, if it had been because of cancer? Welllllllllll, these things happen.


Nah, losing a kid to cancer sucks, too.

But be quiet, eunuch, and let the virile beings discuss this.
1 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

User avatar
DiceMan4221
All-Star
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 1360
x 490
Contact:

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby DiceMan4221 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:03 pm

Stannis wrote:
DiceMan4221 wrote:Does this mean I'm not a sociopath anymore?


No, because you had no empathy at all for a guy who lost a kid. And this was before we knew the rest.

Bummer. I was so close to being a real boy.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous

User avatar
Stannis
RIP Sulley
Posts: 45898
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Winterfell
x 155
x 421

Re: Guess what an idiot with a gun did this time

Postby Stannis » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:06 pm

DiceMan4221 wrote:
Stannis wrote:
DiceMan4221 wrote:Does this mean I'm not a sociopath anymore?


No, because you had no empathy at all for a guy who lost a kid. And this was before we knew the rest.

Bummer. I was so close to being a real boy.


No you werent
0 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Derwood, Hairyducked Idiot, OleMissCub, Splendid Splinter and 2 guests