Video Game Thread

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 71214
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 6318
x 8315

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:47 pm

The Logan wrote:Yeah the Mordor games are basically just the Batman games but with LotR. I'm perfectly fine with that.


The Batman games wish they were as good as the LotR games, and I love the Batman games. I want a damn Jedi game that basically uses the SoM template.
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 65344
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 539
x 1216

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Derwood » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:08 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
The Logan wrote:Yeah the Mordor games are basically just the Batman games but with LotR. I'm perfectly fine with that.


The Batman games wish they were as good as the LotR games, and I love the Batman games. I want a damn Jedi game that basically uses the SoM template.


I liked the Batman games better, but it's about the best 3rd person action game engine around. I didn't bother with the second Mordor game, as I got bored with the first one, but its a weird thing to complain about.
0 x

User avatar
Stannis
RIP Sulley
Posts: 45935
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:17 pm
Location: Winterfell
x 156
x 423

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Stannis » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
The Logan wrote:Yeah the Mordor games are basically just the Batman games but with LotR. I'm perfectly fine with that.


The Batman games wish they were as good as the LotR games, and I love the Batman games. I want a damn Jedi game that basically uses the SoM template.


Ick. Those games are so repetitive
0 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 65344
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 539
x 1216

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Derwood » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Stannis wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
The Logan wrote:Yeah the Mordor games are basically just the Batman games but with LotR. I'm perfectly fine with that.


The Batman games wish they were as good as the LotR games, and I love the Batman games. I want a damn Jedi game that basically uses the SoM template.


Ick. Those games are so repetitive


Unlike dying 400 times in a row to the same Dark Souls boss, which is full of variety
0 x

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 54501
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 311
x 4188

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:16 pm

So Black Friday got me and I decided to snag an Xbox One, my first console since the PS2. Generally I enjoyed sports games and platformers when I did play, I'm not much for shooters or RPGs. I plan on checking out EA Access and the backwards compatible 360 games since I don't plan on sinking a ton of time/money into gaming. Any other games that I should be sure to check out?
0 x

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 14486
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Lincoln Park
x 3169
x 1051

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby The Logan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:53 am

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:So Black Friday got me and I decided to snag an Xbox One, my first console since the PS2. Generally I enjoyed sports games and platformers when I did play, I'm not much for shooters or RPGs. I plan on checking out EA Access and the backwards compatible 360 games since I don't plan on sinking a ton of time/money into gaming. Any other games that I should be sure to check out?


Sunset Overdrive is probably dirt cheap now. It was a launch title, and a quintessential one. It's a trip.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Proven Veteran
All-Star
Posts: 2045
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:47 pm
Location: Oakland, CA
x 534
x 117

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Proven Veteran » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:18 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:So Black Friday got me and I decided to snag an Xbox One, my first console since the PS2. Generally I enjoyed sports games and platformers when I did play, I'm not much for shooters or RPGs. I plan on checking out EA Access and the backwards compatible 360 games since I don't plan on sinking a ton of time/money into gaming. Any other games that I should be sure to check out?

Should have gotten a PS4.
1 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 65344
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 539
x 1216

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Derwood » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:00 am

Proven Veteran wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:So Black Friday got me and I decided to snag an Xbox One, my first console since the PS2. Generally I enjoyed sports games and platformers when I did play, I'm not much for shooters or RPGs. I plan on checking out EA Access and the backwards compatible 360 games since I don't plan on sinking a ton of time/money into gaming. Any other games that I should be sure to check out?

Should have gotten a PS4.


Yep, rookie move
0 x

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 30964
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 1524
x 3524
Contact:

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:04 am

does it really matter anymore? I mean i have a ps4 too but i can't imagine there's any real appreciable difference, especially if you have very little time to play in the first place.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 65344
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 539
x 1216

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Derwood » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:05 am

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:does it really matter anymore? I mean i have a ps4 too but i can't imagine there's any real appreciable difference, especially if you have very little time to play in the first place.


Only from a console exclusives point of view, where PS4 has wiped the floor with Xbox this generation
0 x

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 54501
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 311
x 4188

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:15 am

Derwood wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:does it really matter anymore? I mean i have a ps4 too but i can't imagine there's any real appreciable difference, especially if you have very little time to play in the first place.


Only from a console exclusives point of view, where PS4 has wiped the floor with Xbox this generation


I don't really care about that. This is my first Xbox and I had a PS1 and PS2, but my social circle that I'd be playing with is on the XB1 so that's the choice.
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 65344
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 539
x 1216

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Derwood » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:28 am

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
Derwood wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:does it really matter anymore? I mean i have a ps4 too but i can't imagine there's any real appreciable difference, especially if you have very little time to play in the first place.


Only from a console exclusives point of view, where PS4 has wiped the floor with Xbox this generation


I don't really care about that. This is my first Xbox and I had a PS1 and PS2, but my social circle that I'd be playing with is on the XB1 so that's the choice.


If you’re primarily playing online, that makes sense.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 71214
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 6318
x 8315

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:49 am

I just figured he would want to play The Show, and since that's PS4-only that would make it the better choice for that alone.
1 x

User avatar
Butterscup
Hall of Fame
Posts: 31426
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:25 am
x 4
x 308

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Butterscup » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:10 pm

holy horsefeathers Horizon Zero Dawn is insanely good. what a joy this game is to play.
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21650
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 511
x 799

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby 17 Seconds » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:43 pm

Butterscup wrote:holy horsefeathers Horizon Zero Dawn is insanely good. what a joy this game is to play.


are you playing in 1080p or 4k? i've been waiting until i have 4k/hdr to play this. even at 1080p it looks amazing.
0 x

User avatar
Butterscup
Hall of Fame
Posts: 31426
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:25 am
x 4
x 308

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Butterscup » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:31 pm

17 Seconds wrote:
Butterscup wrote:holy horsefeathers Horizon Zero Dawn is insanely good. what a joy this game is to play.


are you playing in 1080p or 4k? i've been waiting until i have 4k/hdr to play this. even at 1080p it looks amazing.


1080 for me. i bet 4k is just bonkers.
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 65344
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 539
x 1216

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Derwood » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:56 am

I think Horizon would have been the consensus Game of the Year if the Switch didn't exist
0 x

User avatar
Liam Neeson
Starter
Posts: 945
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 11:21 pm
x 183
x 571

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Liam Neeson » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:12 pm

Assassins Creed Black Flag is free for PC all week. All you need is a Uplay account.

https://freetrial.ubisoft.com/promotion ... k-flag/16/
1 x
Image

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 30964
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 1524
x 3524
Contact:

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:34 am

Not to get real Derwood on your asses but after 11 seasons as Tampa Bay's GM, I finally managed to win a world series and have won my way into a decent payroll even though my lame-ass fans are still not loyal (but they do keep coming to the games at least)
1 x
Image

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 64243
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 3184
x 3345

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Banedon » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:47 pm

All of the Leisure Suit Larry games were released on Steam. You can get them in a bundle on sale for $21.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 64243
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 3184
x 3345

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Banedon » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:22 pm

The Portal sequel everyone has been waiting for.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/68441 ... or_Portal/


It's actually supposedly very good and I'm gonna get it.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Liam Neeson
Starter
Posts: 945
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 11:21 pm
x 183
x 571

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Liam Neeson » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:34 pm

Banedon wrote:The Portal sequel everyone has been waiting for.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/68441 ... or_Portal/


It's actually supposedly very good and I'm gonna get it.


I put so many hours into Poly Bridge. Poly Bridge with Portals sounds good to me.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 64243
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 3184
x 3345

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Banedon » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Nintendo of America has revived Nintendo Power as a podcast. Chris Slate, former Editor-in-chief for the Nintendo Power magazine, and current Manager of Corporate Communications for Nintendo of America, is the host.

0 x
Image

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 64243
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 3184
x 3345

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Banedon » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:33 pm

The steam winter sale has begun.
2 x
Image

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 2391
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 259

Re: RE: Re: Video Game Thread

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:46 am

Banedon wrote:The Portal sequel everyone has been waiting for.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/68441 ... or_Portal/


It's actually supposedly very good and I'm gonna get it.
Oh my, that is gonna be amazing. I love feeling actual sense of accomplishment when playing video games and beating some Portal levels certainly gave me that rush. Such a fun game. I've never played the bridge constructor but that looks like a seamless merging of concepts and a [expletive] of good time.
0 x


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests