Postby Derwood » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:08 pm

PS4 owners, there is a huge sale going on right now:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2020/01/03 ... es-2020/#2
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Derwood » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:36 pm

Enjoying Star Wars. It's a lot more Tomb Raider/Uncharted than I anticipated.

NOT a good game to play during the day, however, as the game is really dark
0 x

Bertz
All-Star

Postby Bertz » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:25 pm

I'm WAY too much of a wimp to play it, but the Resident Evil 3 REmake looks absolutely incredible:

0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:31 pm

Just finished Jedi: Fallen Order.

Overall, pretty fun. Being locked into 100% melee combat was a tough challenge (couldn't Cal pick up a blaster now and then?) but the level design was pretty good and the story was cool. Great music
0 x

UK
Hall of Fame

Postby UK » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:12 pm

I can't wait for MLB the Show to come out with franchise relocation and full minor league rosters.

For the life of me though, why they have no online franchise mode is beyond me.
1 x
"It was kind of weird to look in the mirror the first time I tried my hat on." - Mark Bellhorn

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:35 pm

UK wrote:I can't wait for MLB the Show to come out with franchise relocation and full minor league rosters.

Is this a wish list or an announcement?
0 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:55 pm

Derwood wrote:
UK wrote:I can't wait for MLB the Show to come out with franchise relocation and full minor league rosters.

Announced.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:38 pm

cl smooth wrote:
Derwood wrote:

Announced.

Did they say how they reached an agreement with the minor league players? The hurdle always used to be that any player who is not part of MLBPA could not be in the game
0 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:42 pm

Derwood wrote:
cl smooth wrote:
Derwood wrote:

Announced.

Did they say how they reached an agreement with the minor league players? The hurdle always used to be that any player who is not part of MLBPA could not be in the game

https://news.theshownation.com/articles ... -schedule/

with the announcement of the show going multi-platform (xbox, pc) in 2021, a lot of folks in the gaming community are thinking that san diego studios is pulling out all the stops before that happens in order to increase interest.
0 x

Chocolate Milk
5-Time All-Star

Postby Chocolate Milk » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:28 pm

Anyone play Slay the Spire? I played it on gamepass then ended up buying it for switch. It's a card game. Highly recommend.
0 x

philosophizer75
All-Star

Postby philosophizer75 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:43 pm

I've played some Slay the Spire. I enjoyed it, and that surprised me, as card games aren't usually my speed whatsoever (except for gwent in witcher 3). I did enjoy the roguelike aspect of it and how you didnt really go into a run with a deck, you have to build it on the fly.

Anyone play Katana Zero? It's a 2D hack and slash platformer. Playing it was an absolute blast, the soundtrack BUMPS and the combat controls feel silky smooth. The story was captivating, and the developer has promised more to come on the story front (beating the game as it stands grants an achievement called "To Be Continued"). Took me about 7-8 hours to beat, and my best speedrun time is about 45 minutes. I've never been into speed running, but once you beat the game you unlock a speedrun option and clearing levels in this game at breakneck pace proved super satisfying.
1 x
\:D/ wubalubaCUBCUB! \:D/

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:04 pm

Chocolate Milk wrote:Anyone play Slay the Spire? I played it on gamepass then ended up buying it for switch. It's a card game. Highly recommend.

Yep...I was quite obsessed with it for a while. Great game.
0 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:49 pm

started god of war over the weekend. holy horsefeathers, this game is great!
1 x

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:28 pm

My Friend Pedro is a blast. Should be on GamePass.
1 x

Chocolate Milk
5-Time All-Star

Postby Chocolate Milk » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:38 pm

Banedon wrote:
Chocolate Milk wrote:Anyone play Slay the Spire? I played it on gamepass then ended up buying it for switch. It's a card game. Highly recommend.

Yep...I was quite obsessed with it for a while. Great game.

Love this game. It's a time annihilator - brought my switch on a recent business trip and was actually disappointed when the plane was landing.
1 x

Bote McBoteface
All-Star

Postby Bote McBoteface » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:02 pm

So this isnt a video game, although there are digital versions...has anybody played the board game Hive? I hadn’t heard of it even though its apparently been around since 2001. The wife and I received it as a gift over the holidays and we love it, been playing it like addicts ever since. It kind of reminds me of a variation of chess. Theres multiple different game pieces and they each move in unique ways. Games only last about 10 minutes or so, so you can play a best of 5 series quickly. I really highly recommend it, especially with the 3 expansion packs that add a lot to the game. Its a fun 2 person activity, so for couples who find themselves bored at home a lot it would be great.
1 x

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:50 pm

Apparently a demo for the FF7 remake has dropped. Start the hype.

Personally, I've been replaying FF8. I always seem to go back to it. It's just so easy to break. Play a bunch of Triple Triad, turn the cards into crazy-strong spells, junction them to your strength, profit. Since the enemies level up with you, just turn on Encounter-None and never level up.

At this point, I'm basically walking around picking up plot points, and then occasionally steamrolling a boss. It's incredibly relaxing.
1 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:09 pm

Rob wrote:Apparently a demo for the FF7 remake has dropped. Start the hype.

Personally, I've been replaying FF8. I always seem to go back to it. It's just so easy to break. Play a bunch of Triple Triad, turn the cards into crazy-strong spells, junction them to your strength, profit. Since the enemies level up with you, just turn on Encounter-None and never level up.

At this point, I'm basically walking around picking up plot points, and then occasionally steamrolling a boss. It's incredibly relaxing.

the remastered versions of ff8 and ff9 for the ps4 are great. safe travel and 9999 hits are a godsend and a breeze when it comes to farming xp and items. in the middle of ff9 at the moment. not sure if i'll finish by the time the show 20 drops on the 13th but i'll do my best.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:49 pm

That feeling when you play every single game of a 162 season on The Show, only to get swept in the World Series
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:07 pm

cl smooth wrote:

the remastered versions of ff8 and ff9 for the ps4 are great. safe travel and 9999 hits are a godsend and a breeze when it comes to farming xp and items. in the middle of ff9 at the moment. not sure if i'll finish by the time the show 20 drops on the 13th but i'll do my best.

It was a long time ago, but ff9/ffX were when I got of the FF train. (Insert Sabin suplex meme here.) I just want FF Tactics on Switch. Someone make this happen.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Bertz
All-Star

Postby Bertz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:21 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
cl smooth wrote:

It was a long time ago, but ff9/ffX were when I got of the FF train. (Insert Sabin suplex meme here.) I just want FF Tactics on Switch. Someone make this happen.

Yeah, especially since there is a steam/IOS port already, it makes all the sense in the world to add FFT to Switch, although if you'll indulge my hipster side I strongly prefer the original PS1 version. The olde english dialogue lacks much of the charm of the original.

I also desperately want a Chrono Cross port on a modern system. I'm almost done replaying Trigger for like the 80th time, but Cross isn't available on anything more recent than a PS3.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:35 pm

Bertz wrote:
cl smooth wrote:

Yeah, especially since there is a steam/IOS port already, it makes all the sense in the world to add FFT to Switch, although if you'll indulge my hipster side I strongly prefer the original PS1 version. The olde english dialogue lacks much of the charm of the original.

I also desperately want a Chrono Cross port on a modern system. I'm almost done replaying Trigger for like the 80th time, but Cross isn't available on anything more recent than a PS3.

I've only ever played the PS1 version, so I'll take your word for it.

And I was underwhelmed by Chrono Cross. I liked it better than FF9 or FFX, but that isn't saying all that much.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:50 pm

Bertz wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:It was a long time ago, but ff9/ffX were when I got of the FF train. (Insert Sabin suplex meme here.) I just want FF Tactics on Switch. Someone make this happen.

I've only ever played the PS1 version, so I'll take your word for it.

And I was underwhelmed by Chrono Cross. I liked it better than FF9 or FFX, but that isn't saying all that much.

final fantasy tactics is one of the best rpgs ever made. deep dungeon, baby!

depending on how strong of a computer you have, there's always the epsxe emulator route. img files for ps1 games are easy to come by.
1 x

Chocolate Milk
5-Time All-Star

Postby Chocolate Milk » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:57 pm

I played the demo and it was so good I almost cried.
1 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:58 pm

Chocolate Milk wrote:

I played the demo and it was so good I almost cried.

the camera angles were throwing me off at first but the gameplay and graphics are phenomenal. bummer that the remake ends when they leave midgar.
0 x

Return to “Social”