Video Game Thread

User avatar
rocket
Superstar
Posts: 18386
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:48 am
Location: Dayton, Ohio
x 433
x 312
Contact:

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby rocket » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:41 pm

today's google doodle is probably the greatest video game of all time
2 x

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 76941
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2721
x 4072
Contact:

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:52 pm

rocket wrote:today's google doodle is probably the greatest video game of all time


wow that is super fun. Does it go away after today
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77405
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9666
x 12811

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:11 pm

Holy horsefeathers. That thing is instant crack.
0 x

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 36859
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1047
x 1389

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby OleMissCub » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:24 pm

Image
0 x
Image

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 68104
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1000
x 1929

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Derwood » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:57 pm

Read today that RDR2 made $725 million in its opening sales weekend

By comparison, Infinity War made $640 million
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66317
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5028
x 5004

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Banedon » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:58 am

Derwood wrote:Read today that RDR2 made $725 million in its opening sales weekend

By comparison, Infinity War made $640 million


Ok. I mean, it's definitely impressive, but it's kinda weird to compare a $60 game to movie ticket sales.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 68104
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1000
x 1929

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Derwood » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:00 pm

Banedon wrote:
Derwood wrote:Read today that RDR2 made $725 million in its opening sales weekend

By comparison, Infinity War made $640 million


Ok. I mean, it's definitely impressive, but it's kinda weird to compare a $60 game to movie ticket sales.


It’s not a great comparison, sure, but those type of sales figures are simply staggering
0 x

User avatar
cl smooth
All-Star
Posts: 1781
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: brooklynnnnnnnnnn
x 2441
x 477

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby cl smooth » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:19 pm

Banedon wrote:
Derwood wrote:Read today that RDR2 made $725 million in its opening sales weekend

By comparison, Infinity War made $640 million


Ok. I mean, it's definitely impressive, but it's kinda weird to compare a $60 game to movie ticket sales.


there's been a few articles comparing its worldwide retail sales number ($725 million) to other forms of entertainment:

Red Dead Redemption 2 had the biggest opening weekend for anything ever

By raking in $725 million in worldwide retail sales, the game surpassed this year’s Avengers: Infinity War, which itself took in a staggering $640 million during its opening weekend. Grand Theft Auto V still reigns as the highest grossing entertainment launch of all time—it made more than $1 billion in sell-through in its first three days—but it arrived on a Tuesday as opposed to a Friday. The game has also set records for the highest ever number of pre-orders, highest day one sales, and highest sales for the first three days in market on the PlayStation Network.


impressive numbers for a horse-riding simulation game.
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66317
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5028
x 5004

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Banedon » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:26 pm

Yeah, I'm not denying it's impressive...it obviously is, but that snippet right there tells me that it's no GTA V. Much more impressive to me to make that much money mid-week rather than over a weekend.
1 x
Image

NonProfitCow
All-Star
Posts: 4529
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:15 am
x 120
x 438

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby NonProfitCow » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:29 pm

I got RDR2. How damn long after putting the disc in does it take to download everything? Jesus.
0 x

User avatar
philosophizer75
All-Star
Posts: 1069
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 4:45 am
Location: Maryland
x 262
x 250

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby philosophizer75 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:20 am

It's only released on console yeah? Wonder if/when rockstar is gonna port it to PC.
0 x
\:D/ wubalubaCUBCUB! \:D/

When Schwarber wins the WS with a big fat dong and uses his bat to club to death every player on the other team and half their fans, I expect every one of these talking heads to defend him. -yanrslatr

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 36859
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1047
x 1389

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby OleMissCub » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:56 am

NonProfitCow wrote:I got RDR2. How damn long after putting the disc in does it take to download everything? Jesus.


Took me about 3 hours
0 x
Image

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66317
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5028
x 5004

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Banedon » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:03 pm

philosophizer75 wrote:It's only released on console yeah? Wonder if/when rockstar is gonna port it to PC.


Probably about 5-6 months from now, although they haven't officially confirmed it will come out for PC.
0 x
Image

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 14954
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Lakeview
x 4691
x 1589

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby The Logan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:31 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
NonProfitCow wrote:I got RDR2. How damn long after putting the disc in does it take to download everything? Jesus.


Took me about 3 hours


Do you have an old or new console? A buddy used my faster internet to connect his old xbone to download it and it would still only get max speeds of like 3-5 mb/sec on a gigabit connection. Are the old system wifi cards not rated for higher speeds? Cause it took him like 5-8 hours total.

May have also been the fact that thousands of others were probably trying to download it at the same time though and bogging down the network
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77405
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9666
x 12811

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:36 pm

Usually when I get a new game these days I do it before going in to work or going to bed because that horsefeathers is going to take hours and hours to install.
0 x

User avatar
cl smooth
All-Star
Posts: 1781
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: brooklynnnnnnnnnn
x 2441
x 477

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby cl smooth » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:22 pm

a future cub as the cover athlete for 2019 baseball video game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbCR4aS0NA4
0 x

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 36859
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 1047
x 1389

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:44 pm

RD2 is easily my favorite game I’ve ever played.
0 x
Image

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22346
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 202
x 477

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby CubinNY » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:07 pm

I started a game in RDD2 and my 10 year old son messed it all up. I had a great horse and like $500. I started to get pissed at him then I remembered I’m approaching 50 and he’s the one I bought the game for.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77405
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9666
x 12811

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Did anyone buy the version that comes with the war horse? That was easily the best horse in RDR1.
0 x

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32528
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2203
x 5709
Contact:

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:22 pm

now that im dealing with a 2-year-old i have to essentially care for alone and a newborn, I have basically no time to play video games. this is how it happens right? suddenly i have a couple of teenagers and im calling horsefeathers an "intendo" and asking if they have their intendo tapes.

right now all i can do is lay in bed and play pubg on my ipad after my daughter falls asleep. i have a maximum of 25 free minutes per day and that's counting the morning coffee poop
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 68104
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1000
x 1929

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby Derwood » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:24 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:now that im dealing with a 2-year-old i have to essentially care for alone and a newborn, I have basically no time to play video games. this is how it happens right? suddenly i have a couple of teenagers and im calling horsefeathers an "intendo" and asking if they have their intendo tapes.

right now all i can do is lay in bed and play pubg on my ipad after my daughter falls asleep. i have a maximum of 25 free minutes per day and that's counting the morning coffee poop


Until your kids are in school, your video game time will be limited (unless you just say “eff it” to ever having sex again)
0 x

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32528
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2203
x 5709
Contact:

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:28 pm

Derwood wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:now that im dealing with a 2-year-old i have to essentially care for alone and a newborn, I have basically no time to play video games. this is how it happens right? suddenly i have a couple of teenagers and im calling horsefeathers an "intendo" and asking if they have their intendo tapes.

right now all i can do is lay in bed and play pubg on my ipad after my daughter falls asleep. i have a maximum of 25 free minutes per day and that's counting the morning coffee poop


Until your kids are in school, your video game time will be limited (unless you just say “eff it” to ever having sex again)


my wife literally said "we should have a second baby" and i was like "ok sure." then we had sex once and she got knocked up. my semen is far too powerful to be trusted and, for my own safety, i will never have sex again
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 76941
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2721
x 4072
Contact:

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:13 pm

Derwood wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:now that im dealing with a 2-year-old i have to essentially care for alone and a newborn, I have basically no time to play video games. this is how it happens right? suddenly i have a couple of teenagers and im calling horsefeathers an "intendo" and asking if they have their intendo tapes.

right now all i can do is lay in bed and play pubg on my ipad after my daughter falls asleep. i have a maximum of 25 free minutes per day and that's counting the morning coffee poop


Until your kids are in school, your video game time will be limited (unless you just say “eff it” to ever having sex again)


Have a 7 year old and 2 year old twins. I get maybe an hour from like 10-11pm a couple times a week and if I’m lucky a sweet 2 hour block during the weekend.
0 x
Win it for Fred

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22627
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 774
x 1354

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby 17 Seconds » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:50 am

haha you have families
0 x

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32528
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2203
x 5709
Contact:

Re: Video Game Thread

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:54 am

17 Seconds wrote:haha you have families


it sucks
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.


Return to “Social”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brian, Google Adsense [Bot] and 8 guests