North Side Baseball - Home Page

The place for discussion about the Chicago Cubs
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: air filters
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:55 pm 
Offline
Town Drunk

Joined: Sat May 10, 2003 1:11 pm
Posts: 6253
Location: high on a mountain
recommendations? personal experiences? share please


Top
 Profile  
 
 
google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: air filters
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:21 pm 
Offline
Inner-Circle HOF
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:44 am
Posts: 53078
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
Yeti wrote:
recommendations? personal experiences? share please


You've gotta be more specific. Air filter for what? The car? Your furnace?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: air filters
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:42 pm 
Offline
5-Time All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:17 pm
Posts: 7121
Derwood wrote:
Yeti wrote:
recommendations? personal experiences? share please


You've gotta be more specific. Air filter for what? The car? Your furnace?

Presumably for the [expletive] WORK THREAD in Rants


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: air filters
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:48 pm 
Online
Hall of Fame

Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 39422
to stop a bear?

_________________
Ryne Ween wrote:
Rick renteria's in game moves are indicative of renteria's best efforts to win games. When he calls for a bunt, it’s because he thinks a bunt will make winning the game more likely.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: air filters
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:49 pm 
Offline
Superstar
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:04 am
Posts: 15388
Lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: air filters
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:55 pm 
Offline
Superstar
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:57 am
Posts: 17375
Location: The Wastes
They're no good for that. I have 4 HEPA filters running in my house and I've seen a bear on my street twice in the last few months.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: air filters
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:23 pm 
Offline
Inner-Circle HOF
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:07 pm
Posts: 59020
Location: Algonquin, IL
I switched over from a paper filter to a washable, reusable foam filter in the truck 18 months ago. Haven't hit a single bear in all that time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: air filters
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:03 pm 
Offline
stats enthousiast
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:56 pm
Posts: 7284
Location: the final frontier
bear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: air filters
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:31 am 
Offline
5-Time All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:13 am
Posts: 6990
Location: Milwaukee
Fred Hornkohl wrote:
I switched over from a paper filter to a washable, reusable foam filter in the truck 18 months ago. Haven't hit a single bear in all that time.


toilet paper filter?

_________________
BTFU!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: air filters
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:39 am 
Offline
Starter

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:25 am
Posts: 409
Location: Old Town
I promise you won't see any bears after December 30th.

Too many nees hurding


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: air filters
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:05 am 
Offline
Hall of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 8:38 pm
Posts: 22993
Location: San Diego
Such a random drive by. Drew Brees needs an explanation.

_________________
Member Guidelines


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: air filters
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:16 pm 
Offline
Inner-Circle HOF
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:07 pm
Posts: 59020
Location: Algonquin, IL
Smack wrote:
Fred Hornkohl wrote:
I switched over from a paper filter to a washable, reusable foam filter in the truck 18 months ago. Haven't hit a single bear in all that time.


toilet paper filter?


No, it's a foam filter from Fleet-Air Filters out of Alabama.

http://www.fleet-airfilters.com/Home.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: air filters
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:23 pm 
Offline
5-Time All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:13 am
Posts: 6990
Location: Milwaukee
Fred Hornkohl wrote:
Smack wrote:
Fred Hornkohl wrote:
I switched over from a paper filter to a washable, reusable foam filter in the truck 18 months ago. Haven't hit a single bear in all that time.


toilet paper filter?


No, it's a foam filter from Fleet-Air Filters out of Alabama.

http://www.fleet-airfilters.com/Home.html


Nah, I meant the paper one you switched from. I know my dad tried one out that was actually toilet paper. I thought he was joking until he showed me, I guess it's a thing.

_________________
BTFU!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: air filters
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:18 pm 
Offline
Inner-Circle HOF
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:07 pm
Posts: 59020
Location: Algonquin, IL
Smack wrote:
Fred Hornkohl wrote:
Smack wrote:
Fred Hornkohl wrote:
I switched over from a paper filter to a washable, reusable foam filter in the truck 18 months ago. Haven't hit a single bear in all that time.


toilet paper filter?


No, it's a foam filter from Fleet-Air Filters out of Alabama.

http://www.fleet-airfilters.com/Home.html


Nah, I meant the paper one you switched from. I know my dad tried one out that was actually toilet paper. I thought he was joking until he showed me, I guess it's a thing.


Yeah, I'm familiar with the one you're talking about. I never had enough balls to try it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: air filters
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:43 pm 
Offline
Superstar
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:27 am
Posts: 10869
Location: da Salish Sea
I only use zig zags, no filters.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: air filters
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:34 am 
Offline
Inner-Circle HOF
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:07 pm
Posts: 59020
Location: Algonquin, IL
[sigh]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: air filters
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:56 am 
Offline
Inner-Circle HOF
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:44 am
Posts: 53078
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
I move to rename this thread "bear filters"


Top
 Profile  
 
 
google adsense
Post details
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Castro's Spray Chart, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group