Rasslin' 2.0

Splendid Splinter
All-Star

Re: Rasslin' 2.0

Postby Splendid Splinter » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:12 am

I would've guessed Somoan Joe go to SD. At least RAW has gotten better lately, although it still has a ways to go to get to SD imo.
0 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:31 am

davell wrote:So, Raw gets Joe. I'm sure SDL gets Dillinger lol. I wish like horsefeathers that they'd at least make it remotely competitive, between dispersing talent between the shows.

You're working yourself into a shoot. They're the same company. SD has nothing but heels, Raw has nothing but faces. Send Joe to Raw, Nakamura to SD.
0 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:32 am

Splendid Splinter wrote:I would've guessed Somoan Joe go to SD. At least RAW has gotten better lately, although it still has a ways to go to get to SD imo.

I have Raw as better than SD for a couple months now.
0 x

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:42 am

SouthSideRyan wrote:
davell wrote:So, Raw gets Joe. I'm sure SDL gets Dillinger lol. I wish like horsefeathers that they'd at least make it remotely competitive, between dispersing talent between the shows.

You're working yourself into a shoot. They're the same company. SD has nothing but heels, Raw has nothing but faces. Send Joe to Raw, Nakamura to SD.

I agree with that. But I find it hard to believe they'll give SD Nakamura. If they do, my rant disappears.
0 x
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:53 am

So, the latest rumored WM card I've seen is this.....

Shaq vs Big Show
Styles vs Shane
Charlotte vs Bayley vs Sasha vs Nia
Owens vs Jericho
Goldberg vs Lesnar for the Universal Title
Wyatt vs Orton for the WWE Title
Reigns vs Taker
Miz and Maryse vs Cena and Nikki
HHH vs Rollins

I'm sure there's the Battle Royale for lots of the guys. I'm guessing there's a SD Women's match and I'd guess there's some sort of tag team title match, or two. I'd guess Neville gets a Cruiserweight match.

That would be 14 matches, if there's 2 tag title matches......

Isn't there usually a ladder match too? I can't see how all these things happen obviously.

And that leaves guys like Zayn, Ambrose, Joe, Corbin, Ziggler, Strowman, Balor(if he's back) without a match....Nakamura and any other NXT callups too.

What's the option here? Obviously, the Battle Royale for some of them. But I'd have to think most of this group gets put in some sort of ladder match or something.

Too large of a roster, with all the part timers taking up so many matches.....

Maybe HHH actually has Joe represent him? Maybe there's an added MiTB match, for guys like Ambrose?

At any rate, any booking ideas? Are you happy enough with that card?
0 x
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

littleburr24
Starter

Postby littleburr24 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:14 pm

davell wrote:So, the latest rumored WM card I've seen is this.....

Shaq vs Big Show
Styles vs Shane
Charlotte vs Bayley vs Sasha vs Nia
Owens vs Jericho
Goldberg vs Lesnar for the Universal Title
Wyatt vs Orton for the WWE Title
Reigns vs Taker
Miz and Maryse vs Cena and Nikki
HHH vs Rollins

I'm sure there's the Battle Royale for lots of the guys. I'm guessing there's a SD Women's match and I'd guess there's some sort of tag team title match, or two. I'd guess Neville gets a Cruiserweight match.

That would be 14 matches, if there's 2 tag title matches......

Isn't there usually a ladder match too? I can't see how all these things happen obviously.

And that leaves guys like Zayn, Ambrose, Joe, Corbin, Ziggler, Strowman, Balor(if he's back) without a match....Nakamura and any other NXT callups too.

What's the option here? Obviously, the Battle Royale for some of them. But I'd have to think most of this group gets put in some sort of ladder match or something.

Too large of a roster, with all the part timers taking up so many matches.....

Maybe HHH actually has Joe represent him? Maybe there's an added MiTB match, for guys like Ambrose?

At any rate, any booking ideas? Are you happy enough with that card?

They normally like to do a ladder match for the IC title, and if they were to do that I would expect Miz to be involved with that instead of a mixed tag match. Maybe have Corbin vs Cena? And they can fit all of these matches since Mania has been getting longer every year. I think last year started at 6 central time, with 2 hours of preshow and the HHH vs Ramen match went about 30 minutes over the usual 10pm finish. I would expect one of the tag title matches, the battle royal and probably the cruiserweight title to end up on the preshow.
0 x

Flames24Rulz
Hall of Fame

Postby Flames24Rulz » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Of course, as soon as the Rollins-HHH thing finally starts to get really interesting, Rollins goes down with another knee injury.

Hoping it's a work, but everyone seems to think that it's legit.
0 x

illiniguy
Hall of Fame

Postby illiniguy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:05 pm

I keep reading it's probably only going to put him out a month. I hope that is the case.
0 x

Flames24Rulz
Hall of Fame

Postby Flames24Rulz » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Bray Wyatt.

Sounds like there could be a possibility of Harper being involved in the SD Title match at Mania, which I wouldn't have a problem with at all. Orton and Harper stole the show last night.
0 x

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:57 pm

Harper is super talented. He's going to have an opportunity to shine on SDL. Really glad they finally gave Bray a shot with the title.

If SDL get the Revival and find a way to add maybe 2 guys to its mid card, its about an optimal sized roster, to keep everyone busy.
0 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:00 pm

SD's tag and women's divisions are horrible. Naomi with the title is just, blech. Keep the title match to Orton/Wyatt, triple threats generally suck, and Harper isn't close to Orton/Wyatt's star level.
0 x

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:14 am

I think their women's division is kind of interesting. They find things for them. I like Mickie James being back and think they've made Carmella and Bliss(especially) into interesting characters. I've never been a Natalya fan and evidently Nikki is on her last legs.....But I think they've done more, with less, than Raw has. Who basically is ruining Bayley and has used Charlotte and Sasha to death. Raw certainly has better talent, I just don't think they're using it well.

Yeah, the SD tag division sucks, but surely they'll get the Revival soon. That'd help it a bunch. AA is excellent, but its been the writers biggest weakness for SD, in my opinion......The fact they've not gotten over any more they have. Although having an Uso out most of the year probably hurt that a bit.
0 x

Splendid Splinter
All-Star

Postby Splendid Splinter » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:20 am

I hope they NEVER break up KO/Jericho. They're just too horsefeathers good.
0 x

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:35 am

"Its art. You don't have to have pants."
1 x

Splendid Splinter
All-Star

Postby Splendid Splinter » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:37 am

davell wrote:"Its art. You don't have to have pants."

So great. Then of course, 2 mins after I made that comment, KO beat the crap out of Jericho.
0 x

rocket
Superstar

Postby rocket » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:52 am

The new generation of fans finally have their Rockers Barbershop moment
0 x

Flames24Rulz
Hall of Fame

Postby Flames24Rulz » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Obviously it was going to come eventually, but the breakup sucked last night. Yet, that makes it awesome because that whole segment was gold.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:39 pm

George "The Animal" Steele died today

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/george-steele-dies/
0 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:43 pm

I gave it time so as not to be prone to hyperbole, but I'm going to say that segment was the best non-wrestling segment ever.

Help me out if there's something glaring I'm forgetting.
0 x

NonProfitCow
All-Star

Postby NonProfitCow » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:22 am

Punk's pipebomb was pretty damn good.
0 x

illiniguy
Hall of Fame

Postby illiniguy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:55 pm

What do you consider Scott Hall showing up on Nitro? That was a moment that made me switch to WCW for the next year because you didn't know what you might miss.
0 x

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:09 pm

Hall showing up was great. This is your life with Foley and Rock was great for me. McMahon in the wheelchair, with Stone Cold making him piss himself with the toy gun, is pretty high on my list.

But yeah, this is right there with those, for me.

And RIP Ivan Koloff. Super nice guy, that signed autographs at Walmart very often in his latter years and was as personable of a guy as there could be.
0 x

illiniguy
Hall of Fame

Postby illiniguy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:30 pm

davell wrote:Hall showing up was great. This is your life with Foley and Rock was great for me. McMahon in the wheelchair, with Stone Cold making him piss himself with the toy gun, is pretty high on my list.

But yeah, this is right there with those, for me.

And RIP Ivan Koloff. Super nice guy, that signed autographs at Walmart very often in his latter years and was as personable of a guy as there could be.

That rock run was so bittersweet, you just knew he was too big for wrestling. Once he did the SNL it was all over.
0 x

davell
Hall of Fame

Postby davell » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:30 am

As soon as he turned heel, it was apparent how special he was, in my mind. I was so wrong, because I thought he was just going to get crammed down our throats as a goody-goody smiling type. Him giving Farooq the picture of himself is still one of my favorite Rock moments.
0 x

NonProfitCow
All-Star

Postby NonProfitCow » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:37 am

davell wrote:As soon as he turned heel, it was apparent how special he was, in my mind. I was so wrong, because I thought he was just going to get crammed down our throats as a goody-goody smiling type. Him giving Farooq the picture of himself is still one of my favorite Rock moments.

4 x

Return to “Social”