Better Call Saul (Again)

javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie

Re: Better Call Saul (Again)

Postby javy knows my name » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:03 pm

Anybody else pretty convinced Nacho is toast and Mike is gonna play a pretty big part in it? Gus puts it together with Mike's help that he was gonna off Hector and decides he's untrustworthy
0 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:20 pm

javy knows my name wrote:Anybody else pretty convinced Nacho is toast and Mike is gonna play a pretty big part in it? Gus puts it together with Mike's help that he was gonna off Hector and decides he's untrustworthy

I hope you are making a joke.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:29 pm

javy knows my name wrote:Anybody else pretty convinced Nacho is toast and Mike is gonna play a pretty big part in it? Gus puts it together with Mike's help that he was gonna off Hector and decides he's untrustworthy

Isnt Nacho in BB?
0 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:37 pm

Nacho isn't a part of BB so obviously something happens to him, but Mike won't be a part of it. I think Mike is still upset about not holding up his end of the bargain with Nacho.

Now, Gus will certainly play a large role in Nacho's outcome (whatever it is).
0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:15 am

minnesotacubsfan wrote:

Isnt Nacho in BB?

No, his name was mentioned by Saul when Walt & Jesse kidnap him and take him to the desert but he never appeared in BB.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:23 am

Old Style wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:

Isnt Nacho in BB?

No, his name was mentioned by Saul when Walt & Jesse kidnap him and take him to the desert but he never appeared in BB.

WHOA... wait a sec? In that episode way back when Saul mentioned Nacho? Oh horsefeathers, I have to go back and watch that now.
0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:53 am

Old Style wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:

Isnt Nacho in BB?

Ahhhhhh ok.
0 x

javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie

Postby javy knows my name » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:04 am

Yeah, I'm not posting any more theories in this thread anymore. Too many people who don't know canon.

I loved this episode, too. Rhea Seehorn's performance was amazing, my God.
2 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:59 pm

Regular Show wrote:
Old Style wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:
Isnt Nacho in BB?

WHOA... wait a sec? In that episode way back when Saul mentioned Nacho? Oh horsefeathers, I have to go back and watch that now.

When they took the hood off his head he asked something along the lines of "Did Ignacio send you?" That's about it for Nacho in BB.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:21 pm

javy knows my name wrote:Yeah, I'm not posting any more theories in this thread anymore. Too many people who don't know canon.

I loved this episode, too. Rhea Seehorn's performance was amazing, my God.

Plus it kinda feels like people treating this show like it's Lost or something is watching it....wrong?

Sure, there are questions to be answered, but trying to micro-analyze everything that happens like some kind of crazy mystery or puzzle can be cracked seems, IMO, far less enjoyable than just seeing where the show takes us. Obsessing over tiny details like it's going to reveal what happens to who and when seems like it would just potentially set someone up for disappointment when everything actually plays out.

Though I guess that's just indicative of the kind of obsessive, WAY too detail focused fandom that's taken over pretty much everything.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:24 pm

I am a little confused about what to make the job interview scene...

Spoiler: show
He clearly didn't care about actually getting the job...does he just enjoy doing the song and dance so much, that he wanted to see if he could do it?
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:42 pm

He's kinda got a serious self-destructive/self-loathing thing going on right now.
0 x

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Or maybe it reminded him of how his dad was pushed around so easily and he didn't like that about the copier guys.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:03 pm

Banedon wrote:I am a little confused about what to make the job interview scene...

He clearly didn't care about actually getting the job...does he just enjoy doing the song and dance so much, that he wanted to see if he could do it?

The answer from one of the showrunners...

Jimmy goes to Neff Copiers. And this was fascinating to us. And for me, the most rewarding moments in the writers’ room are when the character suddenly does something that we’re not expecting, but that, as we examine it, it feels right. And then we start to understand why he or she has done this thing that seemed illogical to us at first. And Jimmy seems to be—I mean, there’s a lot of different ways to read that scene, but it’s clear that something has happened to him. There’s a change in him when he talks these guys into hiring him, and it’s a little bit ambiguous. I mean, there’s a lot of ways you can look at it. I don’t think I want to nail it down too much, but one of the things that we always talked about was that old Groucho Marx phrase, “I wouldn’t want to be a member of a club that would have me.” So I think that there’s a lot going on with Jimmy there, but it’s not expressed in words as much as in action.

https://tv.avclub.com/better-call-saul- ... 1828067295
3 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:17 pm

That's the Jimmy we've been seeing for a while; think back to the whole Davis & Main experience. It's like this thing that's always lurking behind him ever since Chuck made it clear he'd never work for Hamlin, Hamlin & McGill in any real capacity. That was like the one legitimate thing Jimmy really wanted and worked for.
0 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:52 pm

Old Style wrote:
Regular Show wrote:
Old Style wrote:No, his name was mentioned by Saul when Walt & Jesse kidnap him and take him to the desert but he never appeared in BB.

When they took the hood off his head he asked something along the lines of "Did Ignacio send you?" That's about it for Nacho in BB.

Thanks. Yeah, I went back and saw that episode from S2 and I forgot what name Saul said out in the desert. He also mentions some character named Lalo or something?
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:39 am

Regular Show wrote:
Old Style wrote:
Regular Show wrote:

Thanks. Yeah, I went back and saw that episode from S2 and I forgot what name Saul said out in the desert. He also mentions some character named Lalo or something?

i believe they casted Lalo for this season
0 x
Win it for Fred

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP692nZT6jc&feature=youtu.be

Bob Odenkirk references Jimmy's dad being a pushover in this explanation as to why he ripped into the copier guys instead of taking the job.
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:30 am

finally watched it. during the opening scene, braniac over there said “is this going to spoil breaking bad for you?”

say huh?
0 x

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:58 am

GALE!
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:24 am

FWIW, architects don’t present ideas quite like that

Wtf that was weird
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:25 am

minnesotacubsfan wrote:FWIW, architects don’t present ideas quite like that

Wtf that was weird

Huh?
0 x
Win it for Fred

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:58 am

UMFan83 wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:FWIW, architects don’t present ideas quite like that

Wtf that was weird

Huh?

I think he's referring to the scene with the building models. Which was weird. I wasn't getting why Kim reacted like she did.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:55 pm

W/o boring everyone with archi-babble, all the white museum board models were unusual

And i think Kim was just overwhelmed by how successful her client (and hence she) was about to become.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:18 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:W/o boring everyone with archi-babble, all the white museum board models were unusual

I think it's just a visual device that frequently used in tv/movies. Since blueprints aren't clear to the average person.

Off the top of my head, the first Ant-Man movie had an entire action sequence based around one. Die Hard had some. Zoolander's Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good...
0 x

Return to “Social”