Better Call Saul (Again)

weis21
5-Time All-Star

Re: Better Call Saul (Again)

Postby weis21 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:02 pm

NOLA wrote:Kim seems to be coming to the realization that A) she needs help and B) Jimmy and his scumbaggery are holding her back. I really think Howard is leaving Hamlin Hamlin & McGill to get out of the mess with Chuck and starting a new firm with Kim, probably with the stipulation that she cuts ties with Jimmy.

yeah i'm going to call shotgun on this theory. it sounds completely reasonable the way things are playing out now
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:09 pm

weis21 wrote:
NOLA wrote:Kim seems to be coming to the realization that A) she needs help and B) Jimmy and his scumbaggery are holding her back. I really think Howard is leaving Hamlin Hamlin & McGill to get out of the mess with Chuck and starting a new firm with Kim, probably with the stipulation that she cuts ties with Jimmy.

yeah i'm going to call shotgun on this theory. it sounds completely reasonable the way things are playing out now

I like it too.

They've avoided the Kim as female buzzkill target of annoying viewers up to this point, the role Skyler White played, but that might change.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:18 pm

weis21 wrote:

I like this theory and mad I didn't think of it. There doesn't even have to be a stipulation that she cuts ties with Jimmy, just leaving their not-firm/firm that Jimmy has scratched and clawed to both set up and keep running while he's suspended to join Howard would feel like such a betrayal for him from the only person he still seems to show his Jimmy McGill side to.
Last edited by UMFan83 on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Win it for Fred

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:20 pm

Yeah, I've had a hunch for a while that show will flip the idea that something "happens to" Kim to break up her and Jimmy, and instead do something like having Jimmy be the one that wants nothing to do with her. Something along the lines of NOLA's theory would definitely work to that end.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:31 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Yeah, I've had a hunch for a while that show will flip the idea that something "happens to" Kim to break up her and Jimmy, and instead do something like having Jimmy be the one that wants nothing to do with her. Something along the lines of NOLA's theory would definitely work to that end.

I've been pushing back against the theory that Kim must have something terrible happen to her since she's not around in Breaking Bad. We only ever saw Saul in the office or directly interacting with Walt, there was never any reason for us to know anything about any other people in his life. Their lack of presence in BB was meaningless. She could easily live through this and be a successful ABQ attorney with anywhere from none/little/quite a bit interaction with Saul Goodman.
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:36 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Yeah, I've had a hunch for a while that show will flip the idea that something "happens to" Kim to break up her and Jimmy, and instead do something like having Jimmy be the one that wants nothing to do with her. Something along the lines of NOLA's theory would definitely work to that end.

I've been pushing back against the theory that Kim must have something terrible happen to her since she's not around in Breaking Bad. We only ever saw Saul in the office or directly interacting with Walt, there was never any reason for us to know anything about any other people in his life. Their lack of presence in BB was meaningless. She could easily live through this and be a successful ABQ attorney with anywhere from none/little/quite a bit interaction with Saul Goodman.

Right; it's bugged me from almost the beginning how many people were and still are assuming that something tragic/violent has to happen to Kim for her and Jimmy to have some kind of split. That's such an easy, gimme-way of getting to that point, and the people behind these shows have shown time and time again that they don't take the easy way out. With the way they've built this world and these characters, it's easy to see a scenario where Jimmy and Kim basically have nothing to do with each other due to some falling out, or because she does something non-melodramatic like taking a job in a another state or city. If anything, it would be far more tragic or impactful for Jimmy to lose Kim because of something stupid that causes two people to split up for the kind of stupid, hurtful reasons people split up all the time. In a weird way, Kim dying would basically let Jimmy off the hook; "welp, the one person I ever really cared for is gone forever. Time to make the donuts of criminal lawyering!" It would be much more of a fall if he chooses his eventual path over her.

Heck, you're seeing it a lot with Chuck right now; the sheer number of people assuming he's going to kill himself or be killed, possibly as soon as the season finale, is seemingly an epidemic. Now, granted, with Chuck, they could make this work since they have laid the groundwork that we're dealing with someone who can be pretty...unstable, but it's weird how so many people just gravitate to things like, "oh, Kim and Chuck HAVE to die because...somethingsomethingsomething Saul Goodman!!!"
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:51 pm

I think she's going to become resentful that she feels she has to work so hard to keep the doors open even though that's not actually the case.

Also, there's no way Jimmy sees any of that settlement money.
0 x

NOLA
All-Star

Postby NOLA » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:39 pm

CubinNY wrote:I think she's going to become resentful that she feels she has to work so hard to keep the doors open even though that's not actually the case.

Actually, I see the settlement money being a way out for Howard out of the firm and Jimmy's cut being a way for Kim to not feel as guilty about cutting him loose.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:45 pm

NOLA wrote:
CubinNY wrote:I think she's going to become resentful that she feels she has to work so hard to keep the doors open even though that's not actually the case.

Actually, I see the settlement money being a way out for Howard out of the firm and Jimmy's cut being a way for Kim to not feel as guilty about cutting him loose.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him get it, but the bitterwsweet outcome is that it mostly goes to launching his Saul Goodman practice instead of what he wants it for in keeping him and Kim in their current setup until he isn't suspended. Sure, Saul Goodman's setup is a sleazy storefront, but it's a one-man practice that still isn't going to be cheap.
0 x

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:46 pm

I think he sees the money, whether he takes it or uses t wisely is another thing. I think when it goes down it leads to a change/catalyst to an event with him and Kim and possibly Howard and Chuck.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:08 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
NOLA wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him get it, but the bitterwsweet outcome is that it mostly goes to launching his Saul Goodman practice instead of what he wants it for in keeping him and Kim in their current setup until he isn't suspended. Sure, Saul Goodman's setup is a sleazy storefront, but it's a one-man practice that still isn't going to be cheap.

#taxes
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:17 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
NOLA wrote:Actually, I see the settlement money being a way out for Howard out of the firm and Jimmy's cut being a way for Kim to not feel as guilty about cutting him loose.

#taxes

#thefingerthingmeansthetaxes
0 x

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:44 pm

Tonight is the finale of season 3.

Possible foreshadowing with Chuck?
Spoiler: show
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:55 pm

Brian707 wrote:Tonight is the finale of season 3.

Don't forget this:

0 x
Win it for Fred

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:58 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
Brian707 wrote:Tonight is the finale of season 3.

Don't forget this:

Also to make things even more obvious:

0 x
Win it for Fred

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:05 pm

Wow, this looks like a great episode tonight. Hopefully the Cubs will be up 20-2 by 9pm so I can watch it right as it airs.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:08 pm

Brian707 wrote:Wow, this looks like a great episode tonight. Hopefully the Cubs will be up 20-2 by 9pm so I can watch it right as it airs.

Bah, gotta start it at least 20 min late so you can fast forward commercials.
1 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:24 am

Great great episode

i love the sort of swerve where everyone expects a) jimmy will get closer to becoming Saul and b) it will be some sort of betrayal or the death of Kim when instead jimmy shows that there is still some
McGill back in him and instead of Kim's downfall it's chucks

Also, I think Mike got 1 total scene in the last 2 episodes and none tonight. That's fine if he didn't fit into the many stories going on but kind of weird because Mike is sort of billed as main character 1a though pretty much the entire series thus far.
0 x
Win it for Fred

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:28 am

They have stretches where Mike or Jimmy takes the focus and the other is relegated to the background for a couple (or more) episodes; this just happened to be one of those stretches for Mike. Cutting to him would have been odd since he's really not doing anything right now.
Last edited by Sammy Sofa on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:36 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:They have stretches where Mike or Jimmy takes the focus on the other is relegated to the background for a couple (or more) episodes; this just happened to be one of those stretches for Mike. Cutting to him would have been odd since he's really not doing anything right now.

Yeah, he had 2 massively long solo scenes earlier this season. He's fine.
0 x

javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie

Postby javy knows my name » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:39 am

Me, subliminally, to Peter Gould:

say the conversation
say the conversation
say the conversation
say the conversation

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
2 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:50 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:They have stretches where Mike or Jimmy takes the focus on the other is relegated to the background for a couple (or more) episodes; this just happened to be one of those stretches for Mike. Cutting to him would have been odd since he's really not doing anything right now.

Fair enough. I just really like Mike I guess....although I'll sacrifice some Mike scenes for Nacho

the writers are amazing at being able to make you feel this really weird mix of loathing and sympathy for Chuck.
1 x
Win it for Fred

javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie

Postby javy knows my name » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:55 am

UMFan83 wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

Fair enough. I just really like Mike I guess....although I'll sacrifice some Mike scenes for Nacho

the writers are amazing at being able to make you feel this really weird mix of loathing and sympathy for Chuck.

I think Mike is the best tv supporting character since Omar Little. But Mojo is right, there was no reason to shoehorn Mike into these episodes.

And yeah, I was devastated watch Chuck tear his own house apart, despite it being right after the most righteous smackdown he's received all series.
0 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:16 pm

1 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Castro's Spray Chart wrote:And yeah, I was devastated watch Chuck tear his own house apart, despite it being right after the most righteous smackdown he's received all series.

I thought he was gonna end up electrocuting himself doing that...although I suppose him dying by electricity would've been just a smidge on the nose. I was seriously uncomfortable watching that scene though.
0 x

Return to “Social”