Better Call Saul (Again)

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Better Call Saul (Again)

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:19 pm

David wrote:
Old Style wrote:Such a great episode.

Side question. On another board I frequent there is a ridiculously long & contentious argument over Mike's DIL and her motives. Some people think she is just suffering through PTSD-like symptoms & imagining the gunshots. The other group is convinced that she is deceiving Mike & using him to get into a better living situation. What say you geniuses of NSBB?

Both possibilities crossed my mind. Not really sure.

Yeah, those theories have been bandied about and frankly it makes a little more sense to me that she's scamming him than just paranoid.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:21 pm

I'm firmly in the scamming camp.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:22 pm

so that was a fun episode and I'm glad they are able to go Mike centric because I get enough law firm politics from watching the good wife and think there is a limit to all the focus on sandpiper/HHM/Davis & Main. Jimmy trying to get Chuck in the muck was good though.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:27 pm

Mike's disposal of Tuco was fantastic. Is it weird that I kind of like Nacho?
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:30 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:Mike's disposal of Tuco was fantastic. Is it weird that I kind of like Nacho?

Not at all weird. Nacho is good.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:55 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:so that was a fun episode and I'm glad they are able to go Mike centric because I get enough law firm politics from watching the good wife and think there is a limit to all the focus on sandpiper/HHM/Davis & Main. Jimmy trying to get Chuck in the muck was good though.

I loved the Tuco/Mike stuff, obviously, but I really feel like the Jimmy plot needed one more scene. I'm not sure what, but it just felt like it needed something else to finish it off. It felt light on Jimmy this week.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:56 pm

Banedon wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:so that was a fun episode and I'm glad they are able to go Mike centric because I get enough law firm politics from watching the good wife and think there is a limit to all the focus on sandpiper/HHM/Davis & Main. Jimmy trying to get Chuck in the muck was good though.

I loved the Tuco/Mike stuff, obviously, but I really feel like the Jimmy plot needed one more scene. I'm not sure what, but it just felt like it needed something else to finish it off. It felt light on Jimmy this week.

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Ding Dong Johnson wrote:Mike's disposal of Tuco was fantastic. Is it weird that I kind of like Nacho?

Not at all weird. Nacho is good.

Yeah, Nacho is excellent on this show.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:10 pm

Nacho is great. I am going to be a little sad when he meets his inevitable horrible demise.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:12 pm

Banedon wrote:

The issue is that it's not getting "finished off" just yet. There is only so much law firm politics to discuss.

Jimmy got chewed out, and was given one last chance. Kim received similar treatment and banished to document review. Jimmy tried to help Kim and Kim begged him to let it be. Jimmy confronts Chuck about Kim's treatment, only to spend the night reverting back to his old babysitter role. Chuck refuses to take the bait when Jimmy offers to quit if Chuck plays dirty. Did you really need to see Jimmy show up to the office late, wearing the same suit? They are drawing out the Jimmy turns into Saul story as long as possible and the Mike stuff is what allows that to happen.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:36 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Nacho is great. I am going to be a little sad when he meets his inevitable horrible demise.

doesn't he still exist in the timeline of BB? Saul thinks Walt and Jesse are after an Ignacio?
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:37 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Nacho is great. I am going to be a little sad when he meets his inevitable horrible demise.

doesn't he still exist in the timeline of BB? Saul thinks Walt and Jesse are after an Ignacio?

It's possible that he's blaming a dead guy though.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:53 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Banedon wrote:

The issue is that it's not getting "finished off" just yet. There is only so much law firm politics to discuss.

Jimmy got chewed out, and was given one last chance. Kim received similar treatment and banished to document review. Jimmy tried to help Kim and Kim begged him to let it be. Jimmy confronts Chuck about Kim's treatment, only to spend the night reverting back to his old babysitter role. Chuck refuses to take the bait when Jimmy offers to quit if Chuck plays dirty. Did you really need to see Jimmy show up to the office late, wearing the same suit? They are drawing out the Jimmy turns into Saul story as long as possible and the Mike stuff is what allows that to happen.

I did like how they teased cutting to the chase with him "becoming" Saul in the confrontation with Chuck.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:54 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:

Hey, it's just the continuing trend of drug kingpins meeting terrible fates in this universe.

Speaking of...I'm thinking Gus has to show up at some point, too.
0 x

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:53 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

Hey, it's just the continuing trend of drug kingpins meeting terrible fates in this universe.

Gus may be showing up next week. The preview showed Mike sitting down with someone at a table that he didn't seem to know. It was hard to tell but it almost appeared as if a fast food restaurant was the setting.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:08 pm

That would be awesome if they pulled that off with it being a surprise, but, sadly, I think we would hear it leaked ahead of time if he was back.
0 x

RammyFanny
All-Star

Postby RammyFanny » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:30 pm

Old Style wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:doesn't he still exist in the timeline of BB? Saul thinks Walt and Jesse are after an Ignacio?

Gus may be showing up next week. The preview showed Mike sitting down with someone at a table that he didn't seem to know. It was hard to tell but it almost appeared as if a fast food restaurant was the setting.

Yeah, it gave off the vibe like it was some sort of BB character, but I could be wrong. Mike had some line to him like " do I know you from somewhere?" like they were poking fun at BB but maybe that's too cheesey and we're just way off. I actually thought Fring too when they showed it, but I admit it's probably a longshot. And I can't remember the backstory if it would make sense for him to be there.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:33 pm

RammyFanny wrote:
Old Style wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Yeah, it gave off the vibe like it was some sort of BB character, but I could be wrong. Mike had some line to him like " do I know you from somewhere?" like they were poking fun at BB but maybe that's too cheesey and we're just way off. I actually thought Fring too when they showed it, but I admit it's probably a longshot. And I can't remember the backstory if it would make sense for him to be there.

I thought they were teasing that option when they showed Mike going into a warehouse with chicken wire fencing and meeting some nefarious character in the dark. But it was Nacho.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:40 pm

The creators and Espositio have been pretty coy/cutesy recently when asked about Gus showing up on BCS. Him showing up at this season would be a pretty great way to cap it off.

Hell, bringing Gus in would be perfect; make the show effectively about Saul, Mike and Gus and how they got to where they were in BB, then you have Walt and Jesse being introduced and having their time in the first season and a half of BB and then from there it's everyone's story coming to an end. This really could turn out to be a giant 10+ season juggernaut of epic TV.
0 x

RammyFanny
All-Star

Postby RammyFanny » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:47 pm

Here's the screenshot from the preview. Definitely looks like he's wearing some sort of chef/fast food hat. Edit: well you can see the hat in my screencap but it looks like it's kind of cut out when I post it for whatever reason.

Spoiler: show

"I'm sorry, do I know you?"
0 x

CubInOK
5-Time All-Star

Postby CubInOK » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:09 am

Old Style wrote:Gus may be showing up next week. The preview showed Mike sitting down with someone at a table that he didn't seem to know. It was hard to tell but it almost appeared as if a fast food restaurant was the setting.

*DING*
4 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:13 am

And it looks like the cousins will be showing up next week.

Man, there's no way Gus won't be showing up at some point. Mike will be looking for an out to get away from the Salamanca madness. It's ridiculous how well they're making all of this fit together.
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:12 am

Hey, NSBB lawyer-types...

Is lawyering as tedious as the show makes it seem? All of the paperwork and micro-managing and whatnot seems like hell. I'd got nuts in a week and jump out of a window.

ALSO: it's Jimmy's firm being ridiculously by the book? Is anyone really going to give a horsefeathers over a Beanie Baby?
0 x

Tedward
All-Star

Postby Tedward » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:21 am

0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:15 am

Uh doy! I horsefeathering love this show.
0 x

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:33 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:And it looks like the cousins will be showing up next week.

Man, there's no way Gus won't be showing up at some point. Mike will be looking for an out to get away from the Salamanca madness. It's ridiculous how well they're making all of this fit together.

I'm wondering how Mike gets out of the Salamanca trouble. Gus would be the perfect way to do that. Only question is how does Mike hook up with Fring?Also, who is Mike pointing the gun at in next week's preview?

On the AMC app there is a scene, presumably the opening scene, from next week's episode that is Jimmy McGill greatness if anyone wants to watch.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

Return to “Social”