Re: ♫ Star Wars, nothing but...Star Wars! ♫

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:50 pm

Definitely recast.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:09 pm

I find it highly unlikely they were planning big roles for her, in the condition she was in. Even in force awakens she was barely able to contribute.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:16 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:I find it highly unlikely they were planning big roles for her, in the condition she was in. Even in force awakens she was barely able to contribute.

Nah, I don't doubt it; I don't think she was going to be all over the movies, but between Luke and Ben, she clearly had a couple of critical scenes down the line. You can have a big/key role while not being in a significant portion of a film.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:28 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:I find it highly unlikely they were planning big roles for her, in the condition she was in. Even in force awakens she was barely able to contribute.

Nah, I don't doubt it; I don't think she was going to be all over the movies, but between Luke and Ben, she clearly had a couple of critical scenes down the line. You can have a big/key role while not being in a significant portion of a film.

I'm not talking about whether she had 45 minutes of screen time or something, but being able to carry a scene was not something in her repertoire. She was more or less her character from Catastrophe with a military uniform and no dog in Force Awakens. She was along for the ride.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:39 pm

she should have hugged Chewy not Rey, damnit.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:42 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

I'm not talking about whether she had 45 minutes of screen time or something, but being able to carry a scene was not something in her repertoire. She was more or less her character from Catastrophe with a military uniform and no dog in Force Awakens. She was along for the ride.

So they were, what, just going to ignore her having any big scenes with Leia's brother and son?
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:47 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

So they were, what, just going to ignore her having any big scenes with Leia's brother and son?

She didn't have one with the love of her life in FA.

Han and Kylo was a big scene in FA, but I can't even remember anything in particular about Leia's scenes in FA. I would have expected a scene, but not a big one that was particularly moving.

I just don't think it will be difficult to make a good IX without her.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:19 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

She didn't have one with the love of her life in FA.

Sure she did, you grinch.

Plus we're talking about things in escalating levels of importance to the character: scumbag ex-husband...vanished twin brother...estranged son. Obviously they don't need to and likely weren't going to hinge the movies on her, but of course her character was going to play a key role, if only briefly. It's unfortunate that the inherent tragedy of an early death is compounded by her character suddenly being gone when she was so closely related (literally) with at least two of the main characters going forward.
0 x

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:35 pm

Anyone who is saying that they won't go see IX if someone else is cast as Princess Leia or they won't go if they CGI her isn't being honest with themselves. But let's say that there are zealots out there who won't go, Millions of people will see IX and it's the last episode where the original cast are likely to appear. I have faith that, whatever they decide, the brain trust working on this now will get it right.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:53 pm

just cast meryl streep as leia and get it over with.

or gary oldman.
2 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:24 pm

OleMissCub wrote:she should have hugged Chewy not Rey, damnit.

Chewie knew who Rey was, and knew it would get Han killed, so NO HUG FOR YOU

/stupid fan theory
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:29 pm

The George Lucas museum found a new home....LA.

Which is where it always should've been anyway.
0 x

CoolHandLuke
All-Star

Postby CoolHandLuke » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:37 am

So I'm probably really dumb, but I always thought this museum was a museum about and honoring George Lucas, and not an art museum, focused on narrative art, funded by, and named after George Lucas. It still might pretty much be a museum about how highly George Lucas thinks of George Lucas, but after finding out what the museum is really supposed to be, I'm much more on board, and a little disappointed that it won't be in Chicago.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:41 am

0 x

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:59 pm

On Monday I tried downloading the instructions for the Lego Y -Wing fighter to see if I could build one with pieces that we already own. It took a lot of searching but we had all but 2 of the pieces I needed and I was able to use something else that actually looks better. Next up is the ARC-170 from the prequels or Tantive IV (Princess Leia's ship) if I can figure out how to make the front of it.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

Proven Veteran
All-Star

Postby Proven Veteran » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:56 pm

biittner77 wrote:On Monday I tried downloading the instructions for the Lego Y -Wing fighter to see if I could build one with pieces that we already own. It took a lot of searching but we had all but 2 of the pieces I needed and I was able to use something else that actually looks better. Next up is the ARC-170 from the prequels or Tantive IV (Princess Leia's ship) if I can figure out how to make the front of it.

I'm building the millennium falcon kit with my son right now, it's 1300 pieces. I don't know how many the y wing is, but it's pretty impressive doing it yourself.

Death Star final battle set is up next.
0 x

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:10 pm

Proven Veteran wrote:
biittner77 wrote:On Monday I tried downloading the instructions for the Lego Y -Wing fighter to see if I could build one with pieces that we already own. It took a lot of searching but we had all but 2 of the pieces I needed and I was able to use something else that actually looks better. Next up is the ARC-170 from the prequels or Tantive IV (Princess Leia's ship) if I can figure out how to make the front of it.

I'm building the millennium falcon kit with my son right now, it's 1300 pieces. I don't know how many the y wing is, but it's pretty impressive doing it yourself.

We built a death star a few years ago- our own design. The worst part was trying to make a working elevator.
0 x

littleburr24
Starter

Postby littleburr24 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:18 pm

Episode VIII's title announced.

0 x

Liam Neeson
Starter

Postby Liam Neeson » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:19 pm

littleburr24 wrote:Episode VIII's title announced.

Rey confirmed Sith
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:34 pm

So...singular Jedi or plural Jedi?
0 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:18 pm

Banedon wrote:So...singular Jedi or plural Jedi?

jedii
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:19 pm

cl smooth wrote:
Banedon wrote:So...singular Jedi or plural Jedi?

jedii

DAMN CLONES.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:41 pm

Or Luke dies and Rey becomes the last one
0 x

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:01 pm

biittner77 wrote:
Proven Veteran wrote:

We built a death star a few years ago- our own design. The worst part was trying to make a working elevator.

NERD ALERT NERD ALERT NERD ALERT NERD ALERT NERD ALERT NERD ALERT NERD ALERT NERD ALERT NERD ALERT
4 x

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:43 pm

seanimal wrote:
biittner77 wrote:
Proven Veteran wrote:

NERD ALERT NERD ALERT NERD ALERT NERD ALERT NERD ALERT NERD ALERT NERD ALERT NERD ALERT NERD ALERT

Guess who's not getting a bra bomb made next time the President visits chug a lug house?
0 x

Return to “Social”