NBA Playoffs (bulls also)

Proven Veteran
All-Star

Re: NBA Playoffs (bulls too)

Postby Proven Veteran » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:24 am

Cubswin11 wrote:Watching these first two games, I don't think Mini Me and the Celtics have what it takes to win this series.

You don't think jacking up bricks all night long is a winning strategy?
0 x

MarkR
Starter

Postby MarkR » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:54 am

HOT TAKE: Isaiah Thomas is a rich man's Ben Gordon and is not good enough to be the best player on a team to win a championship.
2 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:17 pm

the knicks are such a dumpster fire that NYers lamenting not having bulls players who aren't jimmy

0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:22 pm

MarkR wrote:HOT TAKE: Isaiah Thomas is a rich man's Ben Gordon and is not good enough to be the best player on a team to win a championship.

I don't think even most Celtics fans would disagree with that take - at least not the second part.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Postby sneakypower » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:39 pm

the second part is true of what, like four players?
1 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:41 pm

sneakypower wrote:the second part is true of what, like four players?

Curry and LeBron have been proven, Durant and Kawhi probably could (maybe Kawhi already has, you could never tell who the single best player was on those Spurs teams from 13-14). Maybe Harden. Wade and Dirk were at one point but obviously aren't now - yeah, probably just those first 5
0 x

sneakypower

Postby sneakypower » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:04 pm

i'll be meatbally here but KD had 2 MVP talents flanking him and a DPOY type big and mustered one singular finals win all the while; he saw this and formally renounced the possibility he's capable
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:50 pm

sneakypower wrote:i'll be meatbally here but KD had 2 MVP talents flanking him and a DPOY type big and mustered one singular finals win all the while; he saw this and formally renounced the possibility he's capable

Eh, none of the 3 top OKC players were in their prime yet when they made the Finals. Last year's team very well could have won the title if they hadn't gacked up Game 6.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:52 pm

yeah i think KD is good enough to win you a title as the best player on your team. it's just hard when lebron james and a GSW (previously) juggernaut are also in the way.
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

sneakypower

Postby sneakypower » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:57 pm

David wrote:yeah i think KD is good enough to win you a title as the best player on your team. it's just hard when lebron james and a GSW (previously) juggernaut are also in the way.

which kinda proves my point; this is highlander, there can only be one (winner)
0 x

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:01 pm

I think Lebron, KD and Kawhi are the only 3 guys in the league where you put on any team and the can likely compete for a title (as long as it's not like the Magic or Kings roster type deal). Then the next tier of guys who can be the best player on a championship team but need more help around them include Curry, Russ, Harden, PG, Jimmy, Anthony Davis, and maybe Wall. Then there's guys like Giannis and Towns who could get there one day but are still developing. In my opinion.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Flames24Rulz
Hall of Fame

Postby Flames24Rulz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:I think Lebron, KD and Kawhi are the only 3 guys in the league where you put on any team and the can likely compete for a title (as long as it's not like the Magic or Kings roster type deal). Then the next tier of guys who can be the best player on a championship team but need more help around them include Curry, Russ, Harden, PG, Jimmy, Anthony Davis, and maybe Wall. Then there's guys like Giannis and Towns who could get there one day but are still developing. In my opinion.

horsefeathers, you could probably put LeBron on the Nets and they'd be a title contender. He basically had nothing but bums around him in the Finals two years ago when Kyrie and Love were out, and they still gave Golden State a fight.
0 x

bcl412
Superstar

Postby bcl412 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:19 am

Flames24Rulz wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:I think Lebron, KD and Kawhi are the only 3 guys in the league where you put on any team and the can likely compete for a title (as long as it's not like the Magic or Kings roster type deal). Then the next tier of guys who can be the best player on a championship team but need more help around them include Curry, Russ, Harden, PG, Jimmy, Anthony Davis, and maybe Wall. Then there's guys like Giannis and Towns who could get there one day but are still developing. In my opinion.

horsefeathers, you could probably put LeBron on the Nets and they'd be a title contender. He basically had nothing but bums around him in the Finals two years ago when Kyrie and Love were out, and they still gave Golden State a fight.

That's went LeBron deserves more credit when it comes to the GOAT discussion. Granted, he played in some poor conferences but he has turned some otherwise bad teams into title contenders and I'm not sure if other great players have done this.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:05 pm

never thought i would find this disappointing
1 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:26 pm

David wrote:

3 x

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:09 pm

He can't shoot anyways, just give him one of those club hands linemen or linebackers have when they have broken hands/fingers.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:25 pm

David wrote:

That was my exact thought.

It sucks, but hopefully Jimmy can run some point and Grant/MCW can be a non-disaster for a few minutes at a time.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:29 pm

Andy wrote:
David wrote:

That was my exact thought.

It sucks, but hopefully Jimmy can run some point and Grant/MCW can be a non-disaster for a few minutes at a time.

Yea, I think you gotta just ride Jimmy, and then like Wade said, go to him when you ride Jimmy as far as you can.
0 x

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:32 pm

Yeah, losing Rondo hurts. But they still have the best player on the court in Jimmy and maybe Wade has a little extra gear he can kick in to now. They should be able to relatively cover up the loss of Rondo. Also losing Rondo doesn't help out the Celtics in their biggest issue this series, rebounding.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Splendid Splinter
All-Star

Postby Splendid Splinter » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:44 pm

bcl412 wrote:
Flames24Rulz wrote:

That's went LeBron deserves more credit when it comes to the GOAT discussion. Granted, he played in some poor conferences but he has turned some otherwise bad teams into title contenders and I'm not sure if other great players have done this.

Like last night with Deron Williams, Kyle Korver, and Channing Frye. Westbrook is the only other player this year that I can think of that could've willed his team to come back from 26 pts. It was incredible to watch.

Poor Paul George. First, he thought he "should" take the last shot in game 1 which is the funniest thing ever because he's like 0 for 376548 in game tying/winning shot with 20 sec or less in the game in his career. Then he had to see last night happen on his home court and couldn't stop LeBron.
0 x

bcl412
Superstar

Postby bcl412 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:Yeah, losing Rondo hurts. But they still have the best player on the court in Jimmy and maybe Wade has a little extra gear he can kick in to now. They should be able to relatively cover up the loss of Rondo. Also losing Rondo doesn't help out the Celtics in their biggest issue this series, rebounding.

No point guard could be a problem. Luckily Thomas is an awful defender.
0 x

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:28 pm

bcl412 wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:Yeah, losing Rondo hurts. But they still have the best player on the court in Jimmy and maybe Wade has a little extra gear he can kick in to now. They should be able to relatively cover up the loss of Rondo. Also losing Rondo doesn't help out the Celtics in their biggest issue this series, rebounding.

Jimmy and Wade should probably be bringing the ball up/starting the offense the majority of the time tonight, IMO. Let MCW do it a little but Jimmy/Wade should be the primary ball handlers tonight. If I were the Bulls I'd be trying to get IT guarding Wade tonight and let him work him. Also try and run a lot of pick and rolls with Jimmy picking IT to try and get a switch and let Jimmy go to work.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:04 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:
bcl412 wrote:

Jimmy and Wade should probably be bringing the ball up/starting the offense the majority of the time tonight, IMO. Let MCW do it a little but Jimmy/Wade should be the primary ball handlers tonight. If I were the Bulls I'd be trying to get IT guarding Wade tonight and let him work him. Also try and run a lot of pick and rolls with Jimmy picking IT to try and get a switch and let Jimmy go to work.

MCW should do a good job guarding IT, right? But they can kind of hide IT on him defensively. Obviously you try to force matchups where you can, but Grant or Zipser with Jimmy playing point, should provide more well rounded lineups. MCW will probably have to log some minutes though.
0 x

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:28 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:
bcl412 wrote:

MCW should do a good job guarding IT, right? But they can kind of hide IT on him defensively. Obviously you try to force matchups where you can, but Grant or Zipser with Jimmy playing point, should provide more well rounded lineups. MCW will probably have to log some minutes though.

Yeah agree on all accounts. MCW can guard IT fine I think but will bail out IT from having to guard anyone great on defense
0 x
Screw Pitchers

SpongeWorthy
Superstar

Postby SpongeWorthy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:16 pm

rondo rocking the short sleeve suit jacket
0 x

Return to “Other Sports”