Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 657
x 1051

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby Brian707 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:27 pm

David wrote:i'm gonna have to sprint from the airport shuttle straight to the resort's sports bar, beg them to put on the NFL, and then spend the first two hours or so of my trip a nervous and progressively drunker wreck.



Ha, I was supposed to go to Mexico first week of January too but we are postponing the trip until around this time next year. Who knows? if the Bears beat the Rams and end up tied with them for #2 they get a bye and you can get drunk as horsefeathers all week and not have to worry about the Bears.
0 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60783
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7890
x 4785

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby David » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:30 pm

Brian707 wrote:
David wrote:i'm gonna have to sprint from the airport shuttle straight to the resort's sports bar, beg them to put on the NFL, and then spend the first two hours or so of my trip a nervous and progressively drunker wreck.



Ha, I was supposed to go to Mexico first week of January too but we are postponing the trip until around this time next year. Who knows? if the Bears beat the Rams and end up tied with them for #2 they get a bye and you can get drunk as horsefeathers all week and not have to worry about the Bears.


unless they're playing while i fly home!

i have no recollection of when games are usually scheduled for the divisional round either
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 16592
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 907
x 571

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
David wrote:
Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Barion's


who?

anyway, i remember that pretty vividly. i also remember being quite drunk and watching this with my family.

i also remembered the reggie bush showboating thing that pissed off the defense (that storyline was funny given that they were playing for a berth in the horsefeathering superbowl but whatever). i remembered the wale forced fumble on brees and the safety too...forgot that it was on intentional grounding tho.


Burnerd Barryon


Bernard Berrian
0 x
Image

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60783
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7890
x 4785

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby David » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:36 pm

ha ha ha oh wow
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 657
x 1051

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby Brian707 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:37 pm

David wrote:
Brian707 wrote:
David wrote:i'm gonna have to sprint from the airport shuttle straight to the resort's sports bar, beg them to put on the NFL, and then spend the first two hours or so of my trip a nervous and progressively drunker wreck.



Ha, I was supposed to go to Mexico first week of January too but we are postponing the trip until around this time next year. Who knows? if the Bears beat the Rams and end up tied with them for #2 they get a bye and you can get drunk as horsefeathers all week and not have to worry about the Bears.


unless they're playing while i fly home!




I know United or American at least offers DirecTV now, if you have to pay the $20 and watch it on the plane.
0 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60783
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7890
x 4785

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby David » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:47 pm



a few weeks ago i was thinking this might get flexed. surprised fox let it go...don't they have some sort of say in it now?
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 657
x 1051

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby Brian707 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:55 pm

David wrote:

a few weeks ago i was thinking this might get flexed. surprised fox let it go...don't they have some sort of say in it now?



And my Bears tickets will lose value again.
0 x

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 77008
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2734
x 4112
Contact:

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:19 pm

Damn. So only 1 more daytime home game left this year
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
rawaction
Hall of Fame
Posts: 34158
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 11:04 pm
x 703
x 625

Re: RE: Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby rawaction » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:26 pm

UMFan83 wrote:Damn. So only 1 more daytime home game left this year
Bears go from no SNF home games since like 1987 to 2 in 4 weeks.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 16592
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 907
x 571

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:48 am

rawaction wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:Damn. So only 1 more daytime home game left this year
Bears go from no SNF home games since like 1987 to 2 in 4 weeks.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk



Same think happened in 2001 and 2006
0 x
Image

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60783
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7890
x 4785

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby David » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:06 pm



0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60783
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7890
x 4785

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby David » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:08 pm

0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
cl smooth
All-Star
Posts: 1788
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: brooklynnnnnnnnnn
x 2454
x 479

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby cl smooth » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:22 pm

David wrote:



disclaimer: i'm clueless when it comes to advanced football stats.

how long has aikman efficiency ratings been a thing and what does it have to do with troy aikman?
0 x

User avatar
WrigleyField 22
Superstar
Posts: 11949
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:48 pm
Location: hnderstabxcwhsg
x 1603
x 611

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:26 pm

cl smooth wrote:
David wrote:



disclaimer: i'm clueless when it comes to advanced football stats.

how long has aikman efficiency ratings been a thing and what does it have to do with troy aikman?

It's been around for about a decade at least. Aikman supplied the key metrics he thought were most important and the nerds crunched the numbers into a single digestible rating.
Last edited by WrigleyField 22 on Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Image

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60783
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7890
x 4785

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby David » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:34 pm

Yeah, I remember looking them up in the past when the Bears were good, but I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the 2010-12ish run or the 05-06ish.
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 16592
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 907
x 571

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:54 pm

Sunday nights game is starting to feel a lot more exciting for me. The Vikings have been playing well and now that the Packers look all but toast in the division, it looks like a 2 horse race
0 x
Image

biittner77
Superstar
Posts: 10505
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:10 am
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
x 14
x 211

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby biittner77 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:38 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
cl smooth wrote:
David wrote:



disclaimer: i'm clueless when it comes to advanced football stats.

how long has aikman efficiency ratings been a thing and what does it have to do with troy aikman?

It's been around for about a decade at least. Aikman supplied the key metrics he thought were most important and the nerds crunched the numbers into a single digestible rating.


I assumed it was just Aikman watching games and deciding who he thought was good based on stuff like "grit" and "swagger". I'm a little disappointed.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60783
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7890
x 4785

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby David » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:50 pm

Shaheen activated, Simms to IR with concussions
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 5642
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 364
x 457

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby TomtheBombadil » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Trubisky is ranked 13th by DYAR and 9th by DVOA among QBs. That is waaaay better than I expected, for sure, and with that defense this year...
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 33847
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
x 1711
x 1660

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:27 pm

Night games are stupid.
1 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 68150
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1004
x 1938

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby Derwood » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:45 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Night games are stupid.


nah
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58863
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2386
x 8060

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:Night games are stupid.

Very
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60783
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7890
x 4785

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby David » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:48 pm

i hate the wait but once it's game time i love the bears being on snf

nbc's production is so much better than fox and cbs and it just feels big.
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 16592
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 907
x 571

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:54 pm

David wrote:i hate the wait but once it's game time i love the bears being on snf

nbc's production is so much better than fox and cbs and it just feels big.



As long as they win. I hate seeing them lose in front of the world
0 x
Image

User avatar
Butterscup
Hall of Fame
Posts: 31589
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:25 am
x 17
x 436

Re: Week 11: Vikings at Chicago Sunday night on NBC

Postby Butterscup » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:56 pm

David wrote:i hate the wait but once it's game time i love the bears being on snf

nbc's production is so much better than fox and cbs and it just feels big.


this is exactly how i feel. thankfully i had chores/errands to do today so i knocked those out during the early games and now i'll watch the saints into the bears and it'll be good
1 x


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests