Postby OleMissCub » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:01 am

HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA

Icing your own kicker. Smooth move, Kliff
0 x

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Re: NFL Week 7

Postby Soul » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:04 am

How does the play clock run out on a FG.
0 x
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Postby Soul » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:13 am

What a game. Never saw AZ pulling that out.
0 x
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:19 am

Seahawks lost and all, but the Wilson/Lockett are really fun to watch work. Stealing that 14 yard first down from that throw Russell made basically mid-fall was freakish. Lockett's got to be one of the handful most underrated players in the league, really a top tier WR
0 x
Spoiler: show

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:10 am

How about Buddha? Possibly saves the game and ends up a meme.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:23 pm

Andy wrote:
rawaction wrote:
NOLA wrote:What was their alternative there? It was 4th and 19 from near midfield and 2 minutes left.

Quick scouting report for Bears fans. Throw it deep against the Saints. They’ve had more blown zone coverage than any team in recent memory. Every freaking week.

You have to go for it. Ideally, Bridgewater doesn't take a sack, but you have to go for it with that little time left. 4th and 19 is more likely to convert than the longest FG in the history of the NFL. Plus, a miss meant Saints get the ball 7 yards closer than a simple incompletion.

I don't know. Slye has a cannon for a leg and didn't miss that by much. That's one of those where I don't know if I'd had an argument either way. That goes on Bridgewater (and the offensive line) more than anyone else.

Carolina is clearly one of those teams that's just good enough to be a pain in the ass for just about anyone to play but not good enough to beat most of those teams. Tampa is the only loss of their four that wasn't really close - and on the flip side, Arizona is the only one of their wins that wasn't really close.

Honestly, the difference to me is like 2-4 yards. If that's a 61-63 yard kick, sure. But longest FG in NFL history with the game on the line is a lot to ask for.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:53 pm

Baker Mayfield went 0 for 5 in the first quarter. He finished the game completing 22 passes in a row with 5 TD's. Have a day.

Also, Joe Burrow is going to be really good
0 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:54 pm

Didn't realize that the Dolphins were on their bye week when they made the early announcement that they were going with Tua as the starter for their next game. That makes me believe they did it to try and get a good draft pick for Fitz prior to the trade deadline. Announcing that he was being relegated to the bench after a couple of good games keeps his stock up higher than it might be otherwise. Especially after seeing what happened in Dallas.
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:54 pm

DK Metcalf chasing down Budda Baker and preventing a 98 yd pick 6 was more impressive than the game Tyler Lockett had.
1 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:16 pm

BigbadB wrote:Didn't realize that the Dolphins were on their bye week when they made the early announcement that they were going with Tua as the starter for their next game. That makes me believe they did it to try and get a good draft pick for Fitz prior to the trade deadline. Announcing that he was being relegated to the bench after a couple of good games keeps his stock up higher than it might be otherwise. Especially after seeing what happened in Dallas.

Yeah, that's one theory. The other was that they had always planned to get Tua ready over the bye week, but their bye week got changed due to all the rescheduling. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fitz to Dallas within the next day or two. They can still have a bunch of offensive talent and could make the playoffs in a terrible division. Not that it'll do them any good ultimately, but their too proud not to go for it.
2 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:24 pm

rawaction wrote:
BigbadB wrote:Didn't realize that the Dolphins were on their bye week when they made the early announcement that they were going with Tua as the starter for their next game. That makes me believe they did it to try and get a good draft pick for Fitz prior to the trade deadline. Announcing that he was being relegated to the bench after a couple of good games keeps his stock up higher than it might be otherwise. Especially after seeing what happened in Dallas.

Yeah, that's one theory. The other was that they had always planned to get Tua ready over the bye week, but their bye week got changed due to all the rescheduling. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fitz to Dallas within the next day or two. They can still have a bunch of offensive talent and could make the playoffs in a terrible division. Not that it'll do them any good ultimately, but their too proud not to go for it.

They need a ton of help on defense. Might be the worst defense in the league. The Jets actually did pretty well against Buffalo on Sunday.
0 x

champaignchris
Starter

Postby champaignchris » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:27 pm

rawaction wrote:

Dallas is about the only team that makes sense for a Fitz trade unless some front-runner is looking to shore up its #2 spot. Pretty much every other team with qb problems were going to be awful this year anyway.

I suppose I wouldn’t put it entirely past the Pats to cut bait on Newton and make the trade. But, with the Dolphins only a game out of the expanded playoffs, I don’t think they’d want to trade him to another contender for that last spot.
0 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

Postby NOLA » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:40 pm

It seems completely media driven, but lots of chatter about Jameis Winston to the Cowboys. Saints need help at Safety and Nickel.
0 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

Postby NOLA » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:59 pm

0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:06 am

I'm starting to accept the fact that maybe this won't be the Jets' season, but gd this Mekhi Becton:

0 x

"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:56 am

NOLA wrote:It seems completely media driven, but lots of chatter about Jameis Winston to the Cowboys. Saints need help at Safety and Nickel.

Ugh, No. I’d rather see what Winston can do with corrected vision next year as opposed to Taysom Hill full time.
0 x

NOLA
5-Time All-Star

Postby NOLA » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:18 am

OleMissCub wrote:
NOLA wrote:It seems completely media driven, but lots of chatter about Jameis Winston to the Cowboys. Saints need help at Safety and Nickel.

Ugh, No. I’d rather see what Winston can do with corrected vision next year as opposed to Taysom Hill full time.

Could not agree more.
0 x

Splendid Splinter
All-Star

Postby Splendid Splinter » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:18 pm

The Miami Dolphins are signing tight end Adam Shaheen to a two-year extension worth up to $7.85 million with $3.2 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Decided to look up his stats since he's getting extended for somewhat decent $$. Figured he must be producing... I was wrong. 5 receptions/58 yards/2 TDs so far. 95% of that came this past week.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:27 pm

Splendid Splinter wrote:
The Miami Dolphins are signing tight end Adam Shaheen to a two-year extension worth up to $7.85 million with $3.2 million guaranteed, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Decided to look up his stats since he's getting extended for somewhat decent $$. Figured he must be producing... I was wrong. 5 receptions/58 yards/2 TDs so far. 95% of that came this past week.

That is shocking. Do they just need to meet the spending minimum or something?

Hopefully bodes well for the conditional pick (7th to 6th) the Bears got for him.
0 x

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:13 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Splendid Splinter wrote:

Hopefully bodes well for the conditional pick (7th to 6th) the Bears got for him.

It does. They'll get a 6th for him now.
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:33 am

rawaction wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Splendid Splinter wrote:

its too bad we wasted a 2nd on him tho
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:40 am

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
rawaction wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:That is shocking. Do they just need to meet the spending minimum or something?

Yea well Tom Brady was picked in the 6th round so I'm pretty sure those are more valuable.
1 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

NFL Week 7

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:40 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:
rawaction wrote:

Yea well Tom Brady was picked in the 6th round so I'm pretty sure those are more valuable.

HOF QBs picked in the 6th rd? Yea, they definitely are more valuable then 2nd rd busts
0 x

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star

Postby TomtheBombadil » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:29 am

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa- ... oa-ratings

Baltimore and Pittsburgh are next behind Tampa Bay, getting ready for their big matchup coming this Sunday. The Ravens move up a little bit on their week off thanks to changes in opponent adjustments, while Pittsburgh moves down a little bit from a close game with Tennessee. Kansas City moves up to No. 4 after beating Denver, primarily because of a boost in special teams from Byron Pringle's kick return touchdown. The Chiefs defense didn't actually improve in DVOA because that kind of great defensive performance is what we expect teams to have against the Broncos this season. After Kansas City, we've got Indianapolis as surprising fifth and then New Orleans sixth.

Then comes the best division in football, the NFC West. The Los Angeles Rams are up to seventh this week, the San Francisco 49ers are up to eighth, and the Seattle Seahawks drop to ninth. Arizona is now 11th, with Green Bay in between. That's all four NFC West teams in the top 11.

There's a lot of interest in whether the entire NFC West can make the playoffs. The biggest barrier is going to be the New Orleans Saints, and either the Bucs or the Saints end up with a wild card in roughly two-thirds of our simulations. The entire NFC West makes the playoffs in only 4.8% of our simulations. Other possibilities:

Entire NFC West has a winning record: 38.4%
Entire NFC East has a losing record: 63.1%
Entire NFC East is 6-9-1 or worse: 26.4%
Entire NFC East is 5-10-1 or worse: 3.8%
Entire NFC West has a winning record and entire NFC East has a losing record: 25.9%

Tampa's starting to separate from the rest of the league?

Ravens/Steelers at 1 PM this Sunday, that seems like a watchable game
0 x

Return to “Other Sports”