Game 3: Team With No Mitch (PIT) @ Team With Mitch That Doesn't Play (CHI) Noon CBS

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Re: Game 3: Team With No Mitch (PIT) @ Team With Mitch That Doesn't Play (CHI) Noon CBS

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:47 pm

Holy horsefeathers at the number of meatballs who 100% believe Cooper should be cut from the team.
0 x

Thrilho
Starter

Re: Game 3: Team With No Mitch (PIT) @ Team With Mitch That Doesn't Play (CHI) Noon CBS

Postby Thrilho » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:21 pm

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:I want to see Cohen get split wide sometimes and not just for bubble screens

Yeah check out this route by Cohen (bottom of the screen). Makes the DB look lost and Glennon doesn't see him.

Imagine if there was a QB who could hit him in stride near the left hash and you don't have to strain too hard to see a TD. Him plus (to a lesser extent) Mizzell and Cunningham are a fair bit of why I think the passing game will be ok once Mitch gets in there. I think Simms, Miller, and Shaheen should be a pretty good TE group and then you've got a bunch of backs who can catch the ball. You shouldn't need THAT much from the receivers to have a decent passing attack.
0 x

Thrilho
Starter

Postby Thrilho » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:49 pm

Eek. This is not good for that bet. If Howard went down for an extended period I wonder if they'd just roll with rotating a bunch of tiny backs or if they'd try and pick up a bruiser type. Nice thing is with this o-line they should be able to get decent production out of some guy who's working a cash register right now, if just to lighten the load on Cohen.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:58 pm

Thrilho wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/Rich_Campbell/status/912082804028198913
Eek. This is not good for that bet. If Howard went down for an extended period I wonder if they'd just roll with rotating a bunch of tiny backs or if they'd try and pick up a bruiser type. Nice thing is with this o-line they should be able to get decent production out of some guy who's working a cash register right now, if just to lighten the load on Cohen.

Yea there's no way he should have been out there. Honestly, just want him to get healed up.
0 x

Thrilho
Starter

Postby Thrilho » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:59 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Holy horsefeathers at the number of meatballs who 100% believe Cooper should be cut from the team.

Yeah...people are dumb.

0 x

Thrilho
Starter

Postby Thrilho » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:07 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:
Thrilho wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/Rich_Campbell/status/912082804028198913

Yea there's no way he should have been out there. Honestly, just want him to get healed up.

Yeah I'd sit him too but still play Mitch. As has been said already, you're never going to get a perfect sitation. Any team playing the Bears is going to have to respect the short pass/screen game to the RBs so it's not like they'll become totally one dimensional even if they don't have a true between the tackles runner.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:17 pm

Question about the end of the half play...if the Steelers player had fallen on the ball instead of batting it out of the end zone, would that have been a safety or a touchback?
0 x
Win it for Fred

abmillis
All-Star

Postby abmillis » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:29 pm

Gotta be a touchback since it would have been a fumble recovered in the endzone.
0 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:52 pm

Just read through the game thread. Holy crap, Tim. The arguing over whether this team has a good running game is odd. Howard has been playing through a sprained AC joint, opposing teams are stacking the line against the run and they are staying in games in spite of no passing game whatsoever. Page after page of arguing whether someone used the term "elite" properly in a sentence was painful to read.

I literally blew out my flip flop on that Cooper return. When i saw him stop and the ball get dislodged before he was in the end zone, I turned out of my bar stool so angrily, my flip flop dragged the carpet and snapped the strap. Had to have the wife bring a back up pair of flops so that I didn't have to walk funny all day.

Some great points brought up in this thread in general. Personally, I've seen enough of Glennon. I'm not even sure he's good at holding the clipboard at this point. I'm not sure this team is ready to compete for a playoff spot as is, but Glennon certainly doesn't give them that opportunity. Short week against a division rival isn't the most ideal situation, but we could be without Howard on Thursday. Bring Gentry back if Howard can't go, and you have one more guy in the lineup that Trubisky is comfortable with. Now that Shaheen has gotten his feet wet, maybe some familiar personnel and playing a more balanced offense will throw the Packers off of planning to stop the run. I do agree that they shouldn't announce the QB change.

I was pretty impressed with the defense in general, but I did get similarly aggro (not enough to blow out another flip flop) when they decided one on one with no one else in the general area on Antonio Brown for that Steeler TD. They could have lined someone up to take away that passing lane at the very least. They weren't getting great pressure on Ben, but he was feeling pressure even when it wasn't there. He unloaded on a lot of throws earlier than necessary.
0 x

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:59 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:

yeah, Howard is a very good RB, but I'm good with starting Cunningham as the featured back. He's run pretty well thus far.
0 x
“I am not without mercy,” thundered he who was notoriously without mercy.

LeonDurham
Starter

Postby LeonDurham » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:19 pm

horsefeathers it. Let the Packers scheme and prepare for a run-heavy attack and a stationary QB who doesn't throw it over 10 yards. And then start Mitch on Thursday.
0 x

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Quintin Demps out indefinitely with a broken arm.
0 x

Chocolate Milk
5-Time All-Star

Postby Chocolate Milk » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:31 pm

Cohen run at the end of the game was electric. I've probably watched the reply like 50 times.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:38 pm

0 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:42 pm

UMFan83 wrote:Question about the end of the half play...if the Steelers player had fallen on the ball instead of batting it out of the end zone, would that have been a safety or a touchback?

Touchback. The Bears player fumbling makes him liable for the impetus that caused the ball to go into the end zone.

Iirc, if it goes out of the end zone without being intentionally batted it becomes a touchback too.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:34 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:Question about the end of the half play...if the Steelers player had fallen on the ball instead of batting it out of the end zone, would that have been a safety or a touchback?

Touchback. The Bears player fumbling makes him liable for the impetus that caused the ball to go into the end zone.

Iirc, if it goes out of the end zone without being intentionally batted it becomes a touchback too.

Well definitely not as boneheaded as what Cooper did, but nice blunder by the Steelers holder. I guess you could argue in the heat of the moment he did what he did to avoid the TD but I don't think any Bears besides a stunned Cooper were anywhere near the ball.
0 x
Win it for Fred

Thrilho
Starter

Postby Thrilho » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:32 pm

Some nice clips of the O-line dominating on some run blocking. The Sims block on the Cohen run was pretty nice. That's one part that doesn't get talked about much in the receiver situation. If you split the TEs wide and run they're gonna have the chance to dominate a corner.

0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star

Re: RE: Re: Game 3: Team With No Mitch (PIT) @ Team With Mitch That Doesn't Play (CHI) Noon CBS

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:55 pm

Thrilho wrote:Some nice clips of the O-line dominating on some run blocking. The Sims block on the Cohen run was pretty nice. That's one part that doesn't get talked about much in the receiver situation. If you split the TEs wide and run they're gonna have the chance to dominate a corner.

Hoping that Whitehair can get settled and on track. Need Sitton 100%. Sowell was a joke.
0 x

Return to “Other Sports”